Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

"Dont bite mate that's what the fools want. 99% Know you are a top guy who does not bull Shit ."

How many aliases do you have Div...lol

Seasons greetings Bud, have a good one

Cheers mate, you too.

Definitely long overdue a meet up with IronMan Mavis too, let's get that sorted in the new year :-)

Been running this place for 13 and a half years now bud, will never let a couple of idiots and their petty agendas get the better of me !

Hope you, Bobbi and Cara have an amazing Christmas, hope to see you at a game big man !

I am not (usually) an idiot, just sometimes post nonsense to gauge reaction and get some information that may not have been forthcoming otherwise.

New year resolution - keep off the forum on the same day after a defeat, and when just back from the Tile/Gabriel's/any boozer.

P.S. I do very much appreciate the forum and your efforts in keeping it running

Edited by buddiecat

Think you are correct about a share issue in 96. Too far back in time for me to remember! Would imagine that would have been the Earlie regime.

Did the BoD think that subsequent share issues would be any different?

Well, I think they thought that the post Brealey share issue would be different. The club was on the brink and I was at the AGM where the shareholders all enthusiastically said they would back a share issue. When push came to shove though, they didn't.

As for the share issue in 99/00, I don't think they did think it would be different. But they had no alternative in order to fund the new stand to get us into the SPL.

As for going into administration, I think the fear was that the ground, even without supermarket planning permission, was worth more than the debts. The land could have been sold to pay off the debts.

Not sure that such brinkmanship would have saved the club in its current state. History shows what happened to Third Lanark, Clydebank, Airdrieonians, Clyde and now Rangers.

To varying degrees, things have changed for ever for these clubs. Maybe St. Mirren would have continued but would we now be playing out of Firhill?

The BoD saved the club then went on to deliver a brand new stadium, clear the debt, get us training facilities and along the way, 10 years in the top flight and a major trophy.

I think they are entitled to try and get their money back for their shares if they can.

Perhaps.

For the second share issue I think they got a bit carried away with the applause at the meeting you refer to, it was always going to be a bit more difficult to get folk to actually part with their cash - they should have been highlighting the precariousness of the club's situation as often as possible but maybe that's in hindsight..................

I don't even remember being contacted for third issue maybe they felt it was more hassle than it was worth after the previous two.

I agree with you that the current regime have done well for the club at their own expense but to repeat myself it seems to me they would do better to cut their losses and get what they can now rather than see it diminish in value even further - and as they can't really cash in on the bricks and mortar that value is the sentiment we the fans hold for the club. Maybe you'd be willing to reinvest!

Worst new manager bounce in there first home game? Getting skelped at home by a managerless team below us in the league who are in dire financial difficulty.

We are in serious trouble this season.:-(

We've been in serious trouble since the end of March 2013. The club is in terminal decline. The appointment of Tommy Craig epitomised that, and we haven't recovered since.

Without regime change, I cannot see a turnaround. In the meantime, we are subjected to week after week of abysmal, turgid shite. Prior to the match, yesterday, I fully intended getting a ticket for the Thistle cup game, but not a chance now. Bugger that.

We've been in serious trouble since the end of March 2013. The club is in terminal decline. The appointment of Tommy Craig epitomised that, and we haven't recovered since.

Without regime change, I cannot see a turnaround. In the meantime, we are subjected to week after week of abysmal, turgid shite. Prior to the match, yesterday, I fully intended getting a ticket for the Thistle cup game, but not a chance now. Bugger that.

IMHO we are subject to a money go round, certain people share the same financial consultants or similar advisers and they are all helping each other to the detriment of our club, just my opinion. But when you see people defending the board no matter what, you have to ask why.

Was listening to Alex on the radio regarding worries he seen at training that these worries were carried into the game yesterday. Went on to say their is a lot of work to be done. I feel for the guy as we have too many poor quality players . Even when Thommo was out on the pitch yesterday they looked fed up while Lives sub's were all working hard. Really fear for us this season hope Alex can keep us in this league. He was out the dugout out the whole game screaming orders.

Rae is on a hiding to nothing - a bit like Teale last season. Brought in to try and get results with possibly the poorest squad ever assembled by a St Mirren manager. No money for replacements and will have to wheel and deal in January for scraps. Tough shift ahead. Although Rae was not my choice I hope he gets more support than Teale did.

Rae is on a hiding to nothing - a bit like Teale last season. Brought in to try and get results with possibly the poorest squad ever assembled by a St Mirren manager. No money for replacements and will have to wheel and deal in January for scraps. Tough shift ahead. Although Rae was not my choice I hope he gets more support than Teale did.

...and brought in just as the CEO departs. Who is handling affairs this coming transfer window?