Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Last season for me buying a season ticket. I refuse to go because they keep appointing cheap option managers. Business men they are not. You have to spend to reap rewards. U don't want to watch more bad football and we will lose our best players like mallen and goodwin. Alex rae another ian Murray unfortunately

He has to be given a chance.

To think we would be able to attract someone who had no scum connections is ridiculous. He is the manager & should be given the full support in his efforts to sort out the current shambles.

For those who are writing him off because of his love of oldco/ newco may i just remind you of a little ditty which was popular not so very long ago......

"He`s six foot two with jet black hair, he played for the **** but we dont care!"

Fair enough, but as others have mentioned, playing for, and/or supporting one of the ugly sisters is one thing, but some do it in a Henrik Larsson, Brian Laudrup or Thommo' way, while in another camp are yer' Bazza Fergusons, Nacho Novos, Bomber Broons, Neil Lennon and Alex Rae types.

I don't need to like these types, or suck their boaby the minute our BoD appoint them manager at St Mirren.

Having said that, whoever gets the gig deserves a chance. So, he gets that chance.

I think we as a support need to drop the obsession with players/managers being Old Firm fans.

Like it or not they're the two biggest clubs in the country and to expect a proportion of people involved in Scottish football not to have some affiliation to either of them is pretty naive.

I could give a feck who manages or plays for us ultimately if they put together a decent squad of players and get us winning games.

Fair enough, but as others have mentioned, playing for, and/or supporting one of the ugly sisters is one thing, but some do it in a Henrik Larsson, Brian Laudrup or Thommo' way, while in another camp are yer' Bazza Fergusons, Nacho Novos, Bomber Broons, Neil Lennon and Alex Rae types.

I don't need to like these types, or suck their boaby the minute our BoD appoint them manager at St Mirren.

Having said that, whoever gets the gig deserves a chance. So, he gets that chance.

I dont think you need to like any manager. But if they do the job (if!) they should get our support, As for sucking his boaby ??wacko.png no one asked you to ! why would you even contemplate such a thing ?!?! rip.gif

I dont think you need to like any manager. But if they do the job (if!) they should get our support, As for sucking his boaby ??:wacko: no one asked you to ! why would you even contemplate such a thing ?!?! :green

That's exactly what I said... He deserves a chance as any new manager would. What's the alternative to giving any new guy a chance anyway? Rack up to their first game in charge and boo them before kick off?

Alex Rae only played 34 games for Rangers. He's a born and bred Rangers fan but I'm really surprised that is an issue for anyone. Gus was a raging ***, and Saints legend Hugh Murray was Celtic daft.

On that note I heard a whisper that John & Stephen McGinns grandad was once in the board at Celtic.

On that note I heard a whisper that John & Stephen McGinns grandad was once in the board at Celtic.

If you're going to come away with far-fetched shite like this, I will be thinking twice before believing any exclusive news you come away with!

Calderwood's Black and White Army!

Alex Rae only played 34 games for Rangers. He's a born and bred Rangers fan but I'm really surprised that is an issue for anyone. Gus was a raging ***, and Saints legend Hugh Murray was Celtic daft.

It's not an issue, or at least isn't an issue with me, to the extent that I don't want them as St Mirren manager at all, or want them to fail because of a past association. However, I reserve the right to not particularly care for the Neil Lennon, Bazza Ferguson, Bomber Broon, Alex Rae type of Old Firm ex.

Put it another way, I think Scott Brown is a scrote, but if he plays, and plays well for Scotland, fair enough. I still don't like the chunt much though.

Really disappointed if true. I don't mind people managing our club that support other clubs as we haven't had a buddie managing us since Fitzy and won't probably have one again. In saying that we have never had a manager who has been so vocal about his beloved club on Twitter and if you look at it from his manager experience it is not impressive.

Calderwood is not a St Mirren fan but has a proven track record of turning teams around and getting them out of trouble. Rae would have not been in my top 10 to manage our club.

Struggling for positivity

Edited by Dave The Buddie