The Alex Rae And David Farrell Appreciation Thread

shull

3 hours ago, shull said:

No it wasn't. 

Not one of the Scottish League Cup Matches was a Pre Season Friendly. 

If we weren't ready for League Cup Matches that is Alex Rae and David Farrells fault. 

Next Season they will need to prepare better by getting the very unprofessional players into Training a couple of weeks earlier. 

Next year might be a different story. But this year it wiz.

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Win three games lose one and Saints fans in melt down. Ha ha ha !

We got knocked out a Cup that we really shouldn't have got knocked out from. 

We made an absolute balls of the Match against Edinburgh City. 

f**king shameful. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

We got knocked out a Cup that we really shouldn't have got knocked out from. 

We made an absolute balls of the Match against Edinburgh City. 

f**king shameful. 

It was not edinburgh city game the ultimatley done us in my opinion its was the ayr games only winning 1 nil and then the calamity defending at hamilton albeit they are a premier league team but scoring 1 or conceding 1 less would hqve put us through. Against edinburgh we played decent football in the first half but it looked like they learned their lesson for 2nd half cutting out mallans freedom and defending deeper and in better numbers to stop the crosses from walsh and morgan 

When our LC group was announced any fan with an ounce of sense would have called the final placings as Accies, Saints, Ayr, Livi and Embra City.

Therefore, the minimum level of achievement should have been a 2nd place finish. We failed to achieve that.

Thereafter, qualification was a wee but of a lottery for those clubs finishing second. However, we finished our group games against, arguably, the weakest side in the tournament and knew exactly what was required in terms of goals. We failed to score enough against City.

Therefore, all in all, an unmitigated shambles in a tournament that we won 3 years ago.

We are not a big enough club to start dismissing cup football as nothing more than a collection of pre-season friendlies.

Unmitigated shambles?

If you are classing our 2016/17 League Cup campaign as this, you can't have been following Saints for very long. That isn't in the same league (pun unintended) as some of the shambolic affairs we've been subjected to.

As I was driving away from the Stadium on Saturday, I did say to myself,  " what an unmitigated shambles "

I was f**king fuming just like I was in 2006, driving up the M74 from the Cup Tie at Raydale Park. 

27 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

When our LC group was announced any fan with an ounce of sense would have called the final placings as Accies, Saints, Ayr, Livi and Embra City.

Based on that logic we didn't under-achieve in the LC. We lost to Accies (as your predicted finishing order would suggest) and we beat the other three.

Ayr over-achieved by beating Accies on day 1. Accies under-achieved by only winning the table on goal difference.

Hardly a crisis at this stage.

45 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

Therefore, the minimum level of achievement should have been a 2nd place finish. We failed to achieve that.

Thereafter, qualification was a wee but of a lottery for those clubs finishing second. However, we finished our group games against, arguably, the weakest side in the tournament and knew exactly what was required in terms of goals. We failed to score enough against City.

Therefore, all in all, an unmitigated shambles in a tournament that we won 3 years ago.

We are not a big enough club to start dismissing cup football as nothing more than a collection of pre-season friendlies.

The result which upset the balance of the group was Ayr's victory against Hamilton which ultimately lead to the three-way tie on 9 pts. This was compounded by the 3 goal defeat to Hamilton - the equal biggest of Rae & Farrell's tenure.

The disappointing aspect of the EC scoreline was that it could have been a lot more and when things stalled in the second half the players weren't able to raise their game and the management weren't able to change tactics merely making like-for-like substitutions.

Disappointing sure but not a unmitigated shambles.

Going into the league season it's worrying because no doubt we'll be have to "chase the game" at various points during the league campaign and if we couldn't manage it against EC then how are we gonna manage it against stronger opposition? 

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Why don't you start your own forum where you can start shite threads and post shite on them until your hearts content and give the rest of us some peace?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Black & White Army mobile app

Booooooooooo Jimmy :byebye

And leave this Forum to you with your original and entertaining input. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The result which upset the balance of the group was Ayr's victory against Hamilton which ultimately lead to the three-way tie on 9 pts. This was compounded by the 3 goal defeat to Hamilton - the equal biggest of Rae & Farrell's tenure.

The disappointing aspect of the EC scoreline was that it could have been a lot more and when things stalled in the second half the players weren't able to raise their game and the management weren't able to change tactics merely making like-for-like substitutions.

Disappointing sure but not a unmitigated shambles.

Going into the league season it's worrying because no doubt we'll be have to "chase the game" at various points during the league campaign and if we couldn't manage it against EC then how are we gonna manage it against stronger opposition? 

One off game and you could levy this at Falkirk, Raith, Killie, Ross County and Celtic who all lost against lower league teams. We are not the finished article and can only pee with the cock we have - dealing in bargain basement and bringing on our own young players and can't or we are not able to compete wage wise with clubs our own size without going into debt. Saturday was disappointing but as Celtic found out against East Kilbride you cannot take any game for granted or predict a high scoring win. Btw Hamilton, Ayr and Livvie didn't hammer Edinburgh.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

What an utterly stupid statement. 1 more goal for us in ANY of the four games would have seen us through.

Scoring 50 goals v Livingston would not have seen us qualify after only one Match. 

Scoring 1 more goal against the Edinburgh part timers would have seen us in the Draw. 

Bottled it. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Scoring 50 goals v Livingston would not have seen us qualify after only one Match. 

Scoring 1 more goal against the Edinburgh part timers would have seen us in the Draw. 

Bottled it. 

When do think you'll be able to move on from this result ? 

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Bottled it. 

Yep. Isolate one game for your own agenda.

In the words of smokie......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, munoz said:

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Yep. Isolate one game for your own agenda.

In the words of smokie......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was the last game and we needed one more goal. 

Edited by shull

21 minutes ago, munoz said:

When do think you'll be able to move on from this result ? 

I have been trying. 

Unfortunately the dafties keep replying with nonsensical statements and questions. 

They even call my content shite but they read every f**king word and ask for more. :lol:

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Which we wouldn't have needed if we put more past the other opponents.

Knowing us we would have scored elsewhere in the Group then lost or drew with Edinburgh City. 

WE MADE AN ABSOLUTE ARSE OF IT 

But we'll still win the League. 

26 minutes ago, shull said:

I have been trying. 

Unfortunately the dafties keep replying with nonsensical statements and questions. 

They even call my content shite but they read every f**king word and ask for more. :lol:

We would probably have lost in next round anyhow . 

Yes it's a sore one , but for me the league is far more important . 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Booooooooooo Jimmy :byebye

And leave this Forum to you with your original and entertaining input. :lol:

24,286 posts of total crap and that's after tens of thousands shite posts were removed recently.

B&W was a total abortion until a couple of years ago then it vastly improved until you started with your utter pish.

For that reason i'm out.