The Boxing Thread

shull

Can't believe that Joshua v Whyte is a PPV on Sky. This is a purely domestic bout with nether of them having been tested by ANY quality

They are little more than amateurs, SKY and Matchroom are just about to overplay their hand

this is one for the pub, i think

It's a decent bill to be fair, the headline alone isn't box office but Eubank Jr, Mitchell and Bellew makes it a good card.

Considering I paid £20odd quid for the Mayweather- Pacquaio fight which was rotten and hardly had any undercard of note i don't think this card is the worst value.

It's feckin ludicrous having 4 versions of the exact same thing. Money making scam.

Boxing started making a clown of itself years ago. I was an avid fan years ago but now barely bother. When guys like Don King have influence and make megabucks there's a lot wrong. Some UK promoters were dodgy too. King is a caricature. He would look OTT in a boxing movie but unfortunately he's for real.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Fury to be stripped of his WBO belt within the next 10 days.

Apparently he has to explain why the belt should not be vacated due to "inactivity, breach of contract and performance-enhancing drugs".

Fury said he was taking cocaine to help deal with depression.

Does he think we're zipped up the back of the head!!

Nugget!!! :boo2:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just watched the Fury v Wilder fight, Jeezo.

Fury battered a very good boxer all over the ring, towel thrown in round 7, surprised he lasted that long TBH. 

Wilders left ear was bleeding internally, might have been effecting his balance but he was wobbling all over the place.

A brilliant victory for Fury.

Absolutely smashed him. 

Love a good boxing match. :boxing

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just watched the Fury v Wilder fight, Jeezo.

Fury battered a very good boxer all over the ring, towel thrown in round 7, surprised he lasted that long TBH. 

Wilders left ear was bleeding internally, might have been effecting his balance but he was wobbling all over the place.

A brilliant victory for Fury.

Absolutely smashed him. 

Love a good boxing match. :boxing

Oh, should have mentioned, Fury singing American Pie at the end, the Yanks didn't seem to like it, I thought it was a decent rendition. :lol:

Wilders entrance, like something from a fetish club. 

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Fury could be next up for AJ.
Talk is this could be the biggest sporting event since England won the world cup.
At least, if it's in the UK, it'll be on a decent time, Vegas fight are shite at 4-5am. :boxing

Apparently the Saudis are in for hosting it if it happens.

AJ was there recently, I've been there, and the time difference is the other way, ahead of us so still a decent time. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, faraway saint said:

Fury could be next up for AJ.

Talk is this could be the biggest sporting event since England won the world cup.

At least, if it's in the UK, it'll be on a decent time, Vegas fight are shite at 4-5am. :boxing

Looks like it's happening.....................and could be in Saudi, brilliant, no stupid o'clock kick off.

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury confirm 'financial agreement' for TWO world-title fights... with Saudi Arabia the early favourite to host the biggest showdown in British boxing HISTORY

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, faraway saint said:

Joshua starring in another stadium fight tonight, passing time till he can get in the ring with Fury.

Due in the ring just after 10:00pm, at least a decent time rather than these fecking USA shitfests. 

Not an easy fight, I fancy Usyk. Great boxer when on the backfoot, can counter punch while stepping back. Would be a shame if we don't get to see Joshua vs Fury at their peak - feel like we could be about to miss that boat