Leckie On Murray

shull

A decent article by Leckie.However Murray has to be replaced immediately clearly we are an utter shambles as evidenced on Saturday against an average Rangers side.We had no shape players didn't look interested or fit.BOD must act now surely but with immediate effect we should abandon this Sunday training day off Monday saga and train Monday to Friday double sessions just like Hearts.

So who should all the money that Murray generates go to?

What money generated?

If you mean the rewards for him playing a niche game, then my point is simply that he receives more than sufficient reward in that very manner - thus a knighthood is unnecessary. I don't contribute towards that money, so it would be invidious of me to comment on it.

What money generated?

If you mean the rewards for him playing a niche game, then my point is simply that he receives more than sufficient reward in that very manner - thus a knighthood is unnecessary. I don't contribute towards that money, so it would be invidious of me to comment on it.

If Chris Hoy, Steve Redgrave, Matthew Pincent, Ben Ainslie etc can win knighthoods for 'niche' sports then why shouldn't Murray?

If Chris Hoy, Steve Redgrave, Matthew Pincent, Ben Ainslie etc can win knighthoods for 'niche' sports then why shouldn't Murray?

Better to ask, why the f**k they need knighthoods, at all?

They should be like most people who are knighted - pay a political party sufficient money. There's a brutal honesty about that.

Better still, if we can bring ourselves to purge the morally dubious honours system, then we could be a country that recognises its true heroes - IE those who selflessly contribute towards its general good.

They should be like most people who are knighted - pay a political party sufficient money. There's a brutal honesty about that.

Better still, if we can bring ourselves to purge the morally dubious honours system, then we could be a country that recognises its true heroes - IE those who selflessly contribute towards its general good.

Yeh fair enough, I agree. But by their current standards he should get one.

Whilst we chastise Murray for leading a bunch of hopeless clowns, all blame certainly does not sit with him. The club has plummeted since they relieved Danny of his services, and although many criticized Danny, a national trophy and top 8 are billuions of miles away from where we are heading. Don't think this has bottomed out, and anyone who witnessed our recent form know far well that Sons and Alloa are a better footballing team than we are. We are appalling. My pal told me that early 70s we were dreadful, but I have never seen a Saints team that cant make more than 3 passes, and certainly no more than 2 forward. I have never been so embarrassed as I was Saturday.Does Murray ask the players to line up on the 18 yard line, does he ask them to thump the ball anywhere, does he make us the most predictable shower of tossers to play against. Simple- how to beat St Mirren, play high and press, don't worry they have no pace, no ability and no fight. Said it before, the BOD watch this piss, and they seem happy, so why do we give a flying. The only way is down, and yes of course we can get relegated, looking at the unwashed, they went from title challengers to rock bottom in a year, with that muppett Kenny Sheilds, we are that bad. Hell knows what Miller brings to party, he just sits there with his armed folded, and what will the BOD do, well, if they sack Murray, they will appoint him. Miller asked for this role, he got it and he is appalling, Craig asked for the role as did Teale. Its obvious our BOD have no clue who to appoint. Since Danny, who won back to back promos and has tremendous work ethic, when we play them in two weeks its a 6 pointer and I hate to say it, but we are not favs.Whilst I hear what Leikie says, it is a point, but not the main point. Murray is our 3rd Manager in 15 months, in that time, we lost first 5 without Scoring , we then got relegated with a complete novice at the helm, and now Murray is showing he is out of his depth also. Its not rocket science, we are unfit, no tactics and losers in mentality, Hope I am wrong but I see Peterhead on fixtures next year at this rate

Alloa have 5 points yet you think they are a better side than us? We are rank, I will give you that, but if Alloa and Dumbarton are better sides than us - both below us in the table - then we really are in a mess.

Yes if we consider some of those recently disgraced individuals who had honours/knighthoods , most sane people wouldn't want any association with the damned process whatsoever . .

Never sat well with me how the club treated Danny Lennon.

It was all very underhanded, the fact the next regime took over straight away meant they had been approached prior to Danny's sacking.

2 faced all of them since they worked with DL at the time.

Reap what you sow springs to mind.

It was all very underhanded, the fact the next regime took over straight away meant they had been approached prior to Danny's sacking.

Yip, although the way they treated Tom Hendrie was even worse. That really was a shameful episode with so many "supporters" complicit.

No worse than Fergie or Clunie. We've never had a decent manager since.

Can't disagree with any of that.

I was at all three games in the last week and we were abject pish in every one of them.

The fans have been patient, but there is absolutely no sign of any progress being made under Ian Murray and for that reason he's got to go.

Really? Two league games into the season fans were shouting for him to get sacked!

Whilst we chastise Murray for leading a bunch of hopeless clowns, all blame certainly does not sit with him. The club has plummeted since they relieved Danny of his services, and although many criticized Danny, a national trophy and top 8 are billuions of miles away from where we are heading. Don't think this has bottomed out, and anyone who witnessed our recent form know far well that Sons and Alloa are a better footballing team than we are. We are appalling. My pal told me that early 70s we were dreadful, but I have never seen a Saints team that cant make more than 3 passes, and certainly no more than 2 forward. I have never been so embarrassed as I was Saturday.

Does Murray ask the players to line up on the 18 yard line, does he ask them to thump the ball anywhere, does he make us the most predictable shower of tossers to play against. Simple- how to beat St Mirren, play high and press, don't worry they have no pace, no ability and no fight. Said it before, the BOD watch this piss, and they seem happy, so why do we give a flying. The only way is down, and yes of course we can get relegated, looking at the unwashed, they went from title challengers to rock bottom in a year, with that muppett Kenny Sheilds, we are that bad. Hell knows what Miller brings to party, he just sits there with his armed folded, and what will the BOD do, well, if they sack Murray, they will appoint him. Miller asked for this role, he got it and he is appalling, Craig asked for the role as did Teale. Its obvious our BOD have no clue who to appoint. Since Danny, who won back to back promos and has tremendous work ethic, when we play them in two weeks its a 6 pointer and I hate to say it, but we are not favs.

Whilst I hear what Leikie says, it is a point, but not the main point. Murray is our 3rd Manager in 15 months, in that time, we lost first 5 without Scoring , we then got relegated with a complete novice at the helm, and now Murray is showing he is out of his depth also. Its not rocket science, we are unfit, no tactics and losers in mentality, Hope I am wrong but I see Peterhead on fixtures next year at this rate

Yes, but the fans wanted him out and the fans are the ones who pay their money & keep the club going... wink.png

But it's quintessentially British and is something on which the proud history of this proud nation has been built, doncha know.....

No worse than Fergie or Clunie. We've never had a decent manager since.

And Jim Clunie didn't escape supporter criticism either.