Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

I know Billy said he wants to come back and the twitter mesaage saying A wee trip back to Scotland to my second home along with a picture of a plane ticket! But is there any merit or substance behind this rumour?

As for Sutton if we could get him on loan then great! Only concern would be his wage!

Would The Fakes pay some of it?

Why would they not just wait till January and punt him?

If there's a chance I would take both back but would not break the bank for either!

Seriuosly?

They are exactly what we need just now. Billy loves this club and always gave 100%. Sutton scores goals.

What is not to like?[/

We Need to look forward rather than back toward a 31 year old nomad striker.

Does anybody know what sort of form/ level of fitness he has? , too many on here just thinking about better days , fair enough I suppose but I think if we strengthen that position we should look for fresh blood.

What fresh blood, though?

We need players who drag us out of this situation. Guys with pedigree who give a shit will do for me.

Not entirely sure Mehmet is what we need right now, although I was going to accuse him of not scoring much....checked my facts and he hit 56 goals, not too bad for the time he was here.

Sutton could certainly score in this league, although he started for St Johnstone yesterday so why would they be shipping him out to us?

My other doubt is Rae has said he has budget for two players, unless Shankland is on the way out I doubt he would bring two strikers in.

Surely thomo would do the decent thing he's offering nothing at he moment even when he's supposed to be warming up he puts in zero effort get him out with Conlon

Comments about Mehmet being 31 and "nomadic" are irrelevant. The player he reminds me of is Jimmy Bone who was 29 when he came to Love Street and had been with 5 clubs in the preceding 10 years. Like Mehmet he was not an out and out striker and was one of the best players at holding the ball up for the rest of the attack.

Comments about Mehmet being 31 and "nomadic" are irrelevant. The player he reminds me of is Jimmy Bone who was 29 when he came to Love Street and had been with 5 clubs in the preceding 10 years. Like Mehmet he was not an out and out striker and was one of the best players at holding the ball up for the rest of the attack.

AR has said he feels there is a gap in age groups between our older pros in their 30s and the nucleus of our team who are young players of around 21. Although he said the older guys are still valuable he thinks that if he brings In two or so players they will be seasoned 20 somethings. He also said there was a budget for players and that maybe a couple would go out on loan to free up wages.

I doesn't sound to me like BM fits his idea of who to spend precious funds on , still you never know !

Edited by ped

Not entirely sure Mehmet is what we need right now, although I was going to accuse him of not scoring much....checked my facts and he hit 56 goals, not too bad for the time he was here.

Sutton could certainly score in this league, although he started for St Johnstone yesterday so why would they be shipping him out to us?

My other doubt is Rae has said he has budget for two players, unless Shankland is on the way out I doubt he would bring two strikers in.

Many of those against weak opposition. Here are the league facts with a far better team around him.

post-7588-0-11412700-1450642368_thumb.jp

Edited by stlucifer

Many of those against weak opposition. Here are the league facts with a far better team around him.

attachicon.gifBM stats 1.jpg

Heres the facts from this season Bud. Are you seriously telling us that BM wouldnt help improve this ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

Nobody has seen the guy play since 2010 and for the last 3 season he's played in Thailand, India and for 2 Malaysian teams. Now admittedly he scored a barrowload of goals in Malaysia but then he is 6'2" and the average height of Malay is 5'4". Give him a trial at Ralston if you must but what is the rush to sign an unknown quantity?

Nobody has seen the guy play since 2010 and for the last 3 season he's played in Thailand, India and for 2 Malaysian teams. Now admittedly he scored a barrowload of goals in Malaysia but then he is 6'2" and the average height of Malay is 5'4". Give him a trial at Ralston if you must but what is the rush to sign an unknown quantity?

I saw this & thought "Why is he talking about Alan Gow ?"