Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

Peter and Roughie are laying the blame on the board ,watched a couple of minutes of the show Roughie saying "Murray was an up an coming young manager destined for a top job" seem to think the problems run deep.

I don't think Murray was an up and coming manager at all. There was nothing in his track record to suggest he would be a success at St Mirren and I'd like to say I was surprised when St Mirren appointed him, even if I really wasn't. There is something seriously wrong at the heart of the club though and I've got to presume the club suit is Teflon coated. In their time at the club the board of directors have seen off no fewer than 8 managers. Not one of them has gone upwards in the game no matter whether they achieved success or were seen as abject failures.

Peter and Roughie are laying the blame on the board ,watched a couple of minutes of the show Roughie saying "Murray was an up an coming young manager destined for a top job" seem to think the problems run deep.

I think they are right. How can anyone feel motivated when the BOD is sucking the energy out of the place. The BoD should disband the Douglas Street gang and allow new blood to come in. Holding out for an unrealistic price while making poor decision after poor decision is killing this club. Ian Murray was not St Mirren's biggest problem.

Edited by magnus

And with a decent opportunity tonsalvage the season now 'Meltdown' has chickened out what will the board do?

Pick a seasoned manager who can stabilise the club?

Pick a young up and coming guy who will sweep throw like a fresh breeze?

Nah..... They'll go for the tried and tested..... "Whoever is the cheapest Option" its not let them down thus far!

I don't think Murray was an up and coming manager at all. There was nothing in his track record to suggest he would be a success at St Mirren and I'd like to say I was surprised when St Mirren appointed him, even if I really wasn't. There is something seriously wrong at the heart of the club though and I've got to presume the club suit is Teflon coated. In their time at the club the board of directors have seen off no fewer than 8 managers. Not one of them has gone upwards in the game no matter whether they achieved success or were seen as abject failures.

Not my words Stu ,I didn't think much of the appointment when he got the job ,my choice was the Ginja Ninja,

I have no sympathy. He was driving our club to oblivion & getting well rewarded for doing so. Dont buy the " hes doing the best for the club by resigning " Crap . He realised he is not up to the job & left before he had a dirty big SACKED on his CV.

Dont let the door skelp yer arse on the way out !!

Well he could have done a Tommy Craig

Done a shite job and still expect to get the full bhoona doing so

Alan Rough is a grade A idiot as it is.

He knows the square root of feck all about St. Mirren.... Or indeed any club.

All we need now is Derek Johnstone's bloody opinion!

Yep Roughie is an idiot. But he's also an idiot who is quite friendly with Ian Murray. A few weeks back Roughie said on his programme that Murray didn't realise just how big a task it was at St Mirren and he claimed Murray hadn't realised just how many kids he was going to have to work with. He also claimed that Murray was finding it difficult telling the kids the same thing week in week out and them going back out ignoring what he had said and making exactly the same mistakes all over again.

Now if that came from Murray it doesn't make Murray look good. Surely anyone interested in taking on the St Mirren job must at least have half an idea of what condition the playing staff is in and they must at least have an opinion on the various people around the club - whether its David Longwell, Alex Miller, Brian Caldwell or whomever. A clue for the board surely has to be that this time round they should ask perspective candidates what changes they would like to make throughout the entire set up at the club, and if they say "nothing" then the board shouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Massive changes are needed at St Mirren and not just in terms of the playing staff.

A bit harsh Callum. He gave it a go and it didn't work out. Good luck in the future to him. Move on and let's concentrate on getting behind whoever takes over. BTW the attitude of some of the players over the course of the season has been appalling. Some of them should take a long hard look at themselves too.

Fair enough , everyone has their opinion. I wish he had discovered his benevolent side six games earlier !!

Well he could have done a Tommy Craig

Done a shite job and still expect to get the full bhoona doing so

Thats true, but should we send him a wee thank you card for leaving us royally in the shit ?

He was crap , he knew he was so far out of his depth & he realised he HAD to go of his own accord & salvage something .

Yep Roughie is an idiot. But he's also an idiot who is quite friendly with Ian Murray. A few weeks back Roughie said on his programme that Murray didn't realise just how big a task it was at St Mirren and he claimed Murray hadn't realised just how many kids he was going to have to work with. He also claimed that Murray was finding it difficult telling the kids the same thing week in week out and them going back out ignoring what he had said and making exactly the same mistakes all over again.

Now if that came from Murray it doesn't make Murray look good. Surely anyone interested in taking on the St Mirren job must at least have half an idea of what condition the playing staff is in and they must at least have an opinion on the various people around the club - whether its David Longwell, Alex Miller, Brian Caldwell or whomever. A clue for the board surely has to be that this time round they should ask perspective candidates what changes they would like to make throughout the entire set up at the club, and if they say "nothing" then the board shouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Massive changes are needed at St Mirren and not just in terms of the playing staff.

What youngsters like Webster, Langfield, Thompson, Goodwin, Agnew, Kelly, Carswell, Naismith, Ridgers, Gow, Reid, etc. Poor manager making up poor excuses. Good riddance!

The club will be far better off without him. Showed absolutely nothing in the entire 6 months at the club that he was in anyway a decent manager. I don't think I enjoyed any of the games I witnessed this season. Each game was worse than the last. :-(

I genuinely feel for the guy. He was subjected to a volley of vicious bile this afternoon as he trudged off the pitch looking like a broken man, and it wasn't nice to witness.

The guy is young, has a family, and a living to make. He didn't set out to f**k this up, it just didn't work out.

Thanks for doing your best, Ian. It wasn't good enough, but I wish you no ill, and hope you can move on from this.

This.

The actions of some of our fans are pretty hard to bear sometimes.

Cosgrove on bbc Scotland suggesting were gonna continue to fall and will be relegated this season as well. Presently it's not an unrealistic call.

Murray is just the latest on a list of epic fails, who I wonder wil be next up.

Keeps us newsworthy for a wee bit at least.

Although the text that Off the Ball received praising Murray for resigning (obviously in contrast to Tommy Craig's attitude), and wishing him well, went right over Cosgrove's head.

He can be a right thick c*nt at times for a guy who wallows in being an intellectual.

This.

The actions of some of our fans are pretty hard to bear sometimes.

It wasn't helped by the fact that he had to walk the breadth of the pitch on account of their dug outs being across from the single stand. Edited by Drew

Or he could have just not taken a job that was patently beyond him?

No one made him sign, he said he could do the job, and what he did was drag us towards another relegation. Hopefully another club wont suffer the same demise at his hands, no supporters deserve that (apart form the deid club of course).

Oh well, why don't you have a wee party with yourself to celebrate.