Am I Just An Old Cynic ? League Reconstruction

It deeply disturbs me that there seems to be growing lobby for a 16 team (which I am in favour of btw) We all remember when Aberdeen were saved by changing to a 12 team league.

well take a look at the top league now,surprise surprise,who's languishing at the bottom-- Yes another one of the evil cabal Dundee Utd.

Is this Just in case Rangers and Hibs don't go up.

All in the name of sporting integrity eh Mr Doncaster ,Mr Lawwell and the rest of the quislings

10, 12, 14, 16, 18..... who really gives a shit. Shuffle the numbers around all you like, Celtic will still be the only club able to win the league, and sign all the other club's best players... See Cifci, Mackay-Steven, Armstrong, Allan....

No strength in depth, no challengers to the one remaining big club, and the dead club about to make it back like a zombie in a Michael Jackson video? The rest of us scraping around merely trying to survive without doing a Gretna. Meanwhile, cnuts like Doncaster rumble on, gurning like a glaikit' big fanny every season trumpeting his latest low-rent, short-term sponsorship deal that comes in at thruppence ha'penny and a half-chewed packet of Hubba Bubba.

Have any number of teams in the divisions you want, it really won't make a flying fcuk of a difference. I fell out of love with Scottish football round about the time of the dead club implosion. That's when it was shown up clearly for the sham it is.

Yo, ho, ho, Merry Christmas.

Are you just an old cynic - probably not.

Who can forget the 90/91 season when Hibs looked doomed and relegation was suspended only for us to go on an extended losing run and snatch bottom place - one of my proudest moments as a Saints fan!

After wasting a fortune on Archibald and Victor to try to stave off relegation....

It deeply disturbs me that there seems to be growing lobby for a 16 team (which I am in favour of btw) We all remember when Aberdeen were saved by changing to a 12 team league.

well take a look at the top league now,surprise surprise,who's languishing at the bottom-- Yes another one of the evil cabal Dundee Utd.

Is this Just in case Rangers and Hibs don't go up.

All in the name of sporting integrity eh Mr Doncaster ,Mr Lawwell and the rest of the quislings

Sorry Eaglesham Saint but I think Poz has beaten you to the 'Old Cynic' trophy for this season :)

A 16 team league, 30 league fixtures, one home and one away fixture against opposing teams, that's it please.

Drop gate prices, put quota on imported players, must have at least three academy playing from start of game, apply a wage cap , with performance incentives in players contracts only triggered after three successive wins.

Games to be played at 3pm on a Saturday. Season ticket customers to be given a complimentary scarf upon collecting ST, a free bovril and a pie at every home game ( healthy choice alternate options are unlikely to be available ).

It should be the above, but we all know, that just aint ever gonna happen, well, so says the cynic in me.

10, 12, 14, 16, 18..... who really gives a shit. Shuffle the numbers around all you like, Celtic will still be the only club able to win the league, and sign all the other club's best players... See Cifci, Mackay-Steven, Armstrong, Allan....

No strength in depth, no challengers to the one remaining big club, and the dead club about to make it back like a zombie in a Michael Jackson video? The rest of us scraping around merely trying to survive without doing a Gretna. Meanwhile, cnuts like Doncaster rumble on, gurning like a glaikit' big fanny every season trumpeting his latest low-rent, short-term sponsorship deal that comes in at thruppence ha'penny and a half-chewed packet of Hubba Bubba.

Have any number of teams in the divisions you want, it really won't make a flying fcuk of a difference. I fell out of love with Scottish football round about the time of the dead club implosion. That's when it was shown up clearly for the sham it is.

Brilliant Div. Merry Christmas to you too. Laughed a lot at your rant, but can't find fault in anything you said

A 16 team league, 30 league fixtures, one home and one away fixture against opposing teams, that's it please.

Drop gate prices, put quota on imported players, must have at least three academy playing from start of game, apply a wage cap , with performance incentives in players contracts only triggered after three successive wins.

Games to be played at 3pm on a Saturday. Season ticket customers to be given a complimentary scarf upon collecting ST, a free bovril and a pie at every home game ( healthy choice alternate options are unlikely to be available ).

It should be the above, but we all know, that just aint ever gonna happen, well, so says the cynic in me.

16 team league with 30 games and playing each other twice will never ever happen.

And while fans say they would like it, the reality is that attendances and money paid at the gate is somewhat different (ie, what fans actually will turn out for and what they will actually pay).

Fans *say* they want a 16 team league.

What fans *really* want is a 10/12 team league and playing each other 3/4 times.

A more attractive TV deal may come out of an extended league, therefore giving other teams a better chance of strengthening. I know Aberdeen fell away last season, though I dont think they are far away from challenging.

A 16 team league falls short on fixtures, unless they keep the existing split after 30 games. An 18 team league 34 games a season doesnt sound too bad.

16 team league with 30 games and playing each other twice will never ever happen.

And while fans say they would like it, the reality is that attendances and money paid at the gate is somewhat different (ie, what fans actually will turn out for and what they will actually pay).

Fans *say* they want a 16 team league.

What fans *really* want is a 10/12 team league and playing each other 3/4 times.

Thanks Neil... I feel ejukated now.

Any chance of more TV deals and last minute fixture changes?

A more attractive TV deal may come out of an extended league, therefore giving other teams a better chance of strengthening. I know Aberdeen fell away last season, though I dont think they are far away from challenging.

A 16 team league falls short on fixtures, unless they keep the existing split after 30 games. An 18 team league 34 games a season doesnt sound too bad.

The only increased deal that Doncaster and co would be interested in would be for games involving the bigot brothers. No-one else ever benefits. Remember the deal that gave Rangers(deceased) and their business partners 30% each and the rest 4% each? He claimed that was good for the game

The only increased deal that Doncaster and co would be interested in would be for games involving the bigot brothers. No-one else ever benefits. Remember the deal that gave Rangers(deceased) and their business partners 30% each and the rest 4% each? He claimed that was good for the game

I really don't think clubs would bend over this time for Celtic and Sevco, especially the latter who still seem to have all the drive from the tv deal in the championship.

Yes, both will continue to get more games, though they need to spread the share across all teams regardless of the amount of games the rest of the league get on tv.

I really don't think clubs would bend over this time for Celtic and Sevco, especially the latter who still seem to have all the drive from the tv deal in the championship.

Yes, both will continue to get more games, though they need to spread the share across all teams regardless of the amount of games the rest of the league get on tv.

The Chairmen at clubs like Aberdeen would vote for any deal which gave them a few bob more, even if that meant Celtic and Sevco getting 10 times as much. I despair about those in charge. Armageddon Doncaster has done more to downplay the game here than anyone else, but remains in charge.

One league with 2 teams, Celtic and Sevco.

No relegation or promotion.

2 regionalised leagues of 20 teams.

No relegation or promotion.

Top 4 from each of the regionalised leagues go into a home and away knockout competition to decide the champions.

Sorted.

Edited by davidg

Where did this come from?

Why has it been brought up presently?

Leagues seem fine especially with the Play Offs and the Pyramid System.

Leave it alone.

Cause Dundee Utd are bottom of the league, Kilmarnock are second bottom and there are no guarantees Hibs and Rangers will both get back up.

Simples.

ETA

Call me cynical but there's a thread already running ya trumpet.

Edited by Kendo