Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

He was very coy on Superscoreboard but also very complementary.

To be fair as much as it has been mince for us and very much recently a poisoned chalice, the job does offer fantastic opportunities for the right candidate. Unfortunately Murray wasn't that man for whatever reason, Teale didn't get much of a go, Craig seemed lost and Danny cloud9.gif was let go with the best of intentions but it just hasn't worked since...

Gus did a fantastic job in retrospect but it was boring stuff at times in the end (1-0 against Rangers, 1-0 against Celtic and 4-0 vs Celticcloud9.gif ) and in fairness I thought a change was needed. Disagreed with Danny going as he did but its been free fall since. The players need to shoulder some of that blame but surely it can't be that difficult to turn this around? I really don't begrudge the board the choice...

Anyway here's hoping whoever it is can pull it out the bag...sorcerer.gif

As soon as he says "my team " rangers i switched off , I think he's exactly what we don't need

We need someone to get the feel good factor back. There are two options as I see it from our recent past:

1. Gus like dogmatic self confidence - this is the way I'm doing it and hell mend you if you question it my results do my talking...

2. Danny like positivity, optimism, respect for the fans, good football and like point 1 success...which currently would be 8th place in the league come the end of the season...

I am struggling to work this out? We are sliding away and are very much in danger of being lost in the wilderness for years

Perhaps and it is a big perhaps (before I get shot down in flames) a step down with a far bigger emphasis on the nurturing of young talent is what we need to regroup and come back stronger and much more in the mind set of it being progression from the youth team all the way through...

I am not advocating this approach. I would far rather see us competing as high as is possible but we do need a period of stability, a vision for our club from top to bottom and everyone pulling in the same direction...on these last three points managerial turmoil blights the first two and the last is nowhere to be found at the present moment in time and hasn't been there since we won the League Cup...

Rae to be announced today/tomorrow and in charge against Alloa.

Not sure how I feel about this, he has had! Experience at Dundee, but that was seven years ago and he has been a sidekick since then.

Now if he was coming as a package with his last boss McLeish....

On the bright side he is the lesser of two evils when it comes to ex- **** being touted for the job!

Bart if I'm right your saying lets go down again? If so we will be finished. Try running the youth development and the ralsoton base playing in front of 1700 against Stranraer . Honestly this club is being allowed to slide away into the wilderness yet it needn't be this way

No I was pointing out the fact that given the investment into our youth development and training facilities that the perpetual slide may not be entirely doom and gloom...offering one option for hope if this were to happen...it is the only one I can see.

I want us to start performing rather than playing in fits and bursts. On paper we have a good side but on the park we lack the guile and determination to beat teams that should not really be competing with us at the same level - part time clubs (full credit to them for their performances but we have been woeful against Alloa and Dumbarton). There are a fair few others against whom we have been mince and it is that consistency that brought about the need for change.

We all want a turn around and soon.

If (big IF) it is Rae, it would make a mockery of the claims that the club are looking for an experienced man. He has two years in the hot seat several years ago on his CV. Yes, he has been an assistant, but so had Tommy Craig, and for many more years, and that went well.

I'm not unduly interested in the tittle tattle surrounding the man, or even his dubious allegiance with the dead club. We need someone with a bit of genuine experience who can shitfest us through this season. Is this the guy for the job?

If it is to be Alex Rae, would this not be going down the same route of decent coach but untested manager route again if he fails?

I really cant imagine tbh that its true anyways as Murray has been gone for less than a week and i doubt any interviews have actually taken place yet.

Edited by kevo_smfc

This is a joke last January we got told we were looking fir experience And a wheeler and dealer. We got Gary teale

Now 12 months later we get told were looking for a manager with loads of experience and potentially we get a manager with 2 years managers experience f**king joke I don't down gilmour a lot but today if Rae is manager gilmour is a disgrace for his lies

This is a joke last January we got told we were looking fir experience And a wheeler and dealer. We got Gary teale

Now 12 months later we get told were looking for a manager with loads of experience and potentially we get a manager with 2 years managers experience f**king joke I don't down gilmour a lot but today if Rae is manager gilmour is a disgrace for his lies

Yes the line the board trotted out when it inevitably went tits up for Tealzo was "we thought about and wanted an experienced manager to replace TC, but there was NO ONE who fitted that bill avaiable".....

Then they hired Murray!

So Alex Rae must look like SAF to them in comparison to Meltdown..?