St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

I have to drag myself along these days. It's a nightmare. I'm sure I'm not alone.......

Can we not request that this match is moved to Firhill on a Friday ?? Are we too late ?? We are after all utterly inept at the Greenhell 2021 metal clad doom dome.

At least up the West end there is the incentive , or excuse, of a wee night out in byres road and have the option of attending the game or get carried away on a decent bar run and pakora stop up the west end.

no, part of the initiative to have it mixed fans is the family stand to be mixed, so thistle supporting parent & child sitting with buddies parent & child...

You haven't added those players yet bye1.gif . Alan Munro is another , he was Fergie's first signing for the Saints. Fergie had seen Munro and McDowell about a year previously with Thistle reserves and reunited them at LS !

ETA Tommy Callaghan

Edited by billyg

Thistle have sold out the north stand and our allocation in the south stand and have been given 500 for the west stand.

Not strictly true. Thistle have sold out MOST of the North Stand. The front few rows haven't been released as they afford the worst view and are the worst affected by the rain. The allocation in the West that they are now selling is just over 800 tickets.

The North holds 1500 and the West two sections hold 800 so that would be around 2300 tickets (will be odd numbers, might be closer to 2400).

The South Stand is mixed but is only supposed to be for families. Fans are not supposed to be in there unless they have kids with them, and it is a designated no swearing section at all times. I've seen Thistle fans saying they have been sold tickets for that section and they aren't taking kids, and that surprises me !

The main stand "mixed zone" has been selling well and they are looking to expand.

Having said all of that, it looks like Thistle are much more up for it than we are as going by the ticketing website there are f**king loads of empty seats going in W1, W2 and W3 which are all only 25% utilised.

Here is the up to date map from the ticketing website (shows Thistle sections all sold out as we aren't selling those seats).

post-2-0-35438600-1452035568_thumb.jpg

We will never know.

I still think it's pants the game isn't on TV. Sevco v Cowdenbeath is hardly great viewing although I suppose it's all about viewers.

Not on tv, st Mirren making a real effort to appeal to a wide market.

I assume gates are down, they're trying something new and should be applauded.

St Mirren fans should be falling over themselves to support their team. A new manager being tested out against opposition his club we're going toe to toe with, last season.

A Friday night, to wipe away the first week back at work? Jump on it.

I can't believe the malaise from sections of the Buddies on here.

Not on tv, st Mirren making a real effort to appeal to a wide market.

I assume gates are down, they're trying something new and should be applauded.

St Mirren fans should be falling over themselves to support their team. A new manager being tested out against opposition his club we're going toe to toe with, last season.

A Friday night, to wipe away the first week back at work? Jump on it.

I can't believe the malaise from sections of the Buddies on here.

I'm all over it personally. In Glasgow for 4pm. Few beers and back home to Falkirk by 12. Then give the Mrs a hand at Asda on Saturday to get brownie points for a session at Easter Rd in a fortnight.