Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Someone 'ITK' has been telling all and sundry that Rae is the man and to get betting on it. That someone is a close relative of one of the players at the club.

That's why Rae's went to odds on, there's been a tonne of money put on it.

Whether he is the man or not I have no idea. It certainly flies in the face of what the BOD said on Monday, and indeed what Rae himself said on the radio last night.

Just need to wait and see I guess.

If I'm honest then I would have to admit that I have concerns about his appointment, but it's a gamble when you appoint any manager. The BOD are in a no win situation as whoever they do appoint then it won't please everyone.

Regardless of what we might think about his ability to do the job, we must give him our support as its vital we unite as one and support the club through this relegation battle.

Absolutely. There is no obvious perfect answer here.

Having thougth about it my own personal preference would have been to get the two Jimmy's in until the end of the season with the remit of kicking some arse and getting us as high up the Championship table as possible. Then we could review things in the summer. If that has went well, then they get another years contract, if it's not gone well we shake hands and we look for a long term appointment.

Right now we need experience, and someone who can wheel and deal in January, and I think Calderwood fits that bill better than anyone else I can come up with whilst Jimmy Nic on the training ground has bags and bags of experience.

Someone 'ITK' has been telling all and sundry that Rae is the man and to get betting on it. That someone is a close relative of one of the players at the club.

Whether he is the man or not I have no idea. It certainly flies in the face of what the BOD said on Monday, and indeed what Rae himself said on the radio last night.

I wonder if the ITK person is related to a bookie....

He (Rae) has more to loss than the last one (Craig), who was only wanting to top up his pension.

Trying to put a positive spin on Rae he's maybe applied for a number of managerial positions but been unsuccessful, that he's allegedly in the running for the Saints job probably says more about the state we're in than it does about Rae. Rae's only 46 so is probably looking for another 15-20 years in the game rather than Craig who was never likely to stay beyond his first contract.

Trying to put a positive spin on Rae he's maybe applied for a number of managerial positions but been unsuccessful, that he's allegedly in the running for the Saints job probably says more about the state we're in than it does about Rae. Rae's only 46 so is probably looking for another 15-20 years in the game rather than Craig who was never likely to stay beyond his first contract.

He could also have been wanting more experience coaching under experienced managers. Who knows.

ISorry but whats wrong with a Glaswegian supporting his local team, dont get it.

I don't have an issue with him supporting his local team it's just Usually if your looking to become a manager and tout yourself for jobs you would keep your personal team allegiances quiet rather than talk about his undying love for them at every opportunity .... Edited by gazmc83

Absolutely. There is no obvious perfect answer here.

Having thougth about it my own personal preference would have been to get the two Jimmy's in until the end of the season with the remit of kicking some arse and getting us as high up the Championship table as possible. Then we could review things in the summer. If that has went well, then they get another years contract, if it's not gone well we shake hands and we look for a long term appointment.

Right now we need experience, and someone who can wheel and deal in January, and I think Calderwood fits that bill better than anyone else I can come up with whilst Jimmy Nic on the training ground has bags and bags of experience.

^^^this^^^^

it can only be this now, then take it from there.................as and when

Will give any new manager support.

Yup, thats a given afaiac.

Murray included, as per TC before that, then Teale.

Its not as if they come in to NOT DO A GOOD JOB. This is the thing about football managers, their ego and their belief is that they see a club and think , yup , that's for me I can take that on and improve it.

Unfortunately it rarely throws up circumstances that blends like the short Hendrie or Gus spells..........

Irrespective of who is up next, they'll get the support for a time, its unconditional, except of course for..................***%%£$$&^***

whistling.gif

Last year a first team players dad had everyone sticking money on Barry Ferguson as it was a done deal.

I hope it's Calderwood, his record of drastically improving clubs win ratio after a mid season appointment is excellent.

Exactly what we need.

Edited by davidg

Last year a first team players dad had everyone sticking money on Barry Ferguson as it was a done deal.

I hope it's Calderwood, his record of drastically improving clubs win ratio after a mid season appointment is excellent.

Exactly what we need.

Exactly what we need.

If Rae gets it I'll eat my charcoal grey , pork pie hat and even the feather. .zorro.gif

Must be "Jimmy two-times" Calderwood. .