Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

Saying it cause he's rotten, hanging around trying to get a contract because nobody wants him. Alex Rae not keen on him so good news!

I agree.

Not sure why the online 'clamour' to bring back various previous players who all were poor last time round.

Mehmet,Sutton,Cheesy - really?

No thanks.

Naturally I would say players who have not already played for us as I believe they have left for a reason.

On paper our squad in the last few years has actually looked quite good.They have for whatever reason under performed.

Sutton,Mehmet,Dorman,McGinn,McClean,Cheesy etc gave us about 8/9 decent performances per season.

The argument that Mehmet 'holds the ball up', 'Wins us free kicks' etc is nonsense because he was paid 'allegedly' to put the ball in the net first and foremost, 8 or 9 goals a season is not a good return overall.

The answer to your question is fresh faces but of course I don't know who is available and what we can afford, but just not previous employees for me.

Naturally I would say players who have not already played for us as I believe they have left for a reason.

On paper our squad in the last few years has actually looked quite good.They have for whatever reason under performed.

Sutton,Mehmet,Dorman,McGinn,McClean,Cheesy etc gave us about 8/9 decent performances per season.

The argument that Mehmet 'holds the ball up', 'Wins us free kicks' etc is nonsense because he was paid 'allegedly' to put the ball in the net first and foremost, 8 or 9 goals a season is not a good return overall.

The answer to your question is fresh faces but of course I don't know who is available and what we can afford, but just not previous employees for me.

I would say that we should go for the best we can realistically expect. I would put Sutton and Mehmet in that category, bearing in mind where we are just now. We won't be an attractive option for many half-decent players. Mehmet has a strong affinity with the club, and was always 100% committed to the cause. That is an attribute we are crying out for, just now.

Sorry but St.Mirren are second bottom of the league failing to score goals!

Our strikers look poor poor No one in the team is playing with any heart...

So unless Alex Rae has a quality forward who is prepared to come to a squad that sits second from bottom who is prepared to play for a small wage then fair enough!

I think Billy Mehmet is better than any Forwards at the club just now!

I can see an argument for player's not returning...

But Carswell,Agnew, are new player's what impact have they had?

If Billy Memhmet can be got at a decent wage I say yes!

He's scored goals all over the globe his goals to games ratio is good. And he scores important goals.

One thing you could never fault Billy for is trying his best for Saints!

Name a player of better calibre who plays upfront who will come to St.Mirren for poor wages!

Would rather have Billy than Allan Gow thats for sure!

I will never forget that magic end of season day at Fir Park when Sutton and Mehmet scored in a 3 - 2 win to keep us up. And Memhets sublime strike at Fir park in the 2009 league cup semi v hearts will never be forgotten. But come on these guys are now past it, look how much Thommo has faded since the 2013 final. Gallagher never a striker but I believe if we can give Shankland the service he will score plenty

I find it hilarious there are folk claiming Sutton was poor for us and only turned up for a few games a season. The guy scored 30 goals in two seasons including the winner in the diddy cup final and the one that kept us up at Fir Park.

By all means have your doubts about his ability to do a job for us now, but anyone who thinks the guy was anything but a success for us is very, very wrong.

Edited by Stu

I will never forget that magic end of season day at Fir Park when Sutton and Mehmet scored in a 3 - 2 win to keep us up. And Memhets sublime strike at Fir park in the 2009 league cup semi v hearts will never be forgotten. But come on these guys are now past it, look how much Thommo has faded since the 2013 final. Gallagher never a striker but I believe if we can give Shankland the service he will score plenty

Sutton and Mehmet are past it? They are both only 31 ffs.

why is Sutton not getting a game at his current club and why does Mehmet not have a club then?

Sutton isn't good enough for the Premiership but he would score in the Championship. As for Mehmet no idea about his current form.

Baird wasn't good enough in the Premiership but is scoring loads for Falkirk at this level.

Who do you expect us to sign a top performing striker from the Premiership?

St.johnstone are a top 6 SPL side and occasionally qualify for Europe. What's your point exactly? Get real ffs.

my point is Mehmet is pish and without a club for some reason, Sutton is a mercenary who has never shown loyalty to any club, can do without both, as to who we should sign...that's not my job but if it was I would be coming up with a lot better than these two has-beens...that's why clubs employ scouts...we waste enough money on players, we should be employing a full-time scout to look far and wide for talent...