Honest, I Didnae Mean To Say That!

RickMcD

Ever say something dopey and then feel embarrassed? I'm retired but still deal with a few of my old clients and yesterday I was on the phone to a woman who leases a house from one of said clients. I've spoken to her a few times but don't actually know her very well. We ended up speaking about a mutual friend, a very elderly man and I was saying to this woman Avril that I thought he had,as I put it ' You know yon illness that makes you fall asleep instantly- what's it called- Oh,aye necrophilia'. At that point, I heard my lady wife laughing through in the lounge. but I thought she she was laughing at something on the TV. Avril didn't say anything and she agreed that our friend wasn't well. When I came off the phone and my wife told me I had said necrophilia I thought she was taking the piss. I was convinced I said narcolepsy. Just in case I sent Avril a text and she confirmed that I had said necrophilia, but she knew what I had meant to say. She said she would have a laugh telling her husband. Anybody got a similar faux pas to own up to?

Shucks, ok, well, aye, in the oooerr nurse departement.........

I had occasion to have knee surgery once and upon my return to work one of the PA's wanted to see the scarring, being a curious sort and interested in medical shit and gore and all that.

Anyway, long story short, perhaps in retrospect I made a mistake, but revealed my treated knee to the curious woman and she was looking at it as I sat at a chair behind a desk, commenting on the tidy scarring she says, ' oh, hmm, ' quite tidy , not a bad size actually, swellings not too bad' or words to that effect at the very moment a colleague walked into the room , well his face , ffs, shine a light

No amount of explaining was successful, in fact the more defence offered up, the more guilt was attributed, it never fails to get re jigged and mentioned, its now ingrained in workplace myth. I've still got the scars, physical and mental

I had learned I was born at the Barshaw Maternity Hospital. It closed in 1959.

When I was about 9 years old, a long time ago, and because of the fact my big brother was born in Ireland and I was born in Paisley there were many conversations among the Scottish relatives along the lines of "Jack was born in Ireland wasn't he? And wee Bobby was born, eh ,.................here wasn't he?

Well, my aunty Babs, my mother's sister, started to discuss the family history and when it came to the "Jack was born in Ireland bit and wee Bobby was born, eh.........."

I came in proud as punch and said....................

"And I was conceived in Barshaw Park"

I once had a conversation with my two wee sisters that involved incense candles but I kept calling them incest candles. My two wee sisters were pishing themselves with laughter and I'm like "wits so funny?"

I think its nice you can 'wax lyrical' about a couple of 'old flames' with the family & share it with us :P

Ever say something dopey and then feel embarrassed? I'm retired but still deal with a few of my old clients and yesterday I was on the phone to a woman who leases a house from one of said clients. I've spoken to her a few times but don't actually know her very well. We ended up speaking about a mutual friend, a very elderly man and I was saying to this woman Avril that I thought he had,as I put it ' You know yon illness that makes you fall asleep instantly- what's it called- Oh,aye necrophilia'. At that point, I heard my lady wife laughing through in the lounge. but I thought she she was laughing at something on the TV. Avril didn't say anything and she agreed that our friend wasn't well. When I came off the phone and my wife told me I had said necrophilia I thought she was taking the piss. I was convinced I said narcolepsy. Just in case I sent Avril a text and she confirmed that I had said necrophilia, but she knew what I had meant to say. She said she would have a laugh telling her husband. Anybody got a similar faux pas to own up to?

afraid not,,i dont have avrils number to txt her.............whistling.gif