Bring Danny Lennon Back To Greenhill Road

shull

I think at the end of Danny's time at St.Mirren he did not know if he had a job what his budget might be if he kept his job and had very little support from the Board!

That is why his last season was a bit of disappointing!

I think with the budget he had he signed player's on faith that never worked out Harkins and Grainger in particular yes that was a concern for a Danny Lennon fan like me!

But again he kept us up and the football was a million miles better than the crap we have had to endure of the 3 managers that we have tried since Danny's departure!

Also Craig,Teale and Murray have made equally bad singings... Craig and Teale got us relegated! Murray had a good budget for the league he was in yet we find our self fighting newly promoted or Part time teams to stay in the league below where Danny managed us!

New direction Butcher or Stuart McCall! well how can a first division club that has had to payoff it's last 3 managers afford to appoint Butcher and more worryingly if he did not work out like he did in Newport and Hibs how could we afford to pay him off?

MCcall said he could not mange us before. has recently said he wants to go back to England and work so unless we offer McCall stupid money that we don't have there is zero chance of McCall so why waste our time?

No St.Mirren's next list of possible manager's are either senior pros at the club or Alex Miller or Managers who have No jobs just now McCoist,McDowal even Calderwood type manager's!

Danny will not be back at St.Mirren that would be the board admitting they were wrong!

But out of the possibilities above I would take Danny over all of them!

Regarding the new manager the biggest question is...

What will the combination of Miller, Longwell and Thompson be?

I'm guessing Miller as manager with Thommo as his assistant is most likely, with Thommo as manager and Miller as his assistant not far behind.

It won't be Danny Lennon. As much as I respect him his time was up and I can see no way we would appoint him just now. So may as well close this thread.

As TC has indicated it will either be a mixture of current staff or an experienced manager like Stuart McCall in my opinion. I think the latter as I do not believe Miller is in for the long haul.

Regarding the new manager the biggest question is...

What will the combination of Miller, Longwell and Thompson be?

I'm guessing Miller as manager with Thommo as his assistant is most likely, with Thommo as manager and Miller as his assistant not far behind.

Would Thommo want the extra hassle? Gets enough stick as a player now, would he want to potentially ruin his god like reputation with us if we ended up being relegated with him as the manager?

Suppose he wouldn't have done his badges if he didn't fancy getting into coaching/management at some point and it would be seen as a good opportunity by quite a few unemployed managers just now.

Would Thommo want the extra hassle? Gets enough stick as a player now, would he want to potentially ruin his god like reputation with us if we ended up being relegated with him as the manager?

Suppose he wouldn't have done his badges if he didn't fancy getting into coaching/management at some point and it would be seen as a good opportunity by quite a few unemployed managers just now.

Maybe not. If he doesn't I guess it will be Miller and Longwell.

I will be absolutely amazed if the club sacks Murray and then adds another wage to the club however. This BOD didn't do it when they sacked Hendrie mid season, Coughlin mid season, nor when they sacked Craig mid season. No reason to think they're suddenly going to change now.

I liked DL and think he probably should have stayed unless we were going to bring someone in particular in rather than just give it to his assistant. But Alloa have been rotten under Lennon, they have 1 win and 2 draws in the last 16 games in all competitions (and 1 of those draws was against us). Not sure why so many people want him back.

Edited by irvine_buddie

Not dimishing it at all as it was one of my best moments as a Saints fan but the cup win was steeped in luck. Lennon had still not addressed the glaring problem in an otherwise fine side, which was it's soft centre in the middle of the defence. I didn't meet a single fan who wasn't hugely frustrated at his inability to fix the problem season after season.

In the cup run we shipped two goals three times out of five ties. It just so happened in all of those games we scored three (two in Aberdeen).

It was a good squad, but we did carry our share of luck in the cup run because our defence was poor.

Sounds like you are.

Sure there was some luck there always is. But do you really think the manager had nothing to do with the win,

Lennon's time was up, that's for sure.

Similar to Gus before him although I'd argue he probably stayed one season too long.

I thought Murray was a reasonable appointment but obviously it's been a total disaster, there'll be someone out there who could turn this round but it sure as hell isn't someone who has managed us before.

With the obvious exception of Sir Alex.

Edited by Rabinho

Lennon's time was up, that's for sure.

Similar to Gus before him although I'd argue he probably stayed one season too long.

I thought Murray was a reasonable appointment but obviously it's been a total disaster, there'll be someone out there who could turn this round but it sure as hell isn't someone who has managed us before.

With the obvious exception of Sir Alex.

That last season of Danny was torture.

8th place in the top flight with no threat of relegation during the last 5 games.

1 season too long right enough.

That last season of Danny was torture.

8th place in the top flight with no threat of relegation during the last 5 games.

1 season too long right enough.

That was due as much to the absence of Oldco and Hearts being docked 15 points and forced to field an understrength team.

I don't think should bring Danny back. What's done is done. His accomplishments with us look better and better with every clusterf**k of a season we have since letting him walk away.

The board (and the fans who hounded them) made an arse of it. End of.

I'd love to know what happened prior to the two Board meetings which bookended the Hearts game at the end of that season. I have my own theory but it's all a bit Ancient Aliens..........

Edited by Bud the Baker

Maybe not. If he doesn't I guess it will be Miller and Longwell.

I will be absolutely amazed if the club sacks Murray and then adds another wage to the club however. This BOD didn't do it when they sacked Hendrie mid season, Coughlin mid season, nor when they sacked Craig mid season. No reason to think they're suddenly going to change now.

Who knows really, maybe if he was offered it he'd find it too hard to turn down. Ideally it would be best if he was in charge of someone like Clyde and got a few years experience under his belt. Will Teale get another manager gig?

Gut feeling is Miller wouldn't be the answer as manager but then again I thought Murray was the best man for the job in the summer.