Saints V Queens 6/2/16

bluto

• 3 weeks later...

Back to back wins against them would put us in a very strong position

At to be honest why not? We have signed some decent players who will gel into the team as the weeks go on. There are no spectacular teams in this league and if our home form hadn't been so woeful this season we'd be in fourth place at least right now.

At to be honest why not? We have signed some decent players who will gel into the team as the weeks go on. There are no spectacular teams in this league and if our home form hadn't been so woeful this season we'd be in fourth place at least right now.

Raith, QOTS and Morton have not impressed me this season. It just shows how much there is a gap in quality between the top 3 and the rest of the league. We can still realistically finish 4th after such a disasterous half of the season gone.

Snow forecast for Saturday. Get this game off now, will no one think of Dickson's children?

Still be waiting to be given some financial reward for my 100 per cent accurate assessment that Saturday's game would go ahead. Only fair after he said his kids would be after money if the game was off.

Still be waiting to be given some financial reward for my 100 per cent accurate assessment that Saturday's game would go ahead. Only fair after he said his kids would be after money if the game was off.

Hows that work? It wasn't a bet. You made a confident prediction the game would be on, and my sons left the house knowing that if the game was off the fact they had travelled was your fault. I'm sure you would have been delighted to compensate them for their loss if you had been wrong....:rolleyes:

Hows that work? It wasn't a bet. You made a confident prediction the game would be on, and my sons left the house knowing that if the game was off the fact they had travelled was your fault. I'm sure you would have been delighted to compensate them for their loss if you had been wrong....rolleyes.gif

I wasn't the one who brought up the ridiculous notion of compensation in the first place.

First in a double header which could see us close the gap on Queens who are in joint fourth with a game in hand over Raith which given how poor we were in the final months of IM's tenure is to quote the late, great David Colman remarkable.

offtopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

Going off topic my favourite Colmanball Is from TMS - The bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey.

Please feel free to take the thread of topic by adding your own...............

Anyway what else is there to say but COYS!

In the head to head Saints have 33 league wins, QotS have 21 and there has been 16 draws. We have won 21 of them in Paisley, 6 draws and 7 away wins for Queens.

My favourite one was when we last met in the league in Paisley where Charlie Adam scored a late winner whilst at the same time in Dingwall St Johnstone's keeper scored a last minute equaliser thus creating a 4 point swing and placing one hand on the title.

We have a decent league record against Queens of late, I make it 8 games unbeaten?

When the game was first scheduled I was hoping it would be called off cause of how bad we were, and it was. I'm hoping it's on tomorrow. We are certainly a better team now than we were then, and better than when we won 2-0 in Dumfries in September. We're not great by any measure, just better than we were.

Rae's won 3 of his first 5 league games, not bad considering Murray won 2 out of 16. However 2 of Rae's win were against Alloa and 1 of them was against Morton. The former will finish 10th and the latter are...well the latter are Morton. They never beat us no matter who's in charge.

I think we've had a good window, I expect Clarkson, Irvine and Quinn to all start tomorrow. They're all good experienced players at this level and their arrival seems to have given the team a bit of a lift.

We will definitely get a good idea how the remainder of our season is going to pan out after this double header. An unlikely late charge for 4th, a scramble to avoid 9th, or mid table obscurity. I think the latter is the most likely and that would be fine by me.

Go for 1-1.

Edited by TopCat

When the game was first scheduled I was hoping it would be called off cause of how bad we were, and it was. I'm hoping it's on tomorrow. We are certainly a better team now than we were then, and better than when we won 2-0 in Dumfries in September. We're not great by any measure, just better than we were.

Rae's won 3 of his first 5 league games, not bad considering Murray won 2 out of 16. However 2 of Rae's win were against Alloa and 1 of them was against Morton. The former will finish 10th and the latter are...well the latter are Morton. They never beat us no matter who's in charge.

I think we've had a good window, I expect Clarkson, Irvine and Quinn to all start tomorrow. They're all good experienced players at this level and their arrival seems to have given the team a bit of a lift.

We will definitely get a good idea how the remainder of our season is going to pan out after this double header. An unlikely late charge for 4th, a scramble to avoid 9th, or mid table obscurity. I think the latter is the most likely and that would be fine by me.

Go for 1-1.

I agree with Topcat and see a 1-1 today in what should be a much tougher game than the Alloa one and we made very heavy weather of that. Two home wins in a row would be too much to hope for or would it? :-)