Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

Mehmet was class, but I wouldn't like to see him come back. There are too many clowns in our support who would turn on him if he didn't score a hat trick on day one.

class...lolololololol...Messi, Ronaldo are class..Mehmet is a below average footballer, if u think he is class you ain't watched much football...

Mehmet had a total return of about 54 goals in 150 or so games. Certainly not a strike rate that we'd turn our nose up at.

I already gave the stats. Mehmet played a total of 198 games. 164 league games with a total of 29 goals.

The rest were in cup competitions predominantly against, in relative terms, weaker opposition.

talk about rose tinted specs.

If he's returning then, aside from anything else, his popularity with a large chunk of the fans should give the place a wee boost.

Could do with another attacking option if Shankland, McMullan and Gallagher are all going to be starting games.

All going well Billy signing ahead of next week's home game, will give everyone connected with our club another huge lift.

This seems to be the rumour that's going round, apparently Billy Mehmet is signing on Monday. Its also supposed to mean that John Sutton would also sign a temporary contact, around 6 months before the end of January. Trouble as I can see it, is that it was Brian Caldwell who had made arrangements for Billy Mehmet to come in, John Sutton I an unsure about. Also to be taken into consideration does Alex Rae want either of the said players, and has Brian Caldwell already completed the paperwork for at least Billy Mehmet

Mehmet back to St Mirren , that just cannot be bad either on or off the park. He's passionate about us and a professional in his approach, something we need in spade loads. His influence could be huge for us if this happened.

I always liked Billy Mehmet, a great supporting mid player.....a classic utility workhorse.

He seemed to be the only guy more upset than me that horrible Hampden day.

Mehmet will bring loads to the club while its in its current state.

Thought both were good if not prolific players for saints , but that was years ago !

Personally I found them both a wee bit frustrating to watch , especially Sutton , yes I know they scored important and memorable goals for us and mehmet was always a hard worker but we' d have to be mad to bring either of them back on anything less than the shortest of contracts or even a pay per play deal.

Just saying !!

Thought both were good if not prolific players for saints , but that was years ago !

Personally I found them both a wee bit frustrating to watch , especially Sutton , yes I know they scored important and memorable goals for us and mehmet was always a hard worker but we' d have to be mad to bring either of them back on anything less than the shortest of contracts or even a pay per play deal.

Just saying !!

Seriously?

They are exactly what we need just now. Billy loves this club and always gave 100%. Sutton scores goals.

What is not to like?

Edited by Drew

Seriuosly?

They are exactly what we need just now. Billy loves this club and always gave 100%. Sutton scores goals.

What is not to like?[/

We Need to look forward rather than back toward a 31 year old nomad striker.

Does anybody know what sort of form/ level of fitness he has? , too many on here just thinking about better days , fair enough I suppose but I think if we strengthen that position we should look for fresh blood.