Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

If this is the case it does not explain why Alex Rae still has not appointed his assistant nearly one week after he took over the reins.

After the shambolic and unprofessional recruitment of Rae, surely the BoD are not now about to exacerbate the situation even further with regard to the assistant manager's post.

The new manager deserves the full support of the BoD in his efforts to get the club back on the rails.

Rae, Longwell and the supporters deserve better.

Come on now NSB....

When have this board ever made a hash of a simple appointment?

I wouldn't make any rash assumptions about that mate. It's not always as easy as just saying this is the guy who he wants and that's it. If Farrell is the choice then it will be up to him to agree a contract and terms with the board that suit both parties. The fact we are paying Murray for the next 3 months and possibly Spalding too might also be impacting on the budget that is available, genuinely don't know.

Rae needs an assistant, I can't believe there is any debate about that, and Longwell is not that man (unless we get another head of youth in).

Wrong agin on the first line.... It is that easy.... Unless you are The Infamous Five of managerial appointments?

I think there was some gamesmanship involved in the media soundbites regarding Alex Rae. It would be naive to think he trapped up for the first time on Friday morning, spoke to the board for an hour and was given the job and signed a contract that same morning.

The first time his name was mentioned was the day after Murray resigned, the bookies had him at 1/5 by the Weds. It was all a bit of a pantomime if you ask me. Either way it's not worth worrying about as it's done now.

Suffice to say the relationship between Alex, the board and Brian is absolutely fine, there are NO issues.

Sorry if that disappoints the doom-mongers.

Go on then wise one....tell us your source!

Alex Rae begs to differ in the national media,mare you set on ignoring our new manager?

Is it just me or do some of our support genuinely get a kick out of stirring up unrest. I couldn't give two f**ks if Alex Miller left with his lip trembling. The fact is he made it quite clear that he was not interested in taking the helm so we move on and Alex Rae quite rightly took up his position in the dugout with immediate effect.

I'm sure Davie Longwell can adequately perform a dual role with the development squad and assist AR while the club sort out the assistant appointment.

I dont think Div deserves that! He is only trying to piece together tittle tattle, inference and what the board want us to believe... ffs cut him some slack!

Div seems to be getting a lot of stick on tho thread and I don't understand why!

He's passed on some good info which we all know will have come from folk within the club.

If I were him and was getting this level of stick then I wouldn't bother!

He's only the messenger so no need to shoot him.

He does a great job running this website, particularly with it being full of dickheads, especially myself.

We should be grateful!

Div seems to be getting a lot of stick on tho thread and I don't understand why!

He's passed on some good info which we all know will have come from folk within the club.

If I were him and was getting this level of stick then I wouldn't bother!

He's only the messenger so no need to shoot him.

He does a great job running this website, particularly with it being full of dickheads, especially myself.

We should be grateful!

Hear, hear.....

Can you, or any of your altet ego's ask Div if its coming direct from Alex Rae?

Or has it all gone a bit 'Lee Mair'..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

You can prove this is the case can you ? people putting one and one together to make two is one thing that cannot be proven, you are posting the above as being the reason for Alex Rae stating that there are issues he needs to resolve and he will deal with that internally, when did he tell you that and why does he not tell the rest of the support ? when did Miller actually leave the club, was it before or after Rae made those comments ? if Miller departed before Saturday (reason why he was not in the dugout) why does Rae still have to deal with the issue, if it had already walked out of the door.

A wee statement from the club would be enough to clear this up (because we are all genuinely concerned that there appears to be unrest within the club already, less than a week into the new managers tenure) but we know we will not get that, all we have is speculation from people who have nothing to back it up with, yourself putting this post up and others putting one and one together are much the same, it is just tittle tattle and speculation and leaves us wondering when we will get any real sense of settlement.

I know you mean well Div but " i understand this is the case" does not help.

If we did away with "tittle tattle and speculation" there'd be nothing left on this forum.

If we did away with "tittle tattle and speculation" there'd be nothing left on this forum.

Oi you... I said this a few days ago... Idle speculation, tittle-tattle, attacks on the SNP and unhinged aliases with agendas....

If all that was done away with, what would be be left with? Oh shit... Dicko' and my crap puns. Sweet Jesus.

Edited by pozbaird

maybe Div should stop speculating and causing rumours, just let nature take its course and see what happens...

Why should Div do anything other than what everyone else on this site does?

People are free to make their own minds up about anything posted on here.

Dont bite mate that's what the fools want. 99% Know you are a top guy who does not bull Shit .

Been running this place for 13 and a half years now bud, will never let a couple of idiots and their petty agendas get the better of me !

Hope you, Bobbi and Cara have an amazing Christmas, hope to see you at a game big man !

Been running this place for 13 and a half years now bud, will never let a couple of idiots and their petty agendas get the better of me !

Hope you, Bobbi and Cara have an amazing Christmas, hope to see you at a game big man !

Oh aye, populating the site with all your mates and various assorted cheerleaders, yes-men, and handmaidens?

Boo....cliques, etc....BOO!

Same to you and the family. Will be there on Saturday.