Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

I await the next BOD calamity appointment: Miller and either Langfield or Thommo, that would be a disaster. Why not take a calculated risk in securing a decent experienced candidate with the "risk/reward" scenario of increasing their share value, rather than the cheap capital crash appointments of the last three managers!

Let's look at Stuart McCall or experience alongside someone like Mark Burchill, perhaps Jim Duffy? Miller doesn't have the energy to lead this team out of trouble.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/14142111.Ian_Murray_falls_on_St_Mirren_sword_in_hope__change__will_fix_form/?

Contained within the article the BOD,s have confirmed that both Alex Miller and Jamie Langfied will be in temporary charge. Your disaster seems to have happened.

Edited by stripey

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/14142111.Ian_Murray_falls_on_St_Mirren_sword_in_hope__change__will_fix_form/?

Contained within the article the BOD,s have confirmed that both Alex Miller and Jamie Langfied will be in temporary charge. Your disaster seems to have happened.

It was inevitable that Miller would be placed in interim charge but he said that he has no interest in managing the team on a full time basis. Alex Miller has had 0% effect on the team since replacing Mark Spalding....

We need complete change, not just promoting from within because it will get to the stage where Tommy the groundsman will be manager if we keep promoting from within.

I did not go yesterday for the first time in years.

I just couldn't bear watching the football we have played all season and thought we would lose.

So I went to the Craig Dhu with the wife and enjoyed a liquid lunch while there Dumbarton goal came through on Sky sports an older man shook his head!

I asked him are you a St.Mirren fan?

Yes all my life every week but just can't watch Murrays teams...

if I was at the match yesterday I think I would have chanted the same get to F-ck!

I thought Murray was the right choice or at least a good choice but having watched his Football his lack of passion and his arrogance in the press towards the fans it was always going to happen!

To clap the player's not a hope I would have told evryone of them to f-ck off as well!

The only thing I can say Ian Murray did for St.Mirren that made them better was Quiting!

The highlights were painful to watch. Murrays public humiliation was not pleasant to see. Obviously he isn't cut out to be the manager of st Mirren but to see his post match interview on sons tv you cant help but have some sympathy for him as a human being.

He is really hurting and fair play he resigned, saving everyone further misery.

I didn't like his tactics, I didn't like his apparent arrogance but I would never want to see anyone fall apart due to their work. We can all act the tough guy when we are not the one in the spotlight, hats off to him. How many managers these days actually resign? They are usually sacked or leave by mutual consent. He has made things much easier. Now, who would want to step into his shoes given our present situation? The next man will have to be made of stern stuff.

I know from first hand experience of my family the kids didnt want to go because they were bored !!

Nothing to do with the bad man swearing !!

If I'm honest Callum, Oaksoft has a point.

I'm a father and have been taking my two sons to matches since they were 2 years old. When they were much younger I went through a phase where I stopped taking them for a while due to what I perceived as a lack of consideration by other football fans.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and football was a much more dangerous place than it is today. They were pissed up fans on open terraces, often drinking from cans or bottles during the match, and sometimes after the game you'd have to play dodge the missile on the walk back to the train station, or back to your car. However along with that came a kind of unwritten code of conduct where adults would all try to ensure that any kids in the ground could see the action, and where if there were kids or ladies in close proximity you simply did not swear. In the last 20 or so years that's gone from the game. These days it doesn't matter that there are hundreds of empty seats in a stand there is a high likely hood that if you are there with young kids some 6'5" tall prick is going to choose to sit immediately infront of your and just as likely is the fact that this eejit is going to spend large parts of the match swearing at everything that moves, and with no hint of comedic value either. Oh and pointing out their lack of consideration doesn't help either. You simply get told it's you who should move - or more likely "f**k off" cause that's the way those of that ilk talk infront of kids.

There's always going to be people swearing at football matches, but where I'd back Oaksoft completely is that it's often done with absolutely no thought or consideration for who or what is around them and that is off putting for at least SOME parents who are taking their kids to matches.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Indeed, not my call. Although It seems to be the call, or in the region thereof, of the recent bidders who wouldn't or couldn't match the sellers expectations.

But you would deny me an opinion? I can't believe it, you are forever persuading us you are so high-minded and decent.

where did i state That you had no right to an opinion?

I'm a father and have been taking my two sons to matches since they were 2 years old. When they were much younger I went through a phase where I stopped taking them for a while due to what I perceived as a lack of consideration by other football fans.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and football was a much more dangerous place than it is today. They were pissed up fans on open terraces, often drinking from cans or bottles during the match, and sometimes after the game you'd have to play dodge the missile on the walk back to the train station, or back to your car. However along with that came a kind of unwritten code of conduct where adults would all try to ensure that any kids in the ground could see the action, and where if there were kids or ladies in close proximity you simply did not swear. In the last 20 or so years that's gone from the game. These days it doesn't matter that there are hundreds of empty seats in a stand there is a high likely hood that if you are there with young kids some 6'5" tall prick is going to choose to sit immediately infront of your and just as likely is the fact that this eejit is going to spend large parts of the match swearing at everything that moves, and with no hint of comedic value either. Oh and pointing out their lack of consideration doesn't help either. You simply get told it's you who should move - or more likely "f**k off" cause that's the way those of that ilk talk infront of kids.

There's always going to be people swearing at football matches, but where I'd back Oaksoft completely is that it's often done with absolutely no thought or consideration for who or what is around them and that is off putting for at least SOME parents who are taking their kids to matches.

Can't help but agree.sitting yesterday i said to my friend that having been to st mirren games since 1977 I have not been aware of such an angry unpleasant atmosphere. I don't know how many times I had to say to my 11 year old son to cover his ears and not dare repeat what was being said / sung.

Don't get me wrong , I'm not the slightest bit upset that Ian Murray has gone but our support did not put themselves in a good light yesterday . We have seen many managers lose the support ( moyes at Man U , Rogers at Liverpool, pardew at Newcastle ) but I do t remember chants like that being aimed at them.

Don't care what anybody says but if you didn't feel sorry for that guy taking the walk from the 'dugout ' - and that's a joke - then you don't have any sense of humility. Utterly unpleasant.

Not disappointed with the eventual sequelae, but really not nice.

The brief clips on YouTube doesn't come close to what was being said throughout the game- mainly in second half. All in all a most unpleasant experience , and a young supporter who is now completely bemused by what supporting his club is about

The North Bank had taught me all the swear words in the book by the time I was 7 years old. I also learned about alternative uses for a linesmans flag and what goes on in Greenock slums. I certainly don't recall any kind of holding back in the presence of children or indeed it being seen as a big deal, but each to their own.

I've never sat in the family stand before, is there swearing there? I know they have the polite boards asking not to swear but I wasn't sure if they have any impact.

There is absolutely no way you would tolerate being treated like that yourself.

You are another coward.

You're right. If I knew I was doing abysmally in my job and was told by my customer to "get to f**k" and that I "don't know what I'm doing" I would definity challenge them to a square go. I'd have marcjed over to the fans yesterday to issue a "mon then".

You are absolutely delusional. I bet you write in when you hear sweary words on telly before the watershed.

The North Bank had taught me all the swear words in the book by the time I was 7 years old. I also learned about alternative uses for a linesmans flag and what goes on in Greenock slums. I certainly don't recall any kind of holding back in the presence of children or indeed it being seen as a big deal, but each to their own.

I've never sat in the family stand before, is there swearing there? I know they have the polite boards asking not to swear but I wasn't sure if they have any impact.

Well you claimed in a previous post that you didn't start going until the late 80's at least.

I don't think I'm remembering it through rose tinted glasses either. I know football crowds in the 70's and 80's were far more dangerous. I certainly witnessed more than my fair share of hooliganism over the years. But there was a very different attitude towards women and kids in the stadium and the use of industrial language.

In the North Bank in my formative years there was an old couple that used to hang around close to where I'd pick my spot on the wall. They never swore, they would just occasionally push their way to the front to wave a pair of glasses at the referee. I'm sure others from that era will remember them.Obviously you would hear the occasional swear word but that was usually swiftly followed either by an apology, or by someone else pointing out there were kids or a lady in close proximity.

These days it seems most people just take their seats and shout whatever they want without any embarrassment or consideration for others around them and I'd agree with Oaksoft that at the very least that must turn some parents off taking their kids to the football.

I have been in the family area at SMP and it did seem to be a bit different - but in that regard I think the club lack consideration in putting the kids in some of the worst seats in the stadium

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Well you claimed in a previous post that you didn't start going until the late 80's at least.

I don't think I'm remembering it through rose tinted glasses either. I know football crowds in the 70's and 80's were far more dangerous. I certainly witnessed more than my fair share of hooliganism over the years. But there was a very different attitude towards women and kids in the stadium and the use of industrial language.

In the North Bank in my formative years there was an old couple that used to hang around close to where I'd pick my spot on the wall. They never swore, they would just occasionally push their way to the front to wave a pair of glasses at the referee. I'm sure others from that era will remember them.Obviously you would hear the occasional swear word but that was usually swiftly followed either by an apology, or by someone else pointing out there were kids or a lady in close proximity.

These days it seems most people just take their seats and shout whatever they want without any embarrassment or consideration for others around them and I'd agree with Oaksoft that at the very least that must turn some parents off taking their kids to the football.

I started going early 90's.

If that was the way in the 80's fair enough. Bit of politeness with the violence.

Edited by TopCat

Only from the kids.

From reading the papers this morning it seems Murray did his press stuff where he said he was staying on, talked to Stewart Gilmour and the players then re-appeared and said he was resigning.

The Sun also claims he'll get three months wages as a pay-off.

From reading the papers this morning it seems Murray did his press stuff where he said he was staying on, talked to Stewart Gilmour and the players then re-appeared and said he was resigning.

The Sun also claims he'll get three months wages as a pay-off.

"Right lads, I've just told the press I'm staying on."

"What...groan...ah, yer an eejit...great gaffer...you're a cu..."

"Right, enough. Fancy a wee chat Ian."

Has to be said, going back in to talk to the press was possibly more awkward than the walk of shame.

I asked a guy to moderate his language there recently because I had two youngsters with me. All I got was abuse from him and his mates.

I genuinely feel for the guy. He was subjected to a volley of vicious bile this afternoon as he trudged off the pitch looking like a broken man, and it wasn't nice to witness.

The guy is young, has a family, and a living to make. He didn't set out to f**k this up, it just didn't work out.

Thanks for doing your best, Ian. It wasn't good enough, but I wish you no ill, and hope you can move on from this.

Well said. Nothing personal about any of this - everyone does their best, but that is often just not good enough for whatever reason. Those screaming abuse should be ashamed of themselves.

I wish him all the best for the future.

You're right. If I knew I was doing abysmally in my job and was told by my customer to "get to f**k" and that I "don't know what I'm doing" I would definity challenge them to a square go. I'd have marcjed over to the fans yesterday to issue a "mon then".

You are absolutely delusional. I bet you write in when you hear sweary words on telly before the watershed.

Come back to me when you can string a coherent sentence together.