St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

Fan Friendly cup tie, good experiment, mix fans in the same areas - all good innovative stuff, no it feckin isn't, PT fans singing "paisley is a shithole" "Alex rae your a wanker" your just a shite Greenock Morton" somebody has their head in the fluffy clouds if they thought these were good ideas, Partick fans are just as scummy as the other SPFL Glasgow outfits fans

To be fair Peter.....I don't think any of the songs came from the mixed areas.

The Hospitality crowd tried their best to get the singing going,almost worked a couple of times.I thought that a big away support might get the West Bank fired up but it wasn't to be.

The Hospitality crowd tried their best to get the singing going,almost worked a couple of times.I thought that a big away support might get the West Bank fired up but it wasn't to be.

Yes i know the mixed fan areas were not responsible for the songs, the folk at hospitality did their best, even me and my mates had a go at it, but there is a general malaise around the place.

At least we tried a bit of integration and made an effort to move out of the Jurassic period.

The majority of Thistle fans I've encountered have been very reasonable.

Only a halfwit could equate them to Old scum fans.

It got us a bit of publicity but the press/media made out it was segregation free.....which wasn't the case.

At least we tried a bit of integration and made an effort to move out of the Jurassic period.

The majority of Thistle fans I've encountered have been very reasonable.

Only a halfwit could equate them to Old scum fans.

Hardly moving out of the Jurassic period was it not just in the eighties that segregation started ? and it was a wise decision in my opinion as it cut out a lot of trouble and ensured safety for innocent fans at the game. Most people in the whole country are reasonable folk, others resort to calling people halfwits for airing their views - simply because they do not have the same opinion.

Edited by buddiecat

Yes i know the mixed fan areas were not responsible for the songs, the folk at hospitality did their best, even me and my mates had a go at it, but there is a general malaise around the place.

You knew the songs didn't come from mixed areas, but your post inferred that they did.

You then suggest we are just as scummy as the old firm? For singing, you're just a shite Greenock Morton?

You do know the old firm sing songs celebrating murdering people because of their religious beliefs and such like. Not much of a comparison, there!

Edited by dave.j

west bank has never ever fired up..stand is generally a third full...

^^^ This. Anybody offended by 'you're just a shite Greenock Morton' has no sense of humour and was possibly making their debut at a football match.

If people are offended by this just think how some of the players feel with the torrent of abuse they get.

Indeed.

Probably the same amount that would have attended today.

I don't think so

There wasn't 2700 home fans there

There was Thistle fans in the Main Stand and the Family Stand a good number of them

I was surprised at the amount of empty seats in our section of the West Stand

Lets not kid ourselves about the amount of home fans who were there

I don't think so

There wasn't 2700 home fans there

There was Thistle fans in the Main Stand and the Family Stand a good number of them

I was surprised at the amount of empty seats in our section of the West Stand

Lets not kid ourselves about the amount of home fans who were there

The stadium announcer said 1700 Partick fans.

The whole saints support has chucked it. Numbers are low and Those who do attend now expect to lose. We are a poor poor team and we are declining all the time. We are in the wilderness and we won't return unless leadership of the club is changed

There were 2700 home fans for the fourth round of the cup on Friday. Actually a very good turn out and up on recent years:

In 2012 we played Brechin at home in that stage of the cup. Total attendance (home and away fans) was 2363.

In 2013 the midweek replay against QOTS attracted a total attendance of 2775 (a good few hundred Queens fans in that).

In 2014 against ICT the total attendance was 1957.

Numbers low? The truth is most fans go regardless of how where we are and how we are playing. You are in the minority by deciding only to go when the teams playing well.

Lots of Jags in the Main and South Stands not counted as Thistle fans.

If they bought their tickets from Thistle they'll be counted as away fans.....no matter where they sat.Any Thistle fans buying mixed zone tickets from SMFC would be counted as home Fans.

Carswell put in one tackle in the half hour he was on the park, missed it, tackled grass and f**ked his knee in the process. Sums him up.

Agnew had approximately 3,400 touches to set himself over 47 spells of possession, knocked it sideways 24 times, backwards 14 times and tried a floaty forward pass to a Thistle player on the rest of the times. He floated in the space where no-one else from either side goes (the Carswell position) for 60 minutes and failed to track his man (who strayed into this space 33 times) on zero occasions. But his wee pink boots were lovely.

NB: these figures may not be accurate but it f**king felt like it.

My mate was in Hospitality said Agnew got M.O.M lol

He did say he was standing there sheepish as he was awarded it

My mate was in Hospitality said Agnew got M.O.M lol

He did say he was standing there sheepish as he was awarded it

I'd say just about any player could have been awarded MOTM and you would not get to much argument about it. The team were set to play the way they did, the problem is clearly we need new faces with midfield and attacking abilities. I personally would say Watson was best on the night because of his goal and the odd time he showed desire to get the ball moving forwards.