Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

its not unreasonable to ask you to consider that this isnt just about you.

there are thiusands of other grown adults there who also paid to get in and dont want to hear your pathetic, desperate, needy, cowardly pish.

But its ok for you to post your pathetic, desperate, needy, cowardly pish on this forum?

You're lower than those guys.

Anyone who has a crack at football management at the level we operate at deserves a bit of respect. A high pressure job with no security; very, very few are able to sustain it long-term. You just have to look at the managers that have passed through our door in the past quarter of the century.

Of course, Murray knew what he was getting into, but it's horrible to see someone fail at their work when they're trying their best. Hope at least tonight he has a weight off his shoulders.

The fans wanted him out. Him leaving was the right thing for the club. The board......who knows what they're thinking, but the fans don't trust them to do the right thing.

Abusing him today was the only means they had of achieving their objective.

I wasn't there but from what I read on here, if the reaction had been polite clapping and "never mind old chap, better luck next week" then he'd still be there.

In other words it was nasty but job done.

And from his point of view, yes it was a sore one, but not physically. He's still got his health, all his facilities are intact, he'll get over it and probably quite quickly. There's a lot worse can happen to people than having some football fans shouting abuse at you for a few minutes.

Don't you see the difference here, though, Kenny? The guy was walking on his own the entire breadth of the pitch and people were hurling bile at him when it was abundantly clear that he was a wreck. There was no arrogant strut, or glares from the man. It was a pitiful sight, and I don't like seeing anyone in that position being pilloried, abused, and humiliated.

What was his crime, after all? Failing as a manager at St Mirren. I appreciate frustration and even a bit of anger, but today went way beyond that.

He wasn't a wreck due to the abuse though, he's played in OF derbies. He was a wreck because he knew he was found out, done, finished, wasted, washed up and on the last walk back as the St Mirren manager. Why would he strut or glare? He's incompetent, but I doubt he's stupid. Not nice maybe, but scum etc nah! If you call shouting "ya c**t" scum like behaviour, where do you then go with vandalism, attacking people, abusing animals and all manner of other offences? Do we really honestly think IM is at home tonight unable to function due to being called a c**t? Really, seriously, do we? Evn if he reads this page he'll just go check his bank account, phone a colleague and be on radio with the others by the end of January.

Anyone who has a crack at football management at the level we operate at deserves a bit of respect.

Why?

And particularly why if they spend the first month they should be doing the job off on a training course in Prague!! Guy was a clown from day one, no respect for the arrogant fud at all.

But please tell me why.

We cannot doubt that Ian Murray really did his best. He had an impossible remit with this team. Churchill / Napoleon / Attila would be hard pushed to mobilise that lot into action. The board have to shoulder the blame (or get out) - witness the sale of McLean last season - when we needed him - to an Aberdeen team who were then going nowhere !

But let the support stay together !!!

We cannot doubt that Ian Murray really did his best. He had an impossible remit with this team. Churchill / Napoleon / Attila would be hard pushed to mobilise that lot into action. The board have to shoulder the blame (or get out) - witness the sale of McLean last season - when we needed him - to an Aberdeen team who were then going nowhere !

But let the support stay together !!!

He recruited the team you f**king dimwit.

Even Gary Teale would have us top three right now.

The bile today consisted if fans singing a couple of songs.

Murray Murray GTF

And booing him. This is part of football if I don't like it go watch I've hockey or basketball.

What have we to do just accept it

That's f**king nonsense, but if you feel better believing it, go right ahead.

He wasn't a wreck due to the abuse though, he's played in OF derbies. He was a wreck because he knew he was found out, done, finished, wasted, washed up and on the last walk back as the St Mirren manager. Why would he strut or glare? He's incompetent, but I doubt he's stupid. Not nice maybe, but scum etc nah! If you call shouting "ya c**t" scum like behaviour, where do you then go with vandalism, attacking people, abusing animals and all manner of other offences? Do we really honestly think IM is at home tonight unable to function due to being called a c**t? Really, seriously, do we? Evn if he reads this page he'll just go check his bank account, phone a colleague and be on radio with the others by the end of January.

Viciously shouting "f**k off, you useless c**t" at someone walking with his head bowed isn't a reasonable way to behave, in my opinion.

It is, as I have said, my opinion. I'm not asking everyone to agree with me, Kenny.

. I was talking to a couple of guys who had chatted with SG before the match, and he had seemingly told them it was last chance saloon.

If this is true it is very unprofessional of our chairman and shows the mentality of the guy. Time for him to go too and take the rest of the BOD with him.

. I was talking to a couple of guys who had chatted with SG before the match, and he had seemingly told them it was last chance saloon.

If this is true it is very unprofessional of our chairman and shows the mentality of the guy. Time for him to go too and take the rest of the BOD with him.

Indeed.

He is part of the problem.

Just back home via the Paisley Film Festival. Heard on the radio at 5pm that Murray had resigned. Must say he gets respect and credit from me for that. Not many people would volunteer to leave their job.

He did the right thing as far as the Club is concerned (but not maybe as far as his family is concerned). Time to move on. Whoever takes over has his work cut out as this is a pretty shit squad of players getting regularly beaten by pert-timers. We have a relegation battle on our hands and it will take a lot of effort to turn things round based on the rubbish I witnessed today.

Were you watching our team (who were on the park ) or were you intent on targetting ( and abusing ? ) our manager Ian Murray.

Can't speak for you , but he certainly knows more about football than I do.

I feel bad for the guy. His appointment was greeted on here, almost universally, as the correct one.

It was very difficult to see this going this way.

Shit time of year to lose your job. I hope he gets another gig in football. Maybe at Morton?

Nahhh!! We're just fine thanx!!

Were you watching our team (who were on the park ) or were you intent on targetting ( and abusing ? ) our manager Ian Murray.

Can't speak for you , but he certainly knows more about football than I do.

I was watching for 90 minutes, the "abuse" being discussed came mostly at full time. He may know more, but that's assumed as he has a job in the industry. Mentioning it was a sign he had cracked, today was the sign he was past the point of no return.

Why?

And particularly why if they spend the first month they should be doing the job off on a training course in Prague!! Guy was a clown from day one, no respect for the arrogant fud at all.

But please tell me why.

Because he told you he knows more about football than you do - Eh ??

He certainly knows more about good behaviour .