Saints V Queens 6/2/16

bluto

Baird was excellent (my MOTM) with Kelly playing very well too.

Thought Mallan was miles better today. Excellent free kick.clap.gif

Apart from one dodgy kick out Langfield had a great game.

Crawford Allan was absolutely woeful. What a useless c**t of a man.

Thought it was a fairly even game with both teams dominating certain periods of the game.

Onwards and upwards!thumbup2.gif

Yeah, thought Mallan did a lot more of the dirty work today - tracking back, making tackles etc. Rae said afterwards he sees a bit of himself in him (ooh, matron) so perhaps he has the ideal manager to improve him.

Highlight, aside from the goal, was the blatant shove by one of our players going unpunished in stoppage time. One of their coaches volleyed the hell out of the wee advertising boards :lol:

Clarkson and Quinn can be big players for us - thought both had really good games today and got through a power of work. Having Quinn alongside him is allowing Mallan a bit more freedom to play. Two home wins on the bounce and within 4 points of 4th ........ f#cken hell !!

Quinn was man of the match for me.

Few people realise what players like him contribute to a team, but it's not coincidence that Mallan looks more confident with him there.

Big player for us.

Totally agree... Which means you also must know absolutely nothing about football... And that's a fact... Not an opinion!

;-)

Re Baird... It is obvious that Jack has been told to keep it simple. No coincidence that his confidence has increased and his performances improved.

That Rae bloke might just know what he is talking about after all!

;)

Good performance

Shankland looked much better than last week, lots of movement lots of hussle and lots linking up.

Clarkson good needs to get a wee bit fitter,

Gallacher played well, seemed to have the beating of his man,

Cooper. Not sure, still looked lacking match fitness.

Mallan had a good game, still a few silly balls but so much better

Quinn did what he had to,

Back four looked good, Webster was not missed, Kelly and baird were excellent,

Langfields best game for us.

Over all the score did not flatter us, Langfield's saves were fairly routine, At no time was I worried after mallan scored,

But Started very slowly and really didn't make the best of our chances.

PS West stand linesman and Ref were cocks. Mainstand linesman just incompetent

Other than 3 points - not much to get carried away with.

Effort and competent performance from the players but QoS played with more cohesion than us - and that's not saying much.

We seldom threatened other than at Mallan free kicks.

Langfield, Baird, Kelly and Mallan just shaded it above the others.

Edited by northstbuddie

Aye, special mention for the officials. Baffling decisions throughout, and against both sides.

Utterly inept.

You know a referee has been truly shite when, after he awards a free kick FOR St Mirren, the St Mirren support just laugh and start singing 'you don't know what you're doing!'. Clarkson clearly just fell over while trying to turn the defender. The defender did absolutely nothing wrong. Laughable. I hope when that referee got home tonight, Snow White kicked his cnut in.

Edited by pozbaird

Baird was excellent (my MOTM) with Kelly playing very well too.

Thought Mallan was miles better today. Excellent free kick.clap.gif

Apart from one dodgy kick out Langfield had a great game.

Crawford Allan was absolutely woeful. What a useless c**t of a man.

Thought it was a fairly even game with both teams dominating certain periods of the game.

Onwards and upwards!thumbup2.gif

Should have read this before posting. Perfect summary in my eyes. Spot on.

If we grind out results like this every game for the rest of the season that'll do for me.

Back 4 looked better when Webster went off, Shankland and Clarkson will score goals of that I have no doubt,good link up and a few nice wee flicks on for one another.

Stevie Mallan was much better today ,still a few silly loose passes, but the work horse big Rocco did all the dirty work in the middle, Goodwin back and wee will be fine.

Once again I feel the need to remind fans,Stevie is only 19, he is a diamond shining in the gloom.

I feel Keith Watson again had a good game and when Big Jason comes back,move him to right midfield maybe ?

Langfield gives me the Jitters and then when we were under pressure near the end he came out with 2 great takes from corners

3 points in the bag and 4 points off 4th, cant be bad.

The officials do not merit a mention as I despair of Scottish refs .laughable at best,

Whilst it was not the best of performances from St.Mirren they managed a back to back home victory, and against a better team than we played last week. At no point did I get the feeling St.Mirren were going to lose today on their performance, however the one thing that could have ruined the game was the referee who dished out bewildering decisions to both teams.

The SFA want to take a serious look at the performances of referees. Along with the linesmen/assistant referees, all of which receive good money that none of them earned today. Morally they should all donate the money they will receive for todays performance to charity.

The most inept decision by the main stand side Assistant ref was when he shook his head indicating to the ref that the QOS 'keeper hadn't gathered the ball outside the box after his magnificent fumble.

The ref just ignored him and awarded the free kick anyway.

We were right in line with it, and it was clearly outside the box.

Edited by FTOF

You know a referee has been truly shite when, after he awards a free kick FOR St Mirren, the St Mirren support just laugh and start singing 'you don't know what you're doing!'. Clarkson clearly just fell over while trying to turn the defender. The defender did absolutely nothing wrong. Laughable. I hope when that referee got home tonight, Snow White kicked his cnut in.

Even the ref knew that wasn't a free kick. He was using it to even things up after guessing wrongly about a corner he'd failed to award us a couple of minutes earlier.

Even the ref knew that wasn't a free kick. He was using it to even things up after guessing wrongly about a corner he'd failed to award us a couple of minutes earlier.

There wasn't a single player on either side that was expecting a corner to be awarded on that occasion.