St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

I've always thought the section nearest the family stand is blocked off for youth players. Seems to be down as the same for the Raith game as well. Just presumed the mixed section was at the other end of the Main stand. Could be wrong though.

Not normally blocked off. My ST is in there, you're lucky if 12 youth players sit there most weeks.

Wouldn't let me buy my seat online for this game, other cup games it has. wasn't that bothered, just got another of the many empty seats in the main stand.

The online site will only NOT LET YOU BUY your season ticket seat if it's already been taken . We tried on wed to buy our Season ticket seats but couldn't get in on an iPad. I went on laptop later that night and got in no problem and just had to take some seats 1 row behind our normal seats at cost of £15 . Will pick up the tickets on the night .

Had a quick look online about buying my season ticket seat but doesn't seem to be an option.

Not been reading this thread much but assume you can't do this for this game now only option will be to pay £20 tomorrow at ticket office?

I think that season ticket seats were only held until last Thursday after that it was a free for all.

Was down at the 2021 earlier.There was a queue at the Ticket Office.

And that queue I take it was outside and exposed to whatever the Scottish winter had to throw at them.

My dad (80 last month) actually quite likes the new stadium - but hates the way they've set up the ticket 'office'.

With all the empty space in that huge shed how hard would it have been to set things up so that people could have some shelter whilst waiting for tickets.

I try to do everything online and get Games put on our smartcards when I can, but this week screwed up and he had to go down to get tickets.

He was actually the only person in the queue, but still had to wait 15 minutes in the rain and cold because the person in the office was on a call.

I, and I'm sure others, have mentioned this to the club in the past, but situation remains.

Okay, we are skint, but how hard can this be.

Just noticed the FA Cup Tie between Exeter and Liverpool is Live on free BBC1 tonight.

Probably keep some from spending an outrageous TWENTY POUNDS to come to freezing cauld Greenhill Road.

They are listening.

FLASH SALE TILL NOON TODAY

Tickets will remain at discounted prices until 12 noon

Then up to full matchday price after that.

Why not just keep them at discount till kick off?

Edited by shull

PTFC.CO.UK

Friday 8th January 2016 at 09:45

Due to high demand for tickets ahead of tonight’s match there will be a flash sale between 10am and 12pm today. During this time, ticket prices will return to the level they were sold at yesterday, saving £5 on the full adult ticket walk up price.

This offer will run for only two hours and is your last chance to get tickets for tonight’s game at the below prices:

Adults: £15

Concessions: £7.50

A concession qualifies as a senior citizen over 65, Student and disabled person with carer.

13-17: £7.50

12 and under: £4

Tickets can be bought online, over the phone (0141 579 1971) or in person from the offices at Firhill. All tickets which are not collected from Firhill before 4pm today will be available to pick up from the Paisley 2021 Stadium ticket office any time after 5pm.

If the idea behind moving the game to a Friday and having a mixed area is to try something different and boost attendance, why on earth have 'price deadlines' bollocks at all. If they are genuinely trying to get bums on seats, just come out and say the tickets will be, let's say, £12 all day, every day, right up until kick off.

Edited by pozbaird

If the idea behind moving the game to a Friday and having a mixed area is to try something different and boost attendance, why on earth have 'price deadlines' bollocks at all. If they are genuinely trying to get bums on seats, just come out and say the tickets will be, let's say, £12 all day, every day, right up until kick off.

To create an impetus to buy?

For a one off event it works. Do it regularly and it fails.

To create an impetus to buy?

For a one off event it works. Do it regularly and it fails.

I'm guessing here, but while it may tempt some folk to buy while the price is lower, moving the game to a Friday could also see a lot of folk hold off - waiting to see how work goes, how they feel after work, what time they get finished, how the weather is, can they be arsed rushing home, grabbing dinner and heading off... then if the price is higher?

This does seem to be a 'one off event' situation, a cup tie between relatively local rivals from different divisions. Clearly the clubs have agreed to a Friday move and a mixed section. I therefore don't see why they didn't dispense with different pricing and go for a tempting low-ish price all the way.

Edited by pozbaird

It's not 20 if you go now.

Of course as with anything, if you don't feel you're getting value for money... Don't pay it.

I won't be going and won't pay it. If the price was reasonable, I'd have maybe persuaded 3 or 4 work colleagues along from work. Instead we'll probably stay in the pub and disobey the new government guidelines on alcohol consumption.

They are listening.

FLASH SALE TILL NOON TODAY

Tickets will remain at discounted prices until 12 noon

Then up to full matchday price after that.

Why not just keep them at discount till kick off?

Totally agree. Seems pointless to effectively penalise people for deciding at the last minute to invest in our club... In all probability casual supporters who we should be incentivising to return.