League Cup ( Groups 2016/17 ) & Winter Break

The group of 5 teams will play each other only once which means each club will have 2 home ganes.

I

Know. I'm talking about for hone and away matches would surely benefit both teams as it's a cup game the revenue will

Be split. So

Sell a 5 ticket package and plot it also have same pricing for every match £10 and £5. There getting extra tv money And plus it will be virtually pre season so entice folk to the ganes and might see more folk go to league ganes

I

Know. I'm talking about for hone and away matches would surely benefit both teams as it's a cup game the revenue will

Be split. So

Sell a 5 ticket package and plot it also have same pricing for every match £10 and £5. There getting extra tv money And plus it will be virtually pre season so entice folk to the ganes and might see more folk go to league ganes

4 GANES SURELY!....unless we play ourselves also?

I was listening to a radio phone in last night and the new League Cup format was being discussed. Someone eventually raised the subject of admission costs and then it was the usual side-step " eh, yes, the pricing ought to be looked at, Scottish football is overpriced, etc etc ". Then promptly ignored.

How often is this brought up, then completely ignored, as if its like the weather which cannot be controlled. the answer is simple. Just refuse to pay outrageous prices until they get the message ! I am not singling out Saints in this respect, although they have an absolute nerve to charge the same as last year for a vastly inferior product. Every club is charging far too much as poor attendances indicate.

The idea that admission for LC games will be reduced is laughable. Season tickets MAY be valid, but only an idiot would buy one of those at present.

Sorry, but as i have droned on about endlessly, theres only one way to make them get the finger out. Vote with your feet.

I watched Barcelona play a cup tie in the Nou Camp last week against a 3rd tier team for 11 Euros (about 8 or 9 quid)

OK the front three were on the bench but most of the team were first team regulars. Alves Macherano Mathieu Bartha etc. all started

And those weren't the cheapest tickets which were priced at 9 Euros.

68,000 there - can you see the point SFA?

Talk about Scottish gates in relation to other countries is invalid.

Gates per head of population in Scotland are higher than they are in Germany and virtually every other country in Europe.

And its not just dominated by the Old Firm.

Taking out the Old Firm average gates, gates in Scotland are still amongst the highest in Europe.

Indeed, going back to before Sevco, Hibs, etc, being in the Championship, average gates in Scotland's second tier were higher than many top tier's in Europe.

The last 20 odd years have seen an historical high in gates in Scottish football since the post ww2 boom.

That may be an inconvenient truth for those who moan about prices, gates, etc in Scotland... But its a fact!

Talk about Scottish gates in relation to other countries is invalid.

Gates per head of population in Scotland are higher than they are in Germany and virtually every other country in Europe.

And its not just dominated by the Old Firm.

Taking out the Old Firm average gates, gates in Scotland are still amongst the highest in Europe.

Indeed, going back to before Sevco, Hibs, etc, being in the Championship, average gates in Scotland's second tier were higher than many top tier's in Europe.

The last 20 odd years have seen an historical high in gates in Scottish football since the post ww2 boom.

That may be an inconvenient truth for those who moan about prices, gates, etc in Scotland... But its a fact!

Do you still go?

I watched Barcelona play a cup tie in the Nou Camp last week against a 3rd tier team for 11 Euros (about 8 or 9 quid)

OK the front three were on the bench but most of the team were first team regulars. Alves Macherano Mathieu Bartha etc. all started

And those weren't the cheapest tickets which were priced at 9 Euros.

68,000 there - can you see the point SFA?

Barcelona is one of the biggest cities in Europe with an area population more than Scotland and are one of the best teams ever. Using their attendance as a comparison isn't much use.