St. Mirren 3 West Brom 4 - 1977 Tennent Caledonian Cup

I was a a 4 team tournament at Ibrox many years ago, did we not play them in that tournament?

Yes that's what I mean. I was there. Was a brilliant match.

I'd just like to see a match report so I could remind myself of the line ups that day, scorers and how the scoring went etc.

I was only 11 at the time, so memory is a bit sketchy but I just remember it was a fantastic game.

The 3rd/4th place play off game the following day against Southampton was murder tho'.

Anyone know if there is a match report online anywhere for this game? Can't seem to find one.

Remains one of the best games of football I ever saw in my puff. Certainly the best "friendly".

Have to whole heartily agree. The football on show was pure class from both sides. Great entertainment with both teams throwing caution to the wind. The former Rangers used to invite the newly promoted sides from the First Division in order to size them up before the season started. The only thing spoiling the day was the behaviour of the Rangers fans.

Jim C.

Just shows you. I would've staked my life on the fact that the Southampton game was 2-0. No recollection of Bobby Torrance's penalty at all.