The Alex Rae And David Farrell Appreciation Thread

shull

6 minutes ago, saintstroller said:

Yes we are out of the cup but what would you rather have.

A good cup run with an poor performance in the league finishing below the playoffs

OR

Out the cup early with a really good performance in the league getting into the play offs with the chance of going up

Going out of the LC at this stage doesn't guarantee us getting into the play-offs - unless you've made a pact with the devil. :whistle

Going out of the LC at this stage doesn't guarantee us getting into the play-offs - unless you've made a pact with the devil. :whistle

I know it doesn't but it means we have less games to play in a short space of time. So the players should get adequate rest and will should be fresher coming out against an opponent that are still in the cups.

Could maybe work to our advantage

23 minutes ago, saintstroller said:

Yes we are out of the cup but what would you rather have.

A good cup run with an poor performance in the league finishing below the playoffs

OR

Out the cup early with a really good performance in the league getting into the play offs with the chance of going up

FORFUXSAKE!!!!! 

Cup Runs are shite unless we win it. 

I want Cup Final victory. 

I also want League Championship victory. 

THERE IS NO f**kING " OR "

Most of the Forum is pished today. 

17 minutes ago, saintstroller said:

I know it doesn't but it means we have less games to play in a short space of time. So the players should get adequate rest and will should be fresher coming out against an opponent that are still in the cups.

Could maybe work to our advantage

Fresh shite 

Tired shite 

Just shite 

Edited by shull

4 hours ago, Stu said:

A few folk on here are only one draw away from starting a fundraising campaign to hire a plan with a "Rae must go" banner to fly over Greenhill Road :lol:

Lose next week and the meltdown on here will make Chernobyl look like a minor health and safety breach.

FORFUXSAKE!!!!! 

Cup Runs are shite unless we win it. 

I want Cup Final victory. 

I also want League Championship victory. 

THERE IS NO f**kING " OR "

Most of the Forum is pished today. 

I'm sober and all I will say is that I was disappointed we couldn't get the fourth goal as we were more than capable... But all in all I am encouraged by our pre season efforts and the managers battlecry.

I am even more encouraged by seeing our fine players in that rather splendid St Mirren strip which has fast become a favourite of mine.

Great strip.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

34 minutes ago, shull said:

Jesus wept again 

The Forum has overdosed. 

THE LEAGUE CUP AIN'T PRE SEASON 

FFS :lol:

we won three out of four games on out pre-league season whilst blooding young players like Morgan and Stewart... giving our reserve keeper a run out, and giving game time to a number of players... ... all the while sporting a shiny new classy strip!

Jesus stopped weeping... sniggered... read your posts then recommenced weeping!!!

its still far too early to judge Rae, now he has assembled his own squad, we can see what he's made off. so far my only criticism is that he doesn't seem to try anything different. On Saturday we were chasing a goal for 60 minutes and instead of going for it he changed a winger for a winger and took off both strikers to replace them with strikers. I felt he could have left another attacking option on and sacrificed one from the back as they were offering nothing going forward.

come saturday we will see where we are at. we have been far from convincing in pre season but now its time to show what these players can do

On 31 July 2016 at 0:25 PM, Stu said:

A few folk on here are only one draw away from starting a fundraising campaign to hire a plan with a "Rae must go" banner to fly over Greenhill Road :lol:

Since when did plans become so expensive that you had to have fundraisers to just hire a plan? :o

pencil, back o a fag-packet.  Bosh!

1 hour ago, Port Saint said:

It was this season. Didn't play any games because the cup was so early.

No it wasn't. 

Not one of the Scottish League Cup Matches was a Pre Season Friendly. 

If we weren't ready for League Cup Matches that is Alex Rae and David Farrells fault. 

Next Season they will need to prepare better by getting the very unprofessional players into Training a couple of weeks earlier.