Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Isnt it ironic that this board sacked a fellow board member for inviting a sevconian to a meeting.... But they then try to sign every ex-sevconian walking upright in one capacity or another!

Rae has more experience, and at a higher, more varied level than Meltdown had, however with the board stating clearly three days ago they would select someone with "lots of experience" they are again treating the support like mugs.

We will not start to return to the standard we should be at until this out of touch board are gone.

Lets see how we fare against Alloa now both clubs, with new management start on level pegging???

No surprise that, with Murray gone, you turn your attention back to the BOD. How can this possibly mean so much to you that it affects you so?

It's a strange appointment given what was said at the AGM.We have what we have now so have to get on with supporting Alex . It's a BIG ask to keep us in this league in my opinion with a midfield that has no back bone with Jim Goodwin out. If Alex can keep us in the championship it will have been a successful appointment. If we finish mid table it will have been an outstanding appointment that's how I see it. Welcome to the club Alex.

Not in the slightest bit true.

Calderwood brought in 3 loan signings on the 1st of February, their only player additions. They didn't spend to stay in the league.

It was the amount of money he spent on their wages and the increased bonuses for them and for the rest of the squad that amounted to a hefty sum. When he arrived the budget was spent and he convinced the board they needed to spend money and quickly. At the end of the season Johnston told him that the spending could not be replicated for the coming season and Calderwood spat out the dummy and quit.

Not in the slightest bit true.

Calderwood brought in 3 loan signings on the 1st of February, their only player additions. They didn't spend to stay in the league.

Took over Killie in mid January who had won 16% of their games.

Win ration of 30% after this and kept them up.

Took over Ross County mid Feb when they had only won 3 games all season (12% win ratio)

40% win ratio for the rest of the season.

I continue to be perplexed at the anti Jimmy Calderwood mob that seems to exist. The guy is a winner, everywhere he goes....well everywhere in Scotland at least.

If we had appointed Calderwood and Nicholl instead of Teale we would no be competing for the top six in the Premiership.

Div the point I was making was as a manager. The guy who calls the shots. Alex rae has been a manager for two seasons that's it. He hasn't managed for 7 yes 7 years. This board is onto plums because it makes statements that suggest they are ready to get an experienced manager in someone who has been over the course and has proved himself. Then they appoint a manager who hasn't been a manager for years. Unbelievable jeff you can't make this up

Edited by norrie82

Div the point I was making was as a manager. The guy who calls the shots. Alex rae has been a manager for two seasons that's it. He hasn't managed for 7 yes 7 years. This board is onto plums because it makes statements that suggest they are ready to get an experienced manager in someone who has been over the course and has proved himself. Then they appoint a manager who hasn't been a manager for years. Unbelievable jeff you can't make this up

what is unbelievable jeff is that you can get so frothy over something which has not even been confirmed yet.

Good luck to Alex I have to apologise if I was out of order. I feel experience is crucial as we hover above the third tier. The board said the same yet now are appointing a guy who has been a manager once seven yrs ago. If he can turn this sinking ship around I am all for it. Good luck Alex

Yer pished, go to bed.

David Farrell recently had his book serialised in the record. I thought he came across as a bit of a knob. Some things he said I thought"that didn't really happen, did it?"

He doesn't stop promoting that bloody book!

It worked though, ive bought it. I'll report back on whether he is a knob or not.