Songs You're Embarrassed To Admit You Like?

RickMcD

Heard Mull Of Kintyre on the radio this morning and I can't help liking it. Wonder if FJ likes it? I've got a soft spot for Brown Girl In The Ring because it takes me back to Ibiza in 1978. And Another Brick In The Wall whem my kids from my first marriage along with their cousins from Liverpool belted it out all night in my parents house in Glenburn. A lot of Floyd purists seem to hate it. Don't know why. In Santa Ponsa 1981 we had The Birdy Song. Takes me back to another great holiday but I swear to God I hate that f**king number!

Anybody willing to own up?

This Town Aint Big Enough For The Both of Us by Sparks , it seemed to be very catchy at the time and then it was used in a car advert a couple of years ago . Concrete an Clay by Unit 4 Plus2 it must be one of the shortest pop songs to become a hit and it reminds me of primary school along with Get the Fire brigade by the Move which irritates me but I still listen to it and for some reason I remember kids at school singing it in the playground and in the canteen. .

If you gotta make a fool of somebody

Freddie and the Dreamers. Great mooth-organ.

My first poptastic single, ever.

My parents bought a dansette Bermuda record player and some Glenn Miller... And that sop for my listening pleasure.

I heard the music coming from my bedroom, where it had been secretly set up. I wandered through and they were dancing to it.

And I DON'T EVER get soppy and nostalgic...