Saints V Queens 6/2/16

bluto

Copied from other thread:

Had the opportunity to view both over the last couple of months.

The main stand north end would be as well shut for the amount in it. The south end is busier partly because of the corporate (usually twice as fat as well so look like more people!) wink.png

With the middle being the only part which seems to be putting enough bums on seats.

The west stand seems to be even spread W1 to 5 most weeks & i`d say the numbers would be broadly similar to the main.

Why don`t the board offer the North of the main stand to the visiting support ? This would make far more sense, nearer St.James station & the away Buses and as a certain %age of the main stand have access to separate corporate facilities , press ,board & visitors also have their own facilities , this would mean when the facilities are halved it would have less effect on the home fans.

I think the main stand looks more full cause it is full of well feed overweight middle aged guys like me whose arses take up a lot of room, whereas the west stand is full of scrawny under fed under employed ne'er-do-wells who could fit 3 to a seat.

Have I missed anyone out?

Aye......me..... :o

Copied from other thread:

Had the opportunity to view both over the last couple of months.

The main stand north end would be as well shut for the amount in it. The south end is busier partly because of the corporate (usually twice as fat as well so look like more people!) wink.png

With the middle being the only part which seems to be putting enough bums on seats.

The west stand seems to be even spread W1 to 5 most weeks & i`d say the numbers would be broadly similar to the main.

Why don`t the board offer the North of the main stand to the visiting support ? This would make far more sense, nearer St.James station & the away Buses and as a certain %age of the main stand have access to separate corporate facilities , press ,board & visitors also have their own facilities , this would mean when the facilities are halved it would have less effect on the home fans.

It would also be the area that the 1877 club members would exit out to when leaving the new club area, should they so wish to do so.

It would also be the area that the 1877 club members would exit out to when leaving the new club area, should they so wish to do so.

I think their exit would have to be by the main door at the main stand, i don't recall there being a stairway from the void area down to the ground floor, i could be wrong though.

I think their exit would have to be by the main door at the main stand, i don't recall there being a stairway from the void area down to the ground floor, i could be wrong though.

There is a stairway down to the side of the ticket collection window at the far end. But, there will also be exits created leading out to the main stand seats much like hospitality on the other side. Members will, if leaving up to 20 mins prior to kick off, be able to exit and make for their seats no matter which stand the seat is in.

I don't know why we didn't play this fixture on the 29th of Dec, when many of our competitors had a game. .

Surely a Saturday afternoon at 3pm is always the preferred option? What benefit would have been playing it midweek between Christmas and new year with important games before and after?

Given Queens moved their Boxing Day game against Morton to the October international break, I'm guessing they wouldn't have been too keen to then have a game a few days before New Year. The only other re-arranged Championship game that week was a Falkirk one - Rangers played Hibs on the Monday in a carry over from the weekend.

Makes far more sense to play it on a Saturday and it was fairly obvious the two clubs were waiting to see what happened with the cup considering other teams were rearranging postponed games and we weren't. Playing the same team two weeks running isn't ideal but it happens all the time. If the clubs had a problem with it, they wouldn't have rearranged the game for that weekend.