Latest Betting

Billy Reid.

I didn't say there wasn't any :lol:

Reid left Accies in the same position as they were in when he took over. The fans there wanted him gone long before he left and they improved almost immediately when he did.

He benefited from having two EPL class youngsters in McArthur and McCarthy at the same time. When they left he relegated Accies and had them back in the bottom half of the second tier by the time he was punted.

His style is also absolutely eye watering. Remember those four 0-0's we had with his Clyde team in one season?

No thanks.

Edited by TopCat

Think you are being generous

Clyde fan I work with says he's been a laughing stock amongst their support

He's also managed to alienate them with his comments in the press about them. I said it elsewhere Barry Ferguson has had every advantage going for him in League Two. He's had a load of his old pals on call to help him out as well as a rather decent budget for a side in that league, and yet for each season he's been there Clyde have landed up really struggling.

His column in one of the tabloids, it has been reported, is usually about a club that's been in its rented stadium for even less time than Clyde has been in Cumbernauld.

His loyalty, thanks to a gross (in the absurd sense) EBT, is still being retained and paid for.

ETA: £2.5m

Edited by bluto

The stand out name on that list for me would be Alex McLeish. I can't imagine St Mirren could afford him but he'd be exactly the kind of person who would be able to shape the club from the bottom up given a free hand.

I can't imagine there is the remotest chance we could bring in McLeish. Seems a fanciful inclusion at best.

I agree, though, he is exactly the type of character required.

I'm intrigued by the interest you have demonstrated in this matter, Stuart. It is almost as though you care....

I didn't say there wasn't any :lol:

Reid left Accies in the same position as they were in when he took over. The fans there wanted him gone long before he left and they improved almost immediately when he did.

He benefited from having two EPL class youngsters in McArthur and McCarthy at the same time. When they left he relegated Accies and had them back in the bottom half of the second tier by the time he was punted.

His style is also absolutely eye watering. Remember those four 0-0's we had with his Clyde team in one season?

No thanks.

On the style front Reid = Miller.

Doesn't matter whether 'the favourite' gets it or a complete outsider, within ten minutes we'll have rabid St.Mirren fans on here with gtf comments before a ball is kicked. It would be nice if whoever is selected was given at least a few months to see what he or she can do before starting a hate campaign. We can but dream.

When did Ian Murray win promotion for Dumbarton?

When did Ian Murray get Dumbarton into the promotion okay off spot in a division higher than he started in?

The point is that he has similar credentials to Murray and it would be a similar gamble. I would actually take a punt on someone like this as I would rather have an up and coming manager.

I can't imagine there is the remotest chance we could bring in McLeish. Seems a fanciful inclusion at best.

I agree, though, he is exactly the type of character required.

I'm intrigued by the interest you have demonstrated in this matter, Stuart. It is almost as though you care....

Aye, I'd be delighted with McLeish but there's more chance of me becoming manager. Alex Rae's last job was as his assistant at Genk...

Names not on the betting list, but would be solid appointments...

McKinnon - Raith

McCall - Ayr

Johnston - Dunfermline

All three actually achieving in management, so I guess that puts them out of contention as far as our board are concerned?

More importantly all would require compensation.

The point is that he has similar credentials to Murray and it would be a similar gamble. I would actually take a punt on someone like this as I would rather have an up and coming manager.

Murray took charge at a bottom half of the table Championship club and they stayed there.

Young took over a minnow that has spent virtually its entire history at the bottom end of the lowest division. He won them promotion at the first attempt. In the higher league, he not only has them safe, he has them challenging for a second successive promotion, unprecedented in that club's history.

Entirely different credentials.

And, on top of this, he spent his playing career at full time top flight clubs. So he knows what its like to be at a club like St. Mirren.

IMO, what we want is a young manager, with top flight playing experience and a record of winning promotions at a lower level.

This is Darren Young.

I agree with you though. Id like to see us take chance on a guy like this.

Edited by nosferatu

Murray took charge at a bottom half of the table Championship club and they stayed there.

Young took over a minnow that has spent virtually its entire history at the bottom end of the lowest division. He won them promotion at the first attempt. In the higher league, he not only has them safe, he has them challenging for a second successive promotion, unprecedented in that club's history.

Entirely different credentials.

And, on top of this, he spent his playing career at full time top flight clubs. So he knows what its like to be at a club like St. Mirren.

I agree with you though. Id like to see us take chance on a guy like this.

Murray has the same if not better playing career at top flight clubs and international level. He also kept Dumbarton as the best part time club in Scotland. So I believe that there are similarities.

I wouldn't be adverse to Young getting the job however it's a gamble. You do realise that the guy you continually slated (Wee Danny) took Alloa to successive promotions before joining us?

Edited by Kendo

Names not on the betting list, but would be solid appointments...

McKinnon - Raith

McCall - Ayr

Johnston - Dunfermline

All three actually achieving in management, so I guess that puts them out of contention as far as our board are concerned?

Johnston got the job in FM after I removed Murray in my game on Saturday night. Of course, his Pars side offered f**k all versus us. Young is a very decent young manager, who has Albion playing decent football. But, would he suffer the same "who's the clown" on our training ground as IM appeared to have.