Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

On the subject of Scan remember a game at Ayr when he was getting some stick and a fan shouted 'Scanlan you're a clown' and he replied 'aye, but I'm getting paid for it' happy days!

Remember the exchange of words, really funny, but thought it was McCormack. Have known to be wrong.

Its a myth that Sutton's goals were the result of Simon Lappin.

In our first season back in the top flight, Sutton scored only once from a Lappin cross.

It was the screamer against Rangers though which everyone remembers.

Somehow, because of the quality of that goal, folk get the impression it happened every week.

John Sutton actually scored more goals when he got on the end of a Chris Smith punt than he did from a Lappin cross.

Stick that in yer pipe...

Edited by nosferatu

There was once a half time draw at Love Street with a bike for a prize.

When the ticket was pulled the tannoy guy announced the winner as Ian Scanlon. Hang on he quickly said we'll redraw that and he soon came up with a different name.

Didn't matter to the fans of course - every time Scanlon got involved in the second half, the shouts were "Haw Scanlon, on yer bike"

Who said it happened every week ? Lappin done ok for himself given he was gash . Agree Scanlon and Nicolson delivered a great cross

Iain Nicolson on the right and Ian Ross on the left firing in crosses for Basher and Yards to attack during the Millennium Champions season. Happy days :)

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing to say the least. He is the kind of player we need just now.

I watched Hearts last night. A team of athletes who are physically tall and strong who can play football. Compare them to our team of wee boys who could get blown over in a gust of wind and cannot last 90 mins. Mehmet would have been a good starting point in changing that.

Aye, that's disappointing, if true. Billy would have done us a turn, no doubt about that.

Drew, that is something we don't really know. We look at Billy through rose tinted glasses but time has moved on and we have no idea how good he is now? I am not saying he could or could not do a job but I would rather think of Billy from his time with us and his important goals than him coming back and not being the player he once was. We do need experience though and our priority is the midfield.

Drew, that is something we don't really know. We look at Billy through rose tinted glasses but time has moved on and we have no idea how good he is now? I am not saying he could or could not do a job but I would rather think of Billy from his time with us and his important goals than him coming back and not being the player he once was. We do need experience though and our priority is the midfield.

In the context of the market we are operating in, I would be confident that Billy could've made a positive impression. He has gained experience since playing with us, and unlike the Gows of this world, has played regularly, and seems to have been a popular enough player at his various clubs.

One of Billy's best attributes was his commitment and attitude. Our current squad lack heart, or at least it seems that way to me. Billy had spirit and heart by the bucket load. We are crying out for someone like him to inject a bit of passion back into the squad.

Edited by Drew