Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

What I don't get is why anyone would abuse the manager for the teams performance and then applaud the players. Seriously? What the f**k are you applauding them for? For effort? For commitment? For stealing a full time wage and getting pumped, yet again, by a bunch of office workers? If you are going to do discontent do it right FFS!

Was underwhelmed by his appointment, or rather I wasn't anything really, as I'd never heard of the guy. I think at ourlevel, managers will tend to be pretty much of a muchness technically and that what sets one apart from another is

character and personality. That is to say, whether they can command the respect of the players (who will also tend to be much of a muchness at our level - though I also think our squads have been getting progressively weaker for years now) and can he motivate them, help create a sense of team spirit. You can see what I mean at Man Utd with Van Gaal - he's had terrific success elsewhere, and obviously knows football, but in the UK context he comes across as well, a bit odd and thoroughly unconvincing. So, to my mind, the root issue is whether good judgement was applied in making the appointment and the state of the squad which, on the basis of the performances and results, is poor and must be rectified asap. Staying up is the target now, and build from there.

Abuse 1 guy and give the wasters a nice wee clap as they trudge down the tunnel. Classy.

The players better hope they beat Alloa next week.....

Well fair do's to Meltdown..... 'f**k' is exactly where he got too after leaving the pitch!

But if I Could ask him one question it would be this... "Why, when you were so inadequately skilled or with relevant experience did you take the job and plunge our club into a deeper crisis?"

He has cost the club tens of thousands in lost revenue, I just feel sorry we can't sue the bastard for the damage he has inflicted on the club!

f**k em' lets see if the board have learned anything now from their hopeless out of touch appointments?

At the end of the day the fans had to be very vocal in their condemnation to force the issue.

I still think this is too little, too late to save our bacon. The players are in a rut and, given a lot of them are not up to the task to start with, I cannot see any manager turning this around without cash to spend.

Well fair do's to Meltdown..... 'f**k' is exactly where he got too after leaving the pitch!

But if I Could ask him one question it would be this... "Why, when you were so inadequately skilled or with relevant experience did you take the job and plunge our club into a deeper crisis?"

He has cost the club tens of thousands in lost revenue, I just feel sorry we can't sue the bastard for the damage he has inflicted on the club!

f**k em' lets see if the board have learned anything now from their hopeless out of touch appointments?

If you were offered a promotion from part-time to full-time, stepping up to a bigger company and earning a better salary, along with seeing this as a great opportunity for your career, you are telling me you wouldnt jump at the opportunity?

It was the 13th December and everythinng was right

St Miren fans awoke to learn that they might

In the coming weeks no longer be shite

The manager was gone, his name Ian Murray

He had left but certianly not in a hurry

To celebrate some drank and some went for a curry

Many had hair but now were balding

Since the onset of rot caued by Murray and Spalding

Change was in the air it could certianly be felt

"Get a guid manager in" the board now need telt

The play offs now don't seem so far away

But much better the Mirren first must play

The long baw fae Langfield hopefully gone

For no good did that daft tactic ever spawn

Big Thommo may yet be the popularity boss

As he might get the chance to connect with a cross

I am no coach, artist or even musician

I just like to see players play in the correct position

So Howieson and Mallan back to the middle

As out wide was just pure piddle

Morgan of pace he is not bereft

So let's try sticking him out on the left

Other young player's may cause opposing fear

I am of course talking about Lewis McLear

Then theres Naismith and Kelly and Goodwin too

Let's give them a cheer without call to boo!

Murray has gone.

And wether you felt it appropriate to boo him or thank him is now a total irrelevance.

Either way I couldn't care less about who boo'd who...

You pay your money and you make your choices, and one persons moral compass is very different from another, so FFS stop bickering, trying to get one up on a fellow Saints fan, it's becoming boring...

What has to happen now is for the guys some of you call knicker wetters, keyboard warriors and every other insult you can dish out to Saints fans to get behind the new manager whoever they...

Four very simple letters COYS

And on the off chance I've insulted anyone I'll say sorry and please...

Murray has gone.

And wether you felt it appropriate to boo him or thank him is now a total irrelevance.

Either way I couldn't care less about who boo'd who...

You pay your money and you make your choices, and one persons moral compass is very different from another, so FFS stop bickering, trying to get one up on a fellow Saints fan, it's becoming boring...

What has to happen now is for the guys some of you call knicker wetters, keyboard warriors and every other insult you can dish out to Saints fans to get behind the new manager whoever they...

Four very simple letters COYS

And on the off chance I've insulted anyone I'll say sorry and please...

If it's Alex Miller I willnae be getting behind him.

If you were offered a promotion from part-time to full-time, stepping up to a bigger company and earning a better salary, along with seeing this as a great opportunity for your career, you are telling me you wouldnt jump at the opportunity?

We all would, but I'm not sure many of us would have made the same mistakes or appeared to be doing so little with the opportunity. Signing Gow, appointing Spalding, playing various players out of position, launch ball tactics, sitting so deep and looking like the basics aren't worked on during the week.

A bit harsh Callum. He gave it a go and it didn't work out. Good luck in the future to him. Move on and let's concentrate on getting behind whoever takes over. BTW the attitude of some of the players over the course of the season has been appalling. Some of them should take a long hard look at themselves too.

Interesting to see Jamie Langfield say pretty much that via twitter. "Players need to take a long hard look at themselves". Brave words when he has to face them on Monday morning. Hopefully he is someone they will look up to and listen to, and take note from

I only get to follow the Buddies from afar but from results and reports i can't see what difference Alex Miller has made, so pleeeeeeease don't take the easy option and put him in charge. I suspect however that is exactly what will happen

I only get to follow the Buddies from afar but from results and reports i can't see what difference Alex Miller has made, so pleeeeeeease don't take the easy option and put him in charge. I suspect however that is exactly what will happen

Not being the manager would make it tough to bring much change. If there is an issue in the dressing room then Miller may have picked up on it and could deal with it short term.

Well if they do they can fcuk right off.

Drew has made a rip roaring arse of himself here!

I think Murray got off lightly to be honest!

He had the chance at a great job and spent his first month on holiday. He should be tarred and feathered and hung at Paisley Cross. You can't f**k Paisley folk about like this!

I'm not sure if this is a wind-up or not.

If not, I will leave it for others to decide if I have made a rip-roaring arse of myself. I won't lose any sleep over it either way,however.

Its a bit like the abuse you hurl around in here, but won't do it to someones face I suppose?

Good point Drew!

If you care to quote some abuse I've dished out, I will be happy to arrange to meet the recipient to discuss. Unlike you, I use my given name on here, and, also unlike you, I have never used an alias.

I'm 45 years old. I won't be indulging in any street fighting, but I will happily discuss anything I've posted on here directly with anyone who can find any reason to do so with me.

Edited by Drew

Murray had to go. However he gave it his best shot and it did not work out. But the vitriolic abuse dished out to him yesterday was sickening and embarrassing. Murray resigned and left with dignity which is more than can be said for some of our support. Just because vitriolic abuse is common does not mean it is right.

Murray had to go. However he gave it his best shot and it did not work out. But the vitriolic abuse dished out to him yesterday was sickening and embarrassing. Murray resigned and left with dignity which is more than can be said for some of our support. Just because vitriolic abuse is common does not mean it is right.

In the clip all i heard was 'get tae f**k' and 'you don't know what you're doing'.