Brian Caldwell Quits. New Ceo Required

Real shame to lose Brian as he has worked tirelessly over the years for the club, trying his level best to improve things on and off the park and operating within a very hardh environment where ever penny is a prisoner.

Sure he will be a big asset at his new club.

Still, change is always an opportunity and now we get a new manager, and a new Chief Exec, and maybe at some point in our lifetime, new owners.

New people, with new ideas and new energy.

Amazing how he seems to have got off scot free during all this while everyone else from the BOD to the assistant manager to the players get peters.

For me he's as culpable as all of them for the performance this season and I'm glad he's going.

New GM and new manager, fresh ideas all round.

Real shame to lose Brian as he has worked tirelessly over the years for the club, trying his level best to improve things on and off the park and operating within a very hardh environment where ever penny is a prisoner.

Sure he will be a big asset at his new club.

Still, change is always an opportunity and now we get a new manager, and a new Chief Exec, and maybe at some point in our lifetime, new owners.

New people, with new ideas and new energy.

Or someone will be promoted from within on an interim till sale of the club. Dark days ahead at the club in every aspect now.

Amazing how he seems to have got off scot free during all this while everyone else from the BOD to the assistant manager to the players get peters.

For me he's as culpable as all of them for the performance this season and I'm glad he's going.

New GM and new manager, fresh ideas all round.

I have mixed feelings on Caldwell, but would worry as to who the current BoD will bring in to replace him. I reckon they'll give Campbell Kennedy the gig going on recent form....

Or someone will be promoted from within on an interim till sale of the club. Dark days ahead at the club in every aspect now.

We don't have anyone to promote - I don't think we have many staff at the club away from the playing side of things, which is part of the problem when it comes to generate cash from non-footballing activities.

St Mirren FC require.... first team manager, first team assistant, chief executive officer, and some cnut to buy the club. Ability to play centre forward desireable but not essential, as training (up to 80 minutes) will be provided.

Please send your CV in the first instance to....

Edited by pozbaird

An enthusiastic board of directors and his position may not be needed and that could free money for players.

The problem being though the less than enthusiastic BOD and how many other championship clubs have CEOs

Our BOD all have full time jobs away from football. It's not do with lack of enthusiasm, it's lack of time, you can't expect them to do two full time jobs?

Our club requires a full time employee to manage the whole operation on a day to day basis.

That was Caldwell.

There were rumblings on twitter last week from Partick Thistle fans who seemed to think Ian Maxwell might be coming to St.Mirren.

That kind of makes sense but not sure why he'd leave a Premiership club to come to us.

The man himself retweeted a tweet about that which said ' Must be a wind up '

Must be then.