John Sutton

Stu

If we are bringing back Mehmet and Sutton we may as well be done with it and just admit Gus is the best manager we've had in a long time, and bring him back to get us back out of this hole.

I'm sure BillyG would be delighted with that thumbup2.gif

Gus wouldn't play Mehmet or Sutton , he would leave them out of the starting 11 like he did in clubs most important game in years ! bangin.gif

I remember he picked the ball , beat 3 players with his lighting place .

Unfortunately I think he was going that fast he carried on running over the bye line with no defenders near him .

4 games later he was gone .

He' s probably still running to this day !

oh that game he won to keep us up and prob one of the best games I've ever experienced terrible from gus

Sorry but to start a match we had to win with Alex Burke and Stewart Kean on the pitch and Mehmet and Sutton on the bench was a woeful decision.

He didn't even make the changes required when we were 1-0 down at half time and it was only when it went 2-0 and he had no option but to gamble that he went for it.

No doubt in Gus's mind a point would have been acceptable but we would have been relying on other results going our way then.

So yes, it was a fantastic day in the end but let's not kid ourselves that there was any managerial genius at play.

Sorry but to start a match we had to win with Alex Burke and Stewart Kean on the pitch and Mehmet and Sutton on the bench was a woeful decision.

He didn't even make the changes required when we were 1-0 down at half time and it was only when it went 2-0 and he had no option but to gamble that he went for it.

No doubt in Gus's mind a point would have been acceptable but we would have been relying on other results going our way then.

So yes, it was a fantastic day in the end but let's not kid ourselves that there was any managerial genius at play.

Motherwell scored just before ht then just after ht straight after gus made the changes that won us the game fact.

Who's knows if gus started with mehmet and Sutton would we still of won that game rather than come on to make an impact all I do know is gus did a great job for us with his time in charge.

Motherwell scored just before ht then just after ht straight after gus made the changes that won us the game fact.

Who's knows if gus started with mehmet and Sutton would we still of won that game rather than come on to make an impact all I do know is gus did a great job for us with his time in charge.

Indeed. Playing Dorman upfront at Grangemouth in another crucial match, was another stroke of genius. He knew how to dig us out of the grubber . . Cup finals were another matter entirely. .

We were utter shite the whole first half.

Within 10 minutes of Mehmet and Sutton coming on we had scored 2 goals.

That would tend to suggest to me we were better with them playing than warming the bench, making it more likely that we would win the longer they were on the pitch.

Perhaps if they had started we would never have been 2-0 down and there would have been no need to change the team.

It's certainly more plausible than suggesting we wouldn't have won the game if they had started.

You're right no one can say for sure but on the balance of probabilities.....

While I'm loathe to wade into a riveting debate about team selection for a game more than eight years ago, it's worth pointing out the team that started at Fir Park had beaten Dundee United at Tannadice the week before. Seems fair enough sticking with the same side.

While I'm loathe to wade into a riveting debate about team selection for a game more than eight years ago, it's worth pointing out the team that started at Fir Park had beaten Dundee United at Tannadice the week before. Seems fair enough sticking with the same side.

Indeed.

Gus had taken us from fighting relegation to the second division into the SPL and kept us up!

He signed both Sutton & Mehmet, we won Tha game, they both scored!

Yet folk are having a go about it?

Gus is an arrogant fanny , end of ! If he hadn't allowed himself , in his own eyes , to become bigger than the club itself , then he would probably still be here or have moved onto a much bigger job ! He's plumbing the depths at QP due to his own ego , more than anything else !

We were utter shite the whole first half.

Within 10 minutes of Mehmet and Sutton coming on we had scored 2 goals.

That would tend to suggest to me we were better with them playing than warming the bench, making it more likely that we would win the longer they were on the pitch.

Perhaps if they had started we would never have been 2-0 down and there would have been no need to change the team.

It's certainly more plausible than suggesting we wouldn't have won the game if they had started.

You're right no one can say for sure but on the balance of probabilities.....

One of the remarkable things about the game was that saints came back from being two goals down to win the game, something we didn't often do , even back in those days. .

Sutton's first almost trickled into the net by reason of the sand or maybe , we fans drew it into the net with our combined intention . .

I believe that in the game that Stu mentions at Fannydice , that Broadfoot dragged us into the game and was very instrumental in the victory, as he was at Poundland that day as well . He was certainly a Captain. .

As for wee Anxious, maybe he was arrogant but credit where credit is due , he did the job for us that day even though he was coping with the fact that his dad was dying which was one of the reasons for a very emotional interview at the end of the match with wee Chick. .