Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

In amongst all the media stuff today from Rae there's some interesting quotes:

"There are the dynamics behind the scenes which maybe impact some things. That's out of my control.

"One or two things haven't gone my way the last couple of days. Youou can't sit here and moan and groan, however. I'm of the opinion I've got to keep upbeat and positive.

"I'm not even going to go into that. I'll deal with it internally."

I find that a wee bit worrying. He's only been in the job five mins and he's already been pissed off.

I find that a wee bit worrying. He's only been in the job five mins and he's already been pissed off.

It's the policy don't go into debt, never mind if the club goes further and further down the league. We will make further cuts, it all seems a bit mad. Surely to God you need to back the new manager with a proper second hand man.

What was the context of the last comment? What is he going to deal with internally?

The last comment was separate from the others going by the Mail. He was asked to clarify what he meant by things going his way and didn't want to go into it.

The taking care of it internally stuff almost suggests it's something to do with the players unless he's going to "take care" of the board in a mafia style.

Having thought about it since replying on twitter, one possibility could be wanting Goodwin involved with coaching and being told no. Aside from that, maybe we don't work with some agents or Alex wanted a scout or scouts on retainer (not sure how that all works).

The last comment was separate from the others going by the Mail. He was asked to clarify what he meant by things going his way and didn't want to go into it.

The taking care of it internally stuff almost suggests it's something to do with the players unless he's going to "take care" of the board in a mafia style.

I'd be happy enough if it's problems with the playing squad he's alluding to. I think it's a fairly open secret that there is not 100% togetherness within the squad.

There are some unhappy campers dating back to events of last season.

If Rae has identified that as a problem already and is going to tackle it head on then that's a positive as it needs fixing.

If however he's talking about issues elsewhere then that causes me a bit of concern.

Reading the full article from the Sun would appear to suggest he is referring to the recruitment of his assistant.

If the board are expecting David Longwell to do the assistant's job and run the Academy then they are making a huge mistake IMO.

Let Alex bring in his own man and get on with the job of turning things around.

Strangely enough, in his early intrerviews its as if he is referring to 'us' and 'us as youse', in a third person way, its almost as though he is not actually an employee, but simply an observer invited to cast an opinion. there was a kinda detachment, an undercurrent of Im only visiting. He also came across in his early stuff very much of the opinion that we were lucky to have him ?! Its certainly not the standard inclusive soundbites, as per the usual hail fellow well met newbie stuff

Thought it was all a wee bit touristy, quite third party stuff....................

Maybe nowt in that at all, but looks like we need a solid landing platform to be established , kinda pronto.

Strangely enough, in his early intrerviews its as if he is referring to 'us' and 'us as youse', in a third person way, its almost as though he is not actually an employee, but simply an observer invited to cast an opinion. there was a kinda detachment, an undercurrent of Im only visiting. He also came across in his early stuff very much of the opinion that we were lucky to have him ?! Its certainly not the standard inclusive soundbites, as per the usual hail fellow well met newbie stuff

Thought it was all a wee bit touristy, quite third party stuff....................

Maybe nowt in that at all, but looks like we need a solid landing platform to be established , kinda pronto.

I would imagine that's because he's hardly in the door. He needs a few weeks to suss the whole thing out, including players that need moved on. In a few months i would hope that he will be using the term "we" when dealing with the press.

I would imagine that's because he's hardly in the door. He needs a few weeks to suss the whole thing out, including players that need moved on. In a few months i would hope that he will be using the term "we" when dealing with the press.

aye maybe so, just my observation on his early 'style'

Reading the full article from the Sun would appear to suggest he is referring to the recruitment of his assistant.

If the board are expecting David Longwell to do the assistant's job and run the Academy then they are making a huge mistake IMO.

Not sure why you think that, after all Teale managed to do it with Longwell as his assistant so if he can do it then ......................

If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got and we got relegated.

Not sure why you think that, after all Teale managed to do it with Longwell as his assistant so if he can do it then ......................

If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got and we got relegated.

Correct. It would be appalling to make the same mistakes again. If Rae wants Farrell in then that should be his call to make and if that affects his playing budget then again that is his call to make.

Think you may be right. I would've expected Farrell to have been by Rae's side at the press conference, but going by his tweets he's waiting to see if it can be worked out.

The board give the manager his budget, they should therefore let him get on with it and bring in who he wants.

Correct. It would be appalling to make the same mistakes again. If Rae wants Farrell in then that should be his call to make and if that affects his playing budget then again that is his call to make.

The problem might be there is no budget right now and he needs to move a few on first. We might still be paying for Spalding.

It could mean come January we move a few out just to get his assistant in.