The Boxing Thread

shull

Well done Tyson Fury, the new World Heavyweight Champion.

He gave Wladimir Klitschko a right good doing.

I am thankfully getting into other Sports and getting my fix.

St Mirren, presently, ain't f**king doing it for me .

Any thought?

Tyson Fury's main problem, and one he's had throughout his career, is motivation. When he's motivated and actually bothers he can be excellent, like last night. On the other hand, there was a fight early in his career against ageing journeyman John McDermott, and it's no exaggeration to say that Fury was fat and slow, and McDermott schooled him from bell to bell, winning every round. Only inarguably corrupt or negligent refereeing and scoring saved Fury's undefeated record. I hope now that he has the titles that he keeps his motivation and doesn't embarrass himself on the global platform he now has.

Sad sad day for heavyweight boxing when this chomp holds the heavyweight title. To think of the guys in the past that have held it Ali, Foreman, Tyson and now Tyson Fury..i think he will be lucky to last one defence..possibly the worst boxer to ever hold the title...

If fury is still around in a year or so's time I would like to see him in against Anthony Joshua, he is the real deal and in my opinion streets ahead of tyson fury.

I've never been an avid boxing fan but always quite enjoyed especially heavyweight world championship bouts. They used to be sensational and got nearly everybody excited. I remember in primary school when Don Cockell fought Marcianno we raved about it for weeks. Then we had Cassius Clay followed by a guy called Muhammad Ali. After that for me the sport started a gradual decline and I barely pay attention now. Pleased to see Fury won although I agree that the Klitschko of a few years ago would have won comfortably. I couldn't even be assed watching it.

I've never been an avid boxing fan but always quite enjoyed especially heavyweight world championship bouts. They used to be sensational and got nearly everybody excited. I remember in primary school when Don Cockell fought Marcianno we raved about it for weeks. Then we had Cassius Clay followed by a guy called Muhammad Ali. After that for me the sport started a gradual decline and I barely pay attention now. Pleased to see Fury won although I agree that the Klitschko of a few years ago would have won comfortably. I couldn't even be assed watching it.

You're right after Ali the Heavyweight division was a bit of a bore

Holmes and then Tyson slapping about big fat guys even George Foreman held his own

The middleweight was the place,Hearns,Hagler,Sugar Ray Leonard even the Brits were good to watch

Minter,Sibson and Dave Boy Green

Later on Benn,Eubank,Watson and Steve Collins

My fav was a Welsh boxer who always seem to win his fights Rocky style

Colin Jones

You're right after Ali the Heavyweight division was a bit of a bore

Holmes and then Tyson slapping about big fat guys even George Foreman held his own

The middleweight was the place,Hearns,Hagler,Sugar Ray Leonard even the Brits were good to watch

Minter,Sibson and Dave Boy Green

Later on Benn,Eubank,Watson and Steve Collins

My fav was a Welsh boxer who always seem to win his fights Rocky style

Colin Jones

Aye - Dave Boy Green, the Fenland Tiger.

Thrilling to watch. He flourished at a time of some great fighters. Sugar Ray par excellence....

Amazing to think Green's 62, noo... :o

He's got older...

http://www.law-mag.com/archive/dave-boy-green/

Aye - Dave Boy Green, the Fenland Tiger.

Thrilling to watch. He flourished at a time of some great fighters. Sugar Ray par excellence....

Amazing to think Green's 62, noo... ohmy.png

He's got older...

http://www.law-mag.com/archive/dave-boy-green/

Aye a hardy boy,a scrapper than boxer

Sugar Ray had knocked him out before his head hit the canvas

Where did you hear that?

It was 'confirmed' ( No fixed details yet ) that it is 'on' by both boxers tonight.

Benn said 'Lets get this thing on , no more games' 28/11/15

Eubank said tonight 'It will happen if he accepts what we offer him'

Benn claims 'I am fitter than ever'

So , think its possibly on the cards for 2016?

Watch this space.

Can't believe that Joshua v Whyte is a PPV on Sky. This is a purely domestic bout with nether of them having been tested by ANY quality

They are little more than amateurs, SKY and Matchroom are just about to overplay their hand

this is one for the pub, i think

Whyte will get smashed in this fight, all talk..