Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Isn't our CEO here until February?

Right enough. I'm that used to us getting rid of managers and still paying them for months afterwards that I forgot a normal situation could actually occur at St Mirren. IE: An employee is working their notice. Only wish the players were working theirs.

IMHO we are subject to a money go round, certain people share the same financial consultants or similar advisers and they are all helping each other to the detriment of our club, just my opinion. But when you see people defending the board no matter what, you have to ask why.

Maybe some people just don't share the same opinion as you?

Maybe some people accept that the board have made many mistakes but also balance that against all the incredible achievements they can list during their time in the boardroom.

Maybe there is no weird conspiracy other than the one you and your wee pal like to make up to stir the shit?

Maybe some people accept that the board have made many mistakes but also balance that against all the incredible achievements they can list during their time in the boardroom.

Maybe there is no weird conspiracy other than the one you and your wee pal like to make up to stir the shit?

Some people most certainly don't share the same opinion as me, i accept that. Some people don't.

I have celebrated all the incredible achievements of our club during my lifetime. There has not been a balance in our fortunes in the past 2 seasons.

I am not stirring the shit i am voicing my opinion just like you are voicing yours, i may be wrong you may be wrong, it's a matter of opinion.

I am not stirring the shit i am voicing my opinion just like you are voicing yours, i may be wrong you may be wrong, it's a matter of opinion.

What purpose do posts like this serve then?

"IMHO we are subject to a money go round, certain people share the same financial consultants or similar advisers and they are all helping each other to the detriment of our club, just my opinion"

What does this even mean? Who are you referring to exactly?

I can certainly understand the fans frustrations. Yesterday was absolutely awful. You got the distinct impression players didn't care. Something is badly wrong. Yes we all appreciate what the Board have done.But at the AGM we were basically fobbed off. Stewart stated clearly they would take their time with the appointment and they had no inkling at that juncture who was in the frame. Yet within two days Alex is the front runner. I hope sincerely that he is a success. One would also assume they knew of Brian's imminent departure yet we were not given the opportunity to thank him for his services. I know that Stewart George Bryan and Alan want out and hopefully 2016 will be the year we have Buyers.Yesterday was really painful risking life and limb on the M8 only to be disappointed once again.Extremely hurtful for me residing in Livingston knowing their setup fairly well.Basically a team of journeymen and players like Pittman and Sheerin recently recruited from the junior ranks.They struggle to find proper training facilities and their finances are so bad they cannot always afford a team bus players like Buchanan have to augment their income with another job and of course they are without a manager Mark Burchilll who lives on our estate having recently lost his job. So really no excuses for yesterday our players are pampered with great training facilities lunch etc.Best of luck Alex you will certainly need it with our squad of duffers.

I

"IMHO we are subject to a money go round, certain people share the same financial consultants or similar advisers and they are all helping each other to the detriment of our club, just my opinion"

Div... with all due respect... when did posts on here ever have to "serve a purpose"?

It is an online playground for overgrown weans and keyboard warriors.

Once that is accepted, it can on occasion be fun... ... but purpose? Really?

It is an opinion, probably doesn't serve any good purpose, what it means is - like any business you have people who are favoured for positions even when they are not the best available choice for that position, this may be because of the you scratch my back i scratch yours scenario, works well if the people are good at what they do. The club is dropping like a stone due in part to questionable managerial and player appointments, i do not know who instigates or promotes the appointments of the dud players, inexperienced managers and assistants who have seen us drop to where we are (so i cannot name anyone), but i do know that a lot of people are dumbfounded by some of those choices. People can be recommended by anyone connected to the club, doesn't mean they are good recommendations and we have obviously been sold a few whoppers.

Edited by buddiecat

Maybe you are a walloper?

Just sayin like...

It is an opinion, probably doesn't serve any good purpose, what it means is - like any business you have people who are favoured for positions even when they are not the best available choice for that position, this may be because of the you scratch my back i scratch yours scenario, works well if the people are good at what they do. The club is dropping like a stone due in part to questionable managerial appointments, i do not know who instigates or promotes the appointments of the inexperienced managers and assistants who have seen us drop to where we are (so i cannot name anyone), but i do know that a lot of people are dumbfounded by those choices.

Crock of shit.

Go on Div.... Tell is what you know.

It always been reliable...hasn't it?

No... That is what appeasers of a failed regime say to the bitter end!

We are being run by a failed regime.

But I Expect you will be happy to repeat this to the posters face..?

Maybe even once!

Eh no need for that LPM, he is quite a burly chap and confrontations can get heated whistling.gif and i could end up in a ward full of those nurses that only Dickson can find.

are people forgetting it's St mirren supporters running the club. Yes they want to sell but not given up as many seem to think. These guys work hard to make the club work within a budget. You can't throw money at the team we don't have. I want to see new blood run the club as much as anyone else but know we are in safe hands until we do. Sorry could not make the pub. Kara and Bobbie decided not to go because of the weather so I took the car Div so no pub visit for me. Catch you another game.

Div... with all due respect... when did posts on here ever have to "serve a purpose"?

It is an online playground for overgrown weans and keyboard warriors.

Once that is accepted, it can on occasion be fun... ... but purpose? Really?

You are of course correct here, it is no more than an online playground, sometimes you get the odd bit of good info, sometimes you get people (like me on occasion) going OTT and raving about a load of nonsense, then people disagree and i (personally) look at what has been typed in reply and learn from it (on occasion). Nobody is right all the time although some believe they are and others believe anything their favourite person/persons type. If it was a deadly serious forum where everyone agreed with everyone else there would maybe be about 5 or 6 on it.

Anyway not long until my new year resolution to shut the feck up kicks in, then maybe i can regain some of my sanity.

You are of course correct here, it is no more than an online playground, sometimes you get the odd bit of good info, sometimes you get people (like me on occasion) going OTT and raving about a load of nonsense, then people disagree and i (personally) look at what has been typed in reply and learn from it (on occasion). Nobody is right all the time although some believe they are and others believe anything their favourite person/persons type. If it was a deadly serious forum where everyone agreed with everyone else there would maybe be about 5 or 6 on it.

Anyway not long until my new year resolution to shut the feck up kicks in, then maybe i can regain some of my sanity.

yeah i tried that new years resolution once.

look how i turned out.

If the forum owner and his mates don't like other opinions, then perhaps that should be in the Forum Rules, we would all know, and could elect to voice these "Alternative" opinions elsewhere..? Everyones A Winner baby.

The board of the club are wholly responsible for wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds of OUR hard earned on a string of senseless managerial appointments!

To keep trotting out "but they are good guys, whom without there would be no club" is now frankly quite pathetic, and I would suggest demeaning to what they actually achieved!

The consortium boxed themselves in a corner by shutting out nearly half the shareholders of the club!

Since then their decision making process has been based on one aim, and one aim only. That being to enable Five people to sell control of the club to A. N. Other.....

No one forced them to buy into the club, despite what you may hear!

No one forced them to shut out nearly half the shareholders!

But for reasons that defy logic the support are supposed to continue providing them with funds to quite frankly fritter away on a never ending series of Bad decisions because.....?

Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Ian Murray did not appoint themselves!

Gus and Danny did not elect to end their respective reins with the club!

Only five people are responsible, and they colluded to ensure that would be the case, now some would have you feel sorry for them..?

wow, that really spiked you.

I find it interesting you can find some accommodation for the board's mistakes because of their successes, but could find none for Danny Lennon