Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Not technically true that he has no management experience, he managed Dundee between 2006 and 2008.

You should know by now that people on here don't let the facts get in the way of what they want to say!!

Chick Young talked him up on Radio Scotland as the type of character needed at the club. That probably resulted in a few people having a punt on him, hence he is now favourite. Lets just hope they get this appointment correct. The survival of St Mirren FC as a full time club may depend on it!!!

So rather being "not technically true" you actually should have said "not true".

You know, I was about to concede here, but I went to a whole new level of tedious and looked up the phrase, and found this from a vocabulary website - "something technically true is actually, really true or correct but it may not be the way people think about it". So there! cool.png

I believe this is the type of steely determined candidate that our club should embrace, he certainly has the energy and presence coupled with some real playing experience.

As for the Bevy merchant, alcoholism comments: sometimes overcoming serious addiction issues strengthens and humbles individuals..he's up there for me in terms of suitable candidates.

You know, I was about to concede here, but I went to a whole new level of tedious and looked up the phrase, and found this from a vocabulary website - "something technically true is actually, really true or correct but it may not be the way people think about it". So there! cool.png

Then you may just be "technically correct" as well as incorrect!

Games in charge as manager 97

Number of wins 42

Number of Draws 22

Number of Defeats 33

Win % 43.29

Alex Rae's Record as Dundee manager from May 2006 - October 2008

A reasonable record but is still a bit inexperienced. At this moment in time I believe he is Assistant to Alex McLeish at Ghent

Edited by stripey

Games in charge as manager 97

Number of wins 42

Number of Draws 22

Number of Defeats 33

Win % 43.29

Alex Rae's Record as Dundee manager from May 2006 - October 2008

A reasonable record but is still a bit inexperienced. At this moment in time I believe he is Assistant to Alex McLeish at Ghent

McLeish left GENK at the end of last season so he ain't been working there recently.