Latest Accounts To May 2015

div

A new stadium built, you would have thought that the clubs disabled supporters would have been taken into consideration, with regards to cover. Instead there was nothing done. Eventually over time SMDSA came into being and have had to battle all the way and indeed have made some progress. At the last meeting Brian Caldwell was supposed to turn up and give us a firm date on when cover for the disabled will be carried out, unfortunately he had other commitments which took priority. It makes the whole issue of cover all the more disturbing if indeed monies were handed back to Tesco.

To date SMDSA have achieved much good work, but the most important issue i.e. cover for the disabled has still not taken place and until it is I for one will not believe it.

Yes funny that they managed to fit out a Directors lounge, Build a Members Only Bar, and have an exclusive £1000 a year club for their mates..... And sod all for the disabled fans who support the club through wind, rain, sleet and snow....

Maybe if all the disabled fans enrolled into UWS there would be a purpose built, fully covered viewing are built in double quick time???

A new stadium built, you would have thought that the clubs disabled supporters would have been taken into consideration, with regards to cover. Instead there was nothing done. Eventually over time SMDSA came into being and have had to battle all the way and indeed have made some progress. At the last meeting Brian Caldwell was supposed to turn up and give us a firm date on when cover for the disabled will be carried out, unfortunately he had other commitments which took priority. It makes the whole issue of cover all the more disturbing if indeed monies were handed back to Tesco.

To date SMDSA have achieved much good work, but the most important issue i.e. cover for the disabled has still not taken place and until it is I for one will not believe it.

Bits in bold. This seems to be a recurring theme

Yes funny that they managed to fit out a Directors lounge, Build a Members Only Bar, and have an exclusive £1000 a year club for their mates..... And sod all for the disabled fans who support the club through wind, rain, sleet and snow....

Maybe if all the disabled fans enrolled into UWS there would be a purpose built, fully covered viewing are built in double quick time???

Easy solution: get off your fat arse, organise a consortium buy them out and give us peace from your whiny bollox.

Lord Pityme, on 12 Dec 2015 - 10:15, said:snapback.png

Even better idea, given your enthusiasm why don't you get some sympathetic company interested who would provide a suitable enclosure for the disabled with the proviso they are allowed to advertise the fact both in the stadium and also in the programme.

iirc the deal was for something like £15m but it worked like this.

£2.5m immediately to pay off the debt.

£6-8m towards building the stadium

the balance in a 'savings' account earning interest. The funds in this account were returned to Tesco at the end of the deal but the interest was St Mirren's to keep - this was spent fitting out Ralston and 'personalising' St Mirren Park. The reason it was set up like that was that Tesco agreed to 'underwrite' the costs of the stadium and the BoD wanted reassurances the stadium would not get half built and we run out of funds. (that's all according to memory, so I am happy to be corrected)

If the 2.5 million to pay off the debt came from Tesco, just what did the current BoD pay for with this cash they want back (aside from shares). I only ask as it always seems to be assumed or implied that they cleared the debt personally.

If people are so caught up with what Tesco paid, just get a copy of the deed the club granted to Tesco for Love Street, that will show what was paid. There's maybe likely to be a minute of agreement also setting out what each party would do - this may not be a public doc.

If the 2.5 million to pay off the debt came from Tesco, just what did the current BoD pay for with this cash they want back (aside from shares). I only ask as it always seems to be assumed or implied that they cleared the debt personally.

The cash they want is for shares they bought before Tesco were on the scene, some of the BOD were debtors who were paid back loans via the Tesco deal. They bought shares as part of the share issue which was started to raise funds to bring the ground up to SPL standards, they also had shares from before then, some bought some inherited. It is only shares they want money for, they have no outstanding debt payments due to them - they said so at the AGM.

Just look back at LPMs posts yesterday, you even liked one.

Oh right, it's LPM doing the name calling, i thought you meant me, yes he called people trolls and i liked one of his posts, if that offended you then i appologise, but it's not really name calling as in directly slandering someone is it, he is calling people trolls because they pick up on almost all his posts when they could easily ignore them if they wished, it's obviously his own take on what a troll is and i happened to agree with him that time.