Songs You're Embarrassed To Admit You Like?

RickMcD

This Town Aint Big Enough For The Both of Us by Sparks , it seemed to be very catchy at the time and then it was used in a car advert a couple of years ago . Concrete an Clay by Unit 4 Plus2 it must be one of the shortest pop songs to become a hit and it reminds me of primary school along with Get the Fire brigade by the Move which irritates me but I still listen to it and for some reason I remember kids at school singing it in the playground and in the canteen. .

Embarrassed by The Sparks? Really? And by that superb track too? If you'd said "Beat the Clock" then I might have nodded in agreement but not "This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us" that's a classic.

Chas and Dave...............Rabbit.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of Chas and Dave either. There was a brilliant TV documentary / Interview / live concert type thing on TV not that long ago to make the end of the band touring and hearing some of their songs was a real treat. "Sideboard Song" was probably my favourite, but "In Sickness And In Health", "Ain't No Pleasing You" and "London Girls" were all absolutely superb and brought back great memories. Didn't like "Rabbit" as much but I think that's cause my wee sister got down to the Studio Record Shop at Paisley Road West before I did to buy it.

My music taste is pretty eclectic anyway so I don't really embarrass easily but my kids cringe with embarrassment when I put Chris de Burgh's Spanish Train or Patricia The Stripper on. Dunno why.

Not embarrassed to admit i like any music,

Likewise, though there are a few numbers that I wouldn't be broadcasting from the rooftops about having a soft spot for.

"Push It" by Salt'n'Pepa is a bit of a toe tapper, but don't tell anyone....

Edited by Drew

We all have those cheesy songs we love - like proudtobeabuddy says it's something to be celebrated. What's interesting is when a group like the Bee Gees or Abba become hip. I always loved even Abba even before they became hip in 1992 when Erasure released Abba-esque and the Abba / Gold compilation album was released. Honest folks there was a time when singing Dancing Queen could get you sent to the lonely step!

offtopic.gif I just realized that I have ruined my son - for a recent talk about favourite music he chose 2112 by Rush - mea culpa! punk.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

offtopic.gif I just realized that I have ruined my son - for a recent talk about favourite music he chose 2112 by Rush - mea culpa! punk.gif

"ruined"? You do realise that has its own formal child abuse categorisation?

Expect a call from the cruelty wumman!

Edited by Drew

• 3 weeks later...

Take That - 'Rule the World'.

Spice Girls - 'Two Become One'.

S Club 7 - 'Don't Stop Movin'.

Absolutely love them. Not embarrased by that at all. They aren't cool and trendy names to bandy about though. 'Rule the World' just soars. The song just lifts off and goes to another place that music can do. The orchestral arrangement behind the Spice Girls song is a thing of beauty, and the S Club 7 song is about as perfect as up-tempo pop music gets.

IMHO and aw' that.

Edited by pozbaird

• 5 months later...