Are You Watching Douglas Street?

Lord Pityme

I daresay if any of the current board had won £161m they might be prepared to gift their shares over to the supporters.

If you had invested your pension and life savings into the football club, would you walk away from it?

There is so much you can do with a £2.60 euro millions win, for me it's a can of juice, 2 packets of crisp and a Mars bar.

Nice gesture though, who knows maybe one day a St.Mirren fan will win big, buy the club and then give shares to a supporters group.

Another club and benefactor gift shares to the people who really keep the club going.... The Support!

No one is going to buy a huge debt in Scottish Football, you need to find another way for the sake of the club you love.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35031972

The idea of anyone simply handing over their pension so people like you can run our club into the ground is laughable.

People need to grow up here.

The idea of anyone simply handing over their pension so people like you can run our club into the ground is laughable.

People need to grow up here.

But he's going to put all the players on 5 year rolling contracts. It will be ace !

I daresay if any of the current board had won £161m they might be prepared to gift their shares over to the supporters.

If you had invested your pension and life savings into the football club, would you walk away from it?

If i was running it into the ground and killing it... Yes!

Who said the board have not already had their initial investment back?

This is where clubs like Hamilton, Falkirk and Dundee Utd make money on transfers, and we don't. The board will not negotiate long term contracts with promising youngsters. If they had the likes of McGinn and McLean on five year rolling deals till age 25, that are reviewed in the players favour each year, and improved taking into account appearances, goals, and performance review. With a club option to give one years notice on the fifth anniversary and each year therafter...

Perhaps we might have seen a much bigger fee for McLean, and. Proper one for McMoby-ginn

There you go Lord. There is the imaginary post where you definitely didn't advocate firing out 5 year rolling contracts. I clearly made it all up.

Thanks for posting that and clearing up your misquotes. Now everyone can read the bits you didnt highlight in bold!

The bit where you said players on these five year contracts were reviewed "in the players favour" every year.

Yeah, cutting edge business acumen there fella. You would be a hoot in charge of the club. We'd be bust inside a year.

The bit where you said players on these five year contracts were reviewed "in the players favour" every year.

Yeah, cutting edge business acumen there fella. You would be a hoot in charge of the club. We'd be bust inside a year.

Again ignoring whats in black and white and grasping at straws!

A promising youngster is only going to agree a long term deal if its reviewed each year, and reward/recognition is reviewed in line with performance,, appearances, goals etc... Bit like Teale (obviously not a younger) getting an extra years contract based on appearances. Its all compex contract and reward stuff, let me know if you need more help getting your head round it?

Again ignoring whats in black and white and grasping at straws!

A promising youngster is only going to agree a long term deal if its reviewed each year, and reward/recognition is reviewed in line with performance,, appearances, goals etc... Bit like Teale (obviously not a younger) getting an extra years contract based on appearances. Its all compex contract and reward stuff, let me know if you need more help getting your head round it?

You've negotiated a lot of players contracts in your time then ?

But he's going to put all the players on 5 year rolling contracts. It will be ace !

I've read his posts on running aspects of the club for some time.

The first concern is that he feels only he has the answers. Straight off the bat that is Dickson territory and a serious cause for concern.

The second concern is that it's likely that there are literally hordes of people like him scrambling for power and influence.

Clearly he's barking but there are many behind him amongst the fanbase.

If ANY of them gets to succeed at gaining power or influence we are genuinely f**ked IMO.

How do you keep out the nutters?

I don't envy Gilmour and the rest of the board I really don't.

It must be exhausting dealing with them.

I'm prepared to go further. I'll bet you the board have had plenty of opportunities to get the money they are quite right in asking for. It absolutely wouldn't surprise me if they've had at least 5 or 6 genuine opportunities to hand over only to find that the party involved was nuts.

Edited by oaksoft

You've negotiated a lot of players contracts in your time then ?

Contracts yes... Professional footballers... no.

The basic principles of reward & recognition are the same, the employee is rewarded commensurate with the value they added/helped add to the company.

Always here to help, can do you "Saints Rates" if you need a HR Business consultant for your companies.