Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 19/12/15

shull

Alloa 0 St Mirren 4

Crowd 1387

We are back.

Not going, got tickets for The Clan. Saturday night.

COYS AND COTBC

Make mine a double.

Or even a treble.

Come on the Lie tae.

ALEX RAE'S BLACK & WHITE ARMY

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Edited by shull

Alloa 0 St Mirren 4

Crowd 1387

We are back.

Not going, got tickets for The Clan. Saturday night.

COYS AND COTBC

Make mine a double.

Or even a treble.

Come on the Lie tae.

ALEX RAE'S BLACK & WHITE ARMY

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

We can finish at least 4th.

I reckon that we may well see a much improved performance from Saints today which will only confirm that there was no real game plan as such under Murray .... none that the players understood anyway. Get the impression Rae will be much more straightforward and if you are not producing then you are out. I'll go for 3-1 Saints with a Shankland double and Webster header.

COYS !

Can't see how Rae can illicit a much improved performance from the same group of players who have pretty much been shit all season. The mere fact a new sheriff has ridden into Rock Ridge might make them try a leg mind you, and deliver that 'new manager bounce'. We will see soon enough.

Rae needs time to affect personnel, formations, tactics, get to know his squad, work on the training ground....

He comes into a club where the players are clearly either not good enough, don't try hard enough, are not fit enough, and the club has just lost its' CEO, and remains overseen by a want-away BoD who may well still be here long enough to fire Rae and the next ten replacement patsies.

Ian Murray was only responsible for so much. The malaise is in the boardroom and is seeping throughout the club.

Alloa 0 Saints 0, and we claim that a tricky away point is an acceptable start under trying circumstances.

We'll find out just how bad Murray's tactics were. At times it looked like the players didn't have a clue, the tactics normally were score a goal first then sit back on the 18 yard box.

I expect to see some width in the team today for a start, hopefully Morgan on the left and McLear/McMullan on the right.

Can't see how Rae can illicit a much improved performance from the same group of players who have pretty much been shit all season. The mere fact a new sheriff has ridden into Rock Ridge might make them try a leg mind you, and deliver that 'new manager bounce'. We will see soon enough.

Rae needs time to affect personnel, formations, tactics, get to know his squad, work on the training ground....

He comes into a club where the players are clearly either not good enough, don't try hard enough, are not fit enough, and the club has just lost its' CEO, and remains overseen by a want-away BoD who may well still be here long enough to fire Rae and the next ten replacement patsies.

Ian Murray was only responsible for so much. The malaise is in the boardroom and is seeping throughout the club.

Alloa 0 Saints 0, and we claim that a tricky away point is an acceptable start under trying circumstances.

Managers can make a huge difference. In a totally different arena, I knew how I felt when a certain manager of mine got the sparkclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

It wasn't that I wasn't good enough or that I didn't try hard enough, it was that the c**t made it impossible for anyone to do their actual job

Edited by insaintee

Managers can make a huge difference. In a totally different arena, I knew how I felt when a certain manager of mine got the spark:clapping :clapping:clapping

It wasn't that I wasn't good enough or that I didn't try hard enough, it was that the c**t made it impossible for anyone to do their actual job

In my arena, I too worked under a manager who dragged the place down, and I worked under managers who were not only very good at their jobs, but had everyone's respect too. Under both scenarios though, the customers still wanted, and deserved, their graphics to be done properly and to a high standard. I couldn't down tools or not try a leg. Mind you, my fitness levels? Shhh.

Edited by pozbaird

Managers can make a huge difference. In a totally different arena, I knew how I felt when a certain manager of mine got the sparkclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

You an electrician?

Managers can make a huge difference. In a totally different arena, I knew how I felt when a certain manager of mine got the spark:clapping :clapping:clapping

yes you absolutely cant underestimate the damage a bad manager can do to good staff.

i have been there before as well. a new manager can be capable of completely turning the same staff around overnight.

Fair play to our manager for taking the team today. He won't have taken a training session, so the easy (sensible?) option would have been to sit in the stand today and start on Monday. He's put himself forward though and this will go down as his first game in charge, for better or worse.

Impossible to tell how this will go, two managers in their first game in charge of their respective clubs. Someone's going to get a new manager bounce... Or maybe a draw.

Will go for 1-1 and a repeat of the first game between the clubs.