Bring Danny Lennon Back To Greenhill Road

shull

Well you can not say Danny is not a genuine guy he knew things were not working and has walked away

Just hope IM can do the decent thing and do the same.

Just hope Alloa do not get the new manager boost as every team seems to be able to get one apart from us

Or we could be looking at automatic relegation twice in a row

Well you can not say Danny is not a genuine guy he knew things were not working and has walked away

Just hope IM can do the decent thing and do the same.

Just hope Alloa do not get the new manager boost as every team seems to be able to get one apart from us

Or we could be looking at automatic relegation twice in a row

If we finish below Alloa or Dumbarton then we deserve to go down and serious questions will be asked. I think we will finish 5th or 6th as full time football should be sufficient to ensure we collect more points than the aforementioned.

Yes we do and that is why pretty much everyone wants the current manager to be sacked.

The reason we are in this mess is a combination of incompetence from Danny Lennon, then Tommy Craig, then Gary Teale, and now Ian Murray, mixed in with several dollops of terrible player recruitment and adding in a dash or two of bad decision making by the board.

Lennon is part and parcel of the demise of our on-field fortunes and anyone who disagrees has a very bad memory.

I agree towards the end of Danny's tenure the standard of football had dropped and I believe he took us as far as he could. Will always be a legend but I when his contract ran out most of us thought it was time for new manager to see if we could kick on for a top 6 challenge.

Then the worst decision IMO from our board was the appointment of Tommy Craig. That decision always baffled me. If you want to kick on with someone with new ideas then why bring in the assistant of the manager you just punted or let go? Then another changer in bringing in Teale when we should have went for someone like Calderwood or someone with a track record from saving clubs from relegation. What do we do we appoint another rookie.

Murray for me and most fans seemed like a good decision. Track record in this division with a part time club was decent. Seems not have worked out but again it is not impossible to turn around more like improbable.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Would I wanted Danny Lennon to go knowing we would be where we are now? Not a chance. Do I want Danny Lennon or Gus McPherson back. No they had their time with us and as successful as it was we should never go back. Most fans would have agreed with both decisions at the time when it came to letting them go.

So we are all to blame for this demise including us fans. We had a chance to take this club into fans ownership and we failed. The board have contributed with a few poor manager appointments and some of the players need to have a long hard look at themselves because if they feel their performances in a St Mirren shirt has been good enough in the last two years then they are deluded.

Do I know the answers? That is way above my pay grade but what we need to do is stick together. I have faith we will turn it around unfortunately not with this manager but after staying up this season and with Rangers & Hibs probably going up we can start a fresh next season.

I agree towards the end of Danny's tenure the standard of football had dropped and I believe he took us as far as he could. Will always be a legend but I when his contract ran out most of us thought it was time for new manager to see if we could kick on for a top 6 challenge.

Then the worst decision IMO from our board was the appointment of Tommy Craig. That decision always baffled me. If you want to kick on with someone with new ideas then why bring in the assistant of the manager you just punted or let go? Then another changer in bringing in Teale when we should have went for someone like Calderwood or someone with a track record from saving clubs from relegation. What do we do we appoint another rookie.

Murray for me and most fans seemed like a good decision. Track record in this division with a part time club was decent. Seems not have worked out but again it is not impossible to turn around more like improbable.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Would I wanted Danny Lennon to go knowing we would be where we are now? Not a chance. Do I want Danny Lennon or Gus McPherson back. No they had their time with us and as successful as it was we should never go back. Most fans would have agreed with both decisions at the time when it came to letting them go.

So we are all to blame for this demise including us fans. We had a chance to take this club into fans ownership and we failed. The board have contributed with a few poor manager appointments and some of the players need to have a long hard look at themselves because if they feel their performances in a St Mirren shirt has been good enough in the last two years then they are deluded.

Do I know the answers? That is way above my pay grade but what we need to do is stick together. I have faith we will turn it around unfortunately not with this manager but after staying up this season and with Rangers & Hibs probably going up we can start a fresh next season.

Tell me,if you can,how the Fans failed in the "Fan Ownership" scenario.

No but if we managed to over subscribe the model could have changed.

So the Fans failed the Club by not subscribing to something they weren't asked to subscribe to?

I think I see your reasoning there DTB.

Edited by HSS

Too many rose tinted glasses when it comes to Lennon. The cup win papered over the cracks. We need an experienced manager who has no connection to the club.

This.

I was ambivalent about him leaving at the time, but was leaning towards him going.

I can't think of any reason to bring him back now. It'll never happen anyway.