Latest Accounts To May 2015

div

What makes me laugh is the calls by many posters, some of them even forum owners for a new "Sugar Daddy" type owner to throw money into the club...

Well that isnt going to happen anytime soon, unless of course you will be happy seeing the said investor stripping oit anything they can sell, pawn or lease back before going into along tortous administration/liquidation process. FFS do you even think things through?

Is your first name Jeremiah by any chance? In your last manifestation you were exactly the same. In your world everyone has to have an angle. Found any reds under the bed recently? There is such a thing as a beneficial owner though admittedly not too many. Things aren't good at the minute and an opportunity could arise for another stab at some form of fan ownership. At the moment St.Mirren FC is depreciating in value. Anyway, cleverclogs, Brain of Britain or whatever your real name is, give us your masterplan as I'm assuming you've thought it all through.

What is "Directors Current Accounts"? That's a rather unusual looking creditor with rather rounded values of £100k for 2014 and £245k for 2015.

SPS made a very good pint earlier in this thread and I note you did not reply so I will repeat his question

What does it have to do with you, you are a Motherwell fan (or so you claim)?

What makes me laugh is the calls by many posters, some of them even forum owners for a new "Sugar Daddy" type owner to throw money into the club...

Well that isnt going to happen anytime soon, unless of course you will be happy seeing the said investor stripping oit anything they can sell, pawn or lease back before going into along tortous administration/liquidation process. FFS do you even think things through?

Care to post up just a few of these "many" posters as I haven't seen them ?

Ok..

"Either way the point is valid. We need any new owner(s) to have the ability to put in their own cash."

LOLZ

Swing and a miss there champ.

The club has no ability whatsoever to borrow money so any new owner of our club would need to put their own money in from time to time to smooth cashflow bumps. Exactly as the current board have been doing pretty much every year since they got rid of the bank debt.

If the fans take ownership of the club, they too will need a rainy day fund to cover the same. Where will that money come from? The fans. The "owners".

Going part time would accelerate our slide down the leagues ya numpty.

Why would we Kendo?

In my wee World, every other Club would be Part Time, so we would be more or less in the same shitey position.

I explain this scenario everytime, so why can't you understand this?

I am not advocating that we will be the only Part Time Club alongside 41 FULL TIME CLUBS.

FFS, SOBER UP AND READ IT PROPERLY.

Just as the club brought in a partner, of sorts, to help get the airport parking up and running they should be looking at a fixed-term deal with an external party to capitalise on the conference and meetings opportunities that the location allows.

I wouldn't complain if it was UWS, a hotel chain or one of the conference and events companies that make a living this way. If we can't afford to make the investment ourselves we could try and find an investor who will help, giving the club time to build it all up and get ready to take the venture on themselves.

Maybe they are already looking into this, but I suspect they don't want the workload or responsibility at this time in their lives

I think people are looking at the accounts in separation from the performance of the football club I.e. Comments along the lines of the board doing well however the two are intrinsically linked. Interest free loans are all very commendable but without improvement on the park the financial situation will not improve and ultimately it's the same board folk are praising for prudence who are the root cause of the problems on the park. A classic dog chasing it's tail scenario.

Hmm, yup, although more like the tail wagging the dog, you could suggest Peter robbed for Paul as well, either way , it cannot last.

Next years Accounts are likley to be horrendous , followed by the strong whiff of part time football proposals, unless the league fortunes change, and pretty promptly. Edge of the abyss is on the radar, if things remain fairly stagnant

From what I gather we are effectively a part time club anyway if we are to believe that turning up at Ralston for a couple of hours a week for a couple of hours equates to full time. Doesn't sound like it to me.

You've mixed up this sentence a bit but I think I know what you meant to say.

If that's true (and I have no reason to doubt it) then it doesn't sound like it to me either.

2 or 3 hours a day is not full time. It's barely part time TBH and frankly it's unacceptable if true.

It's unprofessional as well and almost certainly is contributing to our form.

Rick

Infusion of cash equals debt.

No it doesn't necessarily mean this.

The cash could come from exploiting a multitude of commercial opportunities at the club.

That however would take energy and passion - both of which the current BOD have freely admitted they are right out of at the moment.

LOLZ

Swing and a miss there champ.

The club has no ability whatsoever to borrow money so any new owner of our club would need to put their own money in from time to time to smooth cashflow bumps. Exactly as the current board have been doing pretty much every year since they got rid of the bank debt.

If the fans take ownership of the club, they too will need a rainy day fund to cover the same. Where will that money come from? The fans. The "owners".

That rainy day fund would have to come from an across the board cut on expenses and a rapid expansion of commercial opportunities.

Relying on anything else just builds up debts and problems for the future.

The lack of a rainy day fund is at the root of many of our problems but we are saddled with a "spend every penny" mentality which has consistently left us struggling to recover in difficult times.

IMO we should be aiming to save at least £100k per year over the next 10 to 20 years.

That's the equivalent of perhaps two or three players?

We can't be overly worrying about performances until we get a strong and robust financial platform in place.

Football fans always seem to have a tendency to focus on the symptom (poor form) rather than the actual root problem (lack of a solid financial platform).

What the BOD have done is basically live by the seat of their pants. Until now, it's almost worked perfectly.

Now we're in the shit and have no financial leeway to get out of it easily.

It could cost us big time.

Edited by oaksoft

Part time football is the end. Go part time were finished

Go Part Time and we live forever.

As long as those in charge dinnae pay oot more than is coming in.

It is so simple.

Bus fares only if we can afford them.

And I agree with Oaky.

Percentage put aside in Rainy Day Fund.

Oaksoft keep murray and the fans will not bother renewing their tickets or attend games. He is making is a laughing stock in the championship!!! Saints should be a premier team and with him in charge you'll lose fans and money

Like I said, football fans are obsessed about symptoms rather than root causes.

Beautifully illustrated norrie. Thanks.

Paying 66% of Turnover to shite players will finish us especially if they are getting similar money from us in League One next Season.

Not one player this Season has earned their wages apart from Goodwin.

That rainy day fund would have to come from an across the board cut on expenses and a rapid expansion of commercial opportunities.

Relying on anything else just builds up debts and problems for the future.

The lack of a rainy day fund is at the root of many of our problems but we are saddled with a "spend every penny" mentality which has consistently left us struggling to recover in difficult times.

IMO we should be aiming to save at least £100k per year over the next 10 to 20 years.

That's the equivalent of perhaps two or three players?

We can't be overly worrying about performances until we get a strong and robust financial platform in place.

Football fans always seem to have a tendency to focus on the symptom (poor form) rather than the actual root problem (lack of a solid financial platform).

What the BOD have done is basically live by the seat of their pants. Until now, it's almost worked perfectly.

Now we're in the shit and have no financial leeway to get out of it easily.

It could cost us big time.

I agree to a point but we did have a rainy day fund of close on £1m left when we moved stadium and the board took the long term view of investing that in Ralston rather than splurging it on players (although our wage budget the first couple of seasons after moving suggests we did spend more than we should have done on wages).

It's hard to argue with that longer term aim when you look at the likes of Hamilton who are thriving both on and off the pitch on the back of their hugely successful academy and the big fees that has generated.

Some of that comes down to luck of course, McCarthy and McArthur both came along at the same time and are both superb players but the conveyor belt continues to produce there and that isn't down to luck, it's down to a sound structure and good commercial nous to tie down the better players quickly on good contracts.

We let McLean and McGinn go for next to nothing, but aside from them the academy has not produced the real "stars" that I guess the board would have hoped for.

Punting just one player for £1 million would have created the fund on which the club could have relied on in dark times like these.

7 years on from moving, we're really not seeing Ralston producing like I think it should.

Go Part Time and we live forever.

As long as those in charge dinnae pay oot more than is coming in.

It is so simple.

Bus fares only if we can afford them.

And I agree with Oaky.

Percentage put aside in Rainy Day Fund.

It certainly is simple as you say but the problem is that we have too many fans like norrie who are only interested in the symptoms of our problem and have absolutely no tolerance or respect for the boring necessity to fix the core issue.

That would take a BOD with a lot of balls because these fans need to be told in no uncertain terms exactly what the situation is.

The fans behaviour over this is inexplicable.

It's like worrying about blinging up your car to keep up with the neighbours whilst completely ignoring the huge credit card debt needed to finance it.

Why would we Kendo?

In my wee World, every other Club would be Part Time, so we would be more or less in the same shitey position.

I explain this scenario everytime, so why can't you understand this?

I am not advocating that we will be the only Part Time Club alongside 41 FULL TIME CLUBS.

FFS, SOBER UP AND READ IT PROPERLY.

So how do you intend to get every club to go part time, may I ask?