Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Ha !

I've already said I'll happily wear a Morton top to the Livi game if Rae isn't our new manager. The Vankini can stay in it's wrapper though, nobody is ready to see that.

All moot anyway, Rae is our new manager.

Does that mean he been telling lies saying he has had no contact with the club ?

Dougie McNeil just tweeted that club are "interviewing Alex today". WTF?

So Div, and the BBC, and Uncle Tom C et al seemed to have solid info that the job is Rae's yet we have the farcical scenario of a show interview today.

Laughable.

The interview list is

12.30 Alex Rae

13.30 Car Park Supervisor

14.30 Corporate Lounge Waiter

15.30 Whoever is hanging about from the U20 squad

Who's your money on ????

Judging by some posts on here, a good few folk have their fingers crossed for the waiter.

I think I might call McBookie and put a tenner on him.

Edited by Drew

"Hello Mr Rae, please take a seat.

Ok you may have heard various items in the news, the gutter press and some dubious fans website, ignore all that garbage, we know you haven't been interviewed, so let's chat about why you want to become Saint's next Manager.

You know it's a tough ride, that is obvious the way we have treated the fans, ooops sorry the players, over the last few appointments, so what makes you the stand out candidate?"

"Well Mr Gilmour, you're right, you've made an utter balls up of at least the last three if not more appointments, but you haven't had one of them who will kick the players' back sides, have them running up and down the Braes on a Sunday and tell them where the net is at their home ground.............. so if you want these three things, I'm your man."

"great the job's your............................... ahem, how many £'s a week do you want for these three elements and can we break it down to 10% for the kicking lessons, 10% for each Sunday sweat shop and 80% for finding the fu**ing net each week"?

"Aye nae bother"

"Good settled, the job's your for the foreseeable future, thank you Mr Rae for coming in, see you on Monday"!

Dougie McNeil just tweeted that club are "interviewing Alex today". WTF?

So Div, and the BBC, and Uncle Tom C et al seemed to have solid info that the job is Rae's yet we have the farcical scenario of a show interview today.

Laughable.

Hmmm, more like hysterical laughter ..................

This is British b movie stuff.

Just how is it that the club can decide who's getting the job before an interview has even taken place?

It's no wonder thay have such an appalling track record at making appointments.

Its amazing really just when I think you've heard everything, another story comes out that I struggle to believe.

If there was ever a proposal to make a film about the demise of St. Mirren it will be rejected out of hand as no-one would be able to believe that a group of guys could make such an utter mess of every single decision that's put in front of them.

Just how is it that the club can decide who's getting the job before an interview has even taken place?

Its amazing really just when I think you've heard everything, another story comes out that I struggle to believe.

If there was ever a proposal to make a film about the demise of St. Mirren it will be rejected out of hand as no-one would be able to believe that a group of guys could make such an utter mess of every single decision that's put in front of them.

Carlsberg and the Titanic names should be names on our shirts or in the ground somewhere, great footballing cluster f**ks

Rae looks to have assisted at a decent level to managers well above our pay grade.

Sorry, what?

Rae has assisted Paul Ince, Paul Ince, Paul Ince, and then finally Alex McLeish.

At MK Dons Ince and Rae took a side that missed out on automatic promotion in League One under Robert Di Matteo by just 2 points, and within a year they'd taken them to the obscurity of 12th in League One some 20 points off a play off spot and 26 points off automatic promotion.

At Notts Couty they took over a side that had been promoted from League Two the year before. County had struggled in the new league In October 2010 Ince was appointed as manager and he took Rae with him. They both left the club in April have lost five successive league matches - the start of a run that saw Notts County suffer 9 straight defeats. Martin Allen was appointed and then rescued the club from relegation. They finished 19th that season.

Next stop was Blackpool. in 2012-13. Blackpool had just been relegated from the Premiership under Ian Holloway. Hollaway started the new season as boss and Blackpool won all of their opening matches right through to September 15th when they finally dropped a point to Burnley. Blackpool then went on the slide with four defeats and two draws in the next 7 matches. Holloway left and was replaced by Michael Appleton. He stayed until January 11th when he was appointed manager of Blackburn Rovers after going 8 matches undefeated. Then Ince and Rae came in.They didn't win a single game until March 9th. In total Ince was to win just four matches that season and that time Blackpool suffered their biggest defeat in recent memory at that time losing 6-1 to Gus Poyets Brighton side. In 2013 Blackpool started promisingly but from September 17th through to their sacking on the 21st of January they won only 2 league matches. They were replaced by Barry Ferguson and Blackpool finished the season in 19th place.

Now Alex Rae did not to bad at Dundee so I'm not saying he'll be a shit appointment. But please don't get the idea he's got some kind of great record as an assistant.

English Championship, League 1 and Belgian Pro League = Decent level. Especially when compared with the Scottish Championship.

I never said he had a great record missus, only that he'd assisted at a higher level.

FWIW he wouldn't have cracked the top 10 of my managerial wish list, but if he gets it then there isn't much to do except support the team and hope for the best.

All the names were put in a hat and his was the first out.

I cannot get my head around the we need an experienced manager speech and we go for someone with 2 years experience. He could do a fantastic job bit this flies in the face of what was said.

English Championship, League 1 and Belgian Pro League = Decent level. Especially when compared with the Scottish Championship.

I never said he had a great record missus, only that he'd assisted at a higher level.

FWIW he wouldn't have cracked the top 10 of my managerial wish list, but if he gets it then there isn't much to do except support the team and hope for the best.

Nowhere near as impressive as Tommy Craigs record as an assistant though is it? How did he do in management again?

So looks like the chairman has been lying to the support and the shareholders about the appointment make me wonder what else has been lies over the last few years