Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

The club would go out of business every year without the supporters!

They pay in every year to fund the club, but dont expect to sell it and get their money back.

Thank you for your contributions in keeping our club afloat (sorry business). What would we do without you.

Just read the sun interview with Mr rae , he speaks well , makes perfect sense and seems genuinely enthusiastic , oh naw I think I might be coming a convert to the managers conviction and passion , I hope he does well , we really need someone to steady the ship, this might just be the best present ever, well apart from the chopper bike I got obviously

They pay in every year to fund the club, but dont expect to sell it and get their money back.

So, everyone stops going and the club goes out of business.

In that scenario there isn't a problem, is there?

As div points out, the BoD now own more than 52% of the shares. Not just guarantees, actual ownership.

Sorry to interrupt and all that, but I agree with you. There wouldn't be a problem with that at all.

To be honest I take exception to the idea that the customers should always turn up and pay their money over regardless of entertainment or enjoyment just to save the business. You wouldn't use that kind of argument in any other field. Frankly it's up to the business owners to make their product attractive enough that customers want to pay for it and I think anyone who has seen the product over the last two years especially would agree that in this area the board have completely failed. Even on Saturday, with the new manager in charge, and me having been admitted on yet another complimentary ticket it wasn't worth the price I paid.

I'd be happy enough if it's problems with the playing squad he's alluding to. I think it's a fairly open secret that there is not 100% togetherness within the squad.

There are some unhappy campers dating back to events of last season.

If Rae has identified that as a problem already and is going to tackle it head on then that's a positive as it needs fixing.

If however he's talking about issues elsewhere then that causes me a bit of concern.

Just a question, if it is an open secret, where does the lack of 100% togetherness stem from if names cannot be mentioned?

Even on Saturday, with the new manager in charge, and me having been admitted on yet another complimentary ticket it wasn't worth the price I paid.

Oh do shut up! We scored two, played decent football on a pathetic surface and got the win. No doubt you're comparing the performance to whatever you watch on SKY or BT Sport. Just what do you expect from the Scottish game with it's lack of TV money? Oh and next time, stay at home.

Sorry to interrupt and all that, but I agree with you. There wouldn't be a problem with that at all.

To be honest I take exception to the idea that the customers should always turn up and pay their money over regardless of entertainment or enjoyment just to save the business. You wouldn't use that kind of argument in any other field. Frankly it's up to the business owners to make their product attractive enough that customers want to pay for it and I think anyone who has seen the product over the last two years especially would agree that in this area the board have completely failed. Even on Saturday, with the new manager in charge, and me having been admitted on yet another complimentary ticket it wasn't worth the price I paid.

You're a cock

That's all.......

Oh do shut up! We scored two, played decent football on a pathetic surface and got the win. No doubt you're comparing the performance to whatever you watch on SKY or BT Sport. Just what do you expect from the Scottish game with it's lack of TV money? Oh and next time, stay at home.

I was actually comparing it with the entertainment that had been on offer in the juvenile football match I'd watched at the KPark in East Kilbride that Saturday morning. I'd got into both matches for free and I really enjoyed the entertainment if not necessarily the quality at the kids game - the afternoon match was a joyless waste of time. There was a nice goal from Shankland but seriously was there any real quality on that park that left you excited, amazed, or even thinking "f**k I couldn't have done that". I seriously felt for the poor souls that had paid their money to sit in that tent on Saturday, especially when I compared that to the facilities at KPark with it's permanent, modern and comfortable stand.

I get that St Mirren fans might be happy at getting their first win in seven - in fact since the last time I watched a St Mirren match - but the experience left me wondering why I hadn't just opted for that day of Christmas Shopping on Princes Street in Edinburgh instead.

It's not fair to demand that customers buy shares in your business, or prop it up with cash donations and scratch card purchases when the product you keep punting them is worthless junk. It's even less fair when you already charge ridiculously high prices for that shit product. If the shares in the club are worth less than the consortium paid for them then that's their fault. You can be as grateful as you like to the man who save the corner shop from liquidation, but I would imagine if he was then charging you £22 for a loaf of bread your gratitude would be short lived.

Graeme MacPherson did the article for the herald, he says he reckons it is definitely to do with the recruitment of his assistant.

Maybe his choice (assume Farrell) is looking for more than the club is willing to pay, or a contract duration the club is unwilling to give.

Dunno, but hopefully it gets sorted pronto.

I cannot imagine for a second that Farrell will be commanding a high wage , he is desperate to get back into the game and currently working as a taxi driver so you would imagine the ball would be in our court over that negotiation ...

I was actually comparing it with the entertainment that had been on offer in the juvenile football match I'd watched at the KPark in East Kilbride that Saturday morning. I'd got into both matches for free and I really enjoyed the entertainment if not necessarily the quality at the kids game - the afternoon match was a joyless waste of time. There was a nice goal from Shankland but seriously was there any real quality on that park that left you excited, amazed, or even thinking "f**k I couldn't have done that". I seriously felt for the poor souls that had paid their money to sit in that tent on Saturday, especially when I compared that to the facilities at KPark with it's permanent, modern and comfortable stand.

I get that St Mirren fans might be happy at getting their first win in seven - in fact since the last time I watched a St Mirren match - but the experience left me wondering why I hadn't just opted for that day of Christmas Shopping on Princes Street in Edinburgh instead.

It's not fair to demand that customers buy shares in your business, or prop it up with cash donations and scratch card purchases when the product you keep punting them is worthless junk. It's even less fair when you already charge ridiculously high prices for that shit product. If the shares in the club are worth less than the consortium paid for them then that's their fault. You can be as grateful as you like to the man who save the corner shop from liquidation, but I would imagine if he was then charging you £22 for a loaf of bread your gratitude would be short lived.

my goodness me your getting comp tickets and yet still moaning ... Im sure if you'd have paid to get into all the games this season and suffered like us then witnessed a decent battling win on Saturday for the first time in weeks you would have been delighted. , ps it was £16 to get into Alloa Edited by gazmc83

my goodness me your getting comp tickets and yet still moaning ... Im sure if you'd have paid to get into all the games this season and suffered like us then witnessed a decent battling win on Saturday for the first time in weeks you would have been delighted. , ps it was £16 to get into Alloa

Yes I know it was £16 - but then the St Mirren consortium wasn't responsible for setting that price.

I'd never have suffered as long as some of you guys have. Don't take that as some sort of offer of deference or respect though. I reckon you have to be a really special kind of fanny to pay as much as you do for so little enjoyment. Yet still we get posts like the ones on this thread where for some reason customers are again being chastised for not throwing more of their own money away and being told they should be grateful for the opportunity to pay over the odds for a shit product every second week.

I don't have any sympathy for the current business owners and any gratitude I might have felt has long since ebbed.

As div points out, the BoD now own more than 52% of the shares. Not just guarantees, actual ownership.

They own 52% of what the support fund each season.

The support will never stop going, however the consortium continue to damage the club by seeking a sale at a price no one will pay them.

Or do you think the consortium are doing everything right by the club these last few seasons?

I'd be happy enough if it's problems with the playing squad he's alluding to. I think it's a fairly open secret that there is not 100% togetherness within the squad.

There are some unhappy campers dating back to events of last season.

If Rae has identified that as a problem already and is going to tackle it head on then that's a positive as it needs fixing.

If however he's talking about issues elsewhere then that causes me a bit of concern.

Come Div, share you knowledge of this widespread unrest in the squad, tell us what your source says!

Or are we starting up the "Lee Mair-Gate" shit stirring again, to try and push the new manager out, just like the tried with Danny..?

And these people call themselves supporters!

I cannot imagine for a second that Farrell will be commanding a high wage , he is desperate to get back into the game and currently working as a taxi driver so you would imagine the ball would be in our court over that negotiation ...

Would be a safer bet sticking to driving taxi's, that way he could give the team a lift.

If the new manager can't appoint his own number 2 what kind d of club are we. Is Alex to absolutely everything. David longwell has enough with the academy and the 20s. Let's get Alex his new man in and set about lifting this miserable club out of its current decline. Get the guy his number 2 now

A skint club.

Perhaps we could arrange a bucket collection outside the stadium to raise funds for a new assistant manager.

If successful, we could consider a tombola to keep the floodlights on, and a sponsored silence to buy fuel for Tommy Doc's lawnmower.

Edited by Drew

Come Div, share you knowledge of this widespread unrest in the squad, tell us what your source says!

Or are we starting up the "Lee Mair-Gate" shit stirring again, to try and push the new manager out, just like the tried with Danny..?

And these people call themselves supporters!

You are an absolute fruitcake.

Of course you were :lol:

Supports = customers. That is business. Without customers businesses don't exist. Pretty basis stuff

Shareholders = owners of business. Without shareholders there is no business.

Directors do not have to be shareholders or vice versa.

If 51.25% of shareholders wish to club together in order to make it more attractive to sell their shares then that is their prerogative.

As they own the shares.

As a customer if your not happy with the way the shareholders wish to sell the company or the manner that the BoD are running the company them stop shopping with them. That's your prerogative as a customer.

If your one of the other 48.75 % shareholders unhappy with the running of the club then take it up with the Board of Directors that have been voted by the shareholders. Alternatively if you believe that the BoD or the shareholders are doing anything that jeopardizes the club then please report them to Companies House as they are breaking the law.

Edited by Gruffalo