St Mirren Agm

shull

I couldn't make it last night.What was said about Fri night games?

The thistle game is an experiment. It will have early bird ticket discounts (which invalidates the experiment, imo) Someone asked if it will become a regular thing as would affect decision to purchase season ticket. SG said point was taken.

You could just have turned up mate.No invite required,your name would have been on the list of shareholders.

When does it start?

I miss the glossy Account Brochures from the 1980's.

Used to get discount off Season Ticket then if one was a Shareholder.

Happily then, Season Tickets were valid for everything and the Team was not shite and Aber wisnae a Jessie.

Edited by shull

Six more years with a club to watch though.

The question is though, in which league? Less travel in the Lowland league.

I'm puzzled by this - what questions did they dodge? Where do you feel let down by a lack of communication. Easy barbs to throw but where is the substance in the accusations?

"Why do I feel let down by lack of communication?" Let me see, there is the Friday night Partick game which the club just announce they have changed it, without even asking the funders of the same club what there thoughts are.

There is the re-branding of the stadium as one of the clubs with a bigoted following.

There is the former manager slating the support (funders of the club) and the board say nothing.

And thats just recently!

The question is though, in which league? Less travel in the Lowland league.

"Why do I feel let down by lack of communication?" Let me see, there is the Friday night Partick game which the club just announce they have changed it, without even asking the funders of the same club what there thoughts are.

There is the re-branding of the stadium as one of the clubs with a bigoted following.

There is the former manager slating the support (funders of the club) and the board say nothing.

And thats just recently!

Why not attend the AGM and ask the questions yourself?? I was there and didn't feel that there was any sort of barrier to asking relevant (or otherwise) questions.

My notes from the AGM:

Formalities:

Accounts accepted, directors re-elected and auditors re-appointed

Accounts:

Directors loans have been repaid shortly after year end using the parachute payment – no interest was charged and there is not expected to be a repeat of the cash flow issues this year.

Depreciation is calculated as a percentage of the build cost of the stadium, but maintenance in an on-going project rather than building up a reserve to offset this.

Excluding depreciation the club broke even.

Sale:

There are expressions of interest all the time, there is 'nothing on the table of any interest at the moment'– the directors are ‘just looking for their money back’.

Access:

Currently awaiting a grant to enable higher level seating for disabled supporters.

Club is currently in breach of equalities act, as vehicle access is restricted.

Manager:

This will be our 5th manager in 2 years, the Board are not in a rush, have to get the appointment right.

Have had 30-40 applicants already, most with little or no experience.

Alex Miller will take charge in the interim (working without a contract), but doesn’t want the job – club wont promote from within – looking for serious experience.

Playing staff:

There is some budget for players, but will mainly need to move players on to bring in new players, the board will not go into debt to improve the squad.

Manager is entirely responsible for signings, he controls his budget – board don’t advise – if the manager wants scouts or additional coaches, it comes out of his budget.

Currently no bids for any of our players.

We have a 33% sell on clause for John McGinn.

Players trained more under Ian Murray than any other manager the board had seen – players we happy with the training on a Sunday – this was introduced on the back of medical advice (warm down/recover).

Commercial initiatives:

Number of initiatives on-going, Car parking, Conferencing, Supporters’ bar but always keen to look at new ideas, this is why Thistle is being played on a Friday night and experimenting without segregation, also trialling early bird pricing.

Other:

Board generally in favour of League Cup changes, would like to see more football player in summer months without a complete switch to summer football.

BBC alba deal is not good for championship clubs, only £3k per game screened, we should not have any further home games on Alba this season.

Meeting closed at 6:45pm

Edited by BLF

Why not attend the AGM and ask the questions yourself?? I was there and didn't feel that there was any sort of barrier to asking relevant (or otherwise) questions.

Maybe LP is not a shareholder so legally cannot attend.

So the consortium are 'just looking for their money back'.

While I can understand that, is it realistic? Surely it should be a case of reconciling themselves to accepting the best offer that is made over a reasonable period of time (six years and counting....).

It sounds clichéd, but it is nonetheless true that their shares are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, and there is every chance that this will not match what they feel they are due. In the meantime, the club has a malaise that can only be depreciating it's value with each passing day.

Of course, it is their prerogative to hold out, but they also have a responsibility to both shareholders and supporters of the club. They are the current custodians, and also have to do the right thing by the club, no?

Edited by Drew

Maybe LP is not a shareholder so legally cannot attend.

I guessed that to be the case.....more pointing out that it is easy to criticise others for not doing the bidding that you can't/won't do for yourself and shouting from afar.

The reality may be that others (shareholders) weren't as concerned about the questions above, maybe even agreed with the board on the particular decisions they took or had previously sought out the answers directly from the decision makers. The BoD have made mistakes (in my opinion) and made decisions I didn't agree with but in my experience have always been willing to enter into discussion with me any time I've felt strongly enough to enquire.

I guessed that to be the case.....more pointing out that it is easy to criticise others for not doing the bidding that you can't/won't do for yourself and shouting from afar.

The reality may be that others (shareholders) weren't as concerned about the questions above, maybe even agreed with the board on the particular decisions they took or had previously sought out the answers directly from the decision makers. The BoD have made mistakes (in my opinion) and made decisions I didn't agree with but in my experience have always been willing to enter into discussion with me any time I've felt strongly enough to enquire.

I would have asked them if they take full responsibility for having Five Managers in two years? No one else made those piss poor decisions.

I would have asked them if they take full responsibility for having Five Managers in two years? No one else made those piss poor decisions.

I agree there is no doubt they have to take responsibility for it. As there can be no doubt then why ask the question in the first place (unless the only purpose is to draw attention (blame) to the fact).

The more pertinent question, what are we doing this time with regard to picking a manager, was asked (see BLF's post)

Edited by WeeBud

So the consortium are 'just looking for their money back'.

While I can understand that, is it realistic? Surely it should be a case of reconciling themselves to accepting the best offer that is made over a reasonable period of time (six years and counting....).

It sounds clichéd, but it is nonetheless true that their shares are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, and there is every chance that this will not match what they feel they are due. In the meantime, the club has a malaise that can only be depreciating it's value with each passing day.

Of course, it is their prerogative to hold out, but they also have a responsibility to both shareholders and supporters of the club. They are the current custodians, and also have to do the right thing by the club, no?

There are not many people who get involved in football and get their money back, I'd say....