St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

There will be a mixed area at the Stadium where fans of both Clubs can mingle and watch Match together.

That's nice.

Could somebody C&P information from Official Site please?

As requested

Partick Thistle are set to first-foot St Mirren for the William Hill Scottish Cup clash between the two sides which, it has been agreed, will take place on Friday January 8th with a 7:30pm kick off.

Thistle will be the Buddies’ first home opponents in 2016 as both clubs look to kick start the New Year by progressing to the next round of the cup.

There will be lots of New Year fun with both clubs already working together to make it an evening full of entertainment, both on and off the pitch.

Already confirmed are:

* Dedicated sections of the stadium where both sets of fans can mix and enjoy the game together, something not seen in most Scottish football grounds for decades.

* A mixed family section for young supporters.

* Half time entertainment featuring youth teams from both sides

* A Kingsley Vs Paisley Panda face off to see which team truly has the best mascot.

Ticket information for the match will be released next week so, keep your eyes peeled, and don’t miss out on this fantastic night at the football.

I think the mixing of fans is a good idea,I know a few Partick fans and think it would be a good laugh. If it's on the telly it would be good if the broadcaster had a tv crew in amongst the mixed section. The banter would be braw

So! Nine days after the fixture is announced, clearly stating that it would be played 9th/10th of January, the clubs decide to play it on the 8th!!

How many people have arranged transport to get to the game from a distance? How many, like myself, have had to try to change shifts so they get the weekend off, and now find themselves working the Friday night and having a fully free weekend!

Why can't they make any changes at the time the fixtures come out. This does not even appear to be for the sake of TV?

I'm not knocking the attempt to add some fun to games or even the Friday night date, just the timescale of the announcement from the initial dates being published.

Edited by SBS

Partick Thistle are set to first-foot St Mirren for the William Hill Scottish Cup clash between the two sides which, it has been agreed, will take place on Friday January 8th with a 7:30pm kick off.

Thistle will be the Buddies first home opponents in 2016 as both clubs look to kick start the New Year by progressing to the next round of the cup.

There will be lots of New Year fun with both clubs already working together to make it an evening full of entertainment, both on and off the pitch.

Already confirmed are:

* Dedicated sections of the stadium where both sets of fans can mix and enjoy the game together, something not seen in most Scottish football grounds for decades.

* A mixed family section for young supporters.

* Half time entertainment featuring youth teams from both sides

* A Kingsley Vs Paisley Panda face off to see which team truly has the best mascot.

Ticket information for the match will be released next week so, keep your eyes peeled, and dont miss out on this fantastic night at the football.

Could the above not have been put in place on the Sat?

There is not another Cup tie being played within 20 miles of us on the Sat and both the ugly sisters(formerly known as the OF) are playing on the Sun.If they are looking for neutrals to boost the crowd then I'd have thought Sat would be a better day for it.

I can see me not bothering with a season ticket next season.

So! Nine days after the fixture is announced, clearly stating that it would be played 9th/10th of January, the clubs decide to play it on the 8th!!

How many people have arranged transport to get to the game from a distance? How many, like myself, have had to try to change shifts so they get the weekend off, and now find themselves working the Friday night and having a fully free weekend!

Why can't they make any changes at the time the fixtures come out. This does not even appear to be for the sake of TV?

I'm not knocking the attempt to add some fun to games or even the Friday night date, just the timescale of the announcement from the initial dates being published.

Annoying isn't it? Seems to me that we, the fans, have more platforms than ever to voice our opinion but remain as powerless as ever.

I must be in the minority, I love Friday night games thumbup2.gif

I have no issue with the Friday night. I also like night games, my issue is the change in date more than a week after the announcement.

People like to make plans early to get good deals on flights etc. I had to change a shift to get the weekend off, and then they change it to the Friday for no apparent reason?

Announce the Friday at the time....no problem.

Annoying isn't it? Seems to me that we, the fans, have more platforms than ever to voice our opinion but remain as powerless as ever.

They've got your ST money Scott, any ST holders paying in for this one is just gravy to them.

Maybe the Fans Council were fully consulted, and can inform us why its on a fecking Friday? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,........

How many people have arranged transport to get to the game from a distance?

Yeh, I arranged transport for the 9th and the 10th of January just to be safe.

I didn't want to take the chance waiting on the official announcement of kick off time so I booked transport for both.......

I have no issue with the Friday night. I also like night games, my issue is the change in date more than a week after the announcement.

People like to make plans early to get good deals on flights etc. I had to change a shift to get the weekend off, and then they change it to the Friday for no apparent reason?

Announce the Friday at the time....no problem.

Fair comment bud. Club had to wait until the TV games were chosen before they could commit to the date change. The TV matches were only chosen early part of this week.

Yeh, I arranged transport for the 9th and the 10th of January just to be safe.

I didn't want to take the chance waiting on the official announcement of kick off time so I booked transport for both.......

Yeah, I arranged to work the Friday and Sunday night so I was not working fri/Sat or Sat/Sun and would be ok to go.

Fair comment bud. Club had to wait until the TV games were chosen before they could commit to the date change. The TV matches were only chosen early part of this week.

Why weren't we told in the early part of the week?

We could have been informed immediately.

All my mates have put in for a half day off work to head through to Paisley. To say this has caught the imagination would be an understatement. Certainly from a Thistle perspective. Seems to be one or two unhappy on here.

To counter that, a few Thistle fans I was going to go out with pre and post match in Paisley are no longer able to make it.

I like Friday night football but have a great deal of empathy for those that had made arrangements who are now pissed off. Surely if there was any doubt about a change of date/time it should be announced when the match is announced ie 'game to be played round about that date but we will confirm exact details asap'. Same with games being called off due to bad weather - give fans as much notice as possible and if any doubt make a clear decision and stick to it. Its not rocket science.

And to add, if there are any members of the St Mirren Board reading.....

Still not received St Mirren Annual Accounts, either by Email or Post.

Or notice of AGM

Poor show.

I am sure there will be a few Shareholders who dinnae do Email.

Finally, get rid of that f**king hopeless Manager.

Unless for Live Telly, there is absolutely no good reason to play a Football match in the evening of any day,in the middle of f**king Winter.

Especially when Saturday afternoon is available and when ALL Fans expect it to be played.

A f**king joke.