The Alex Rae And David Farrell Appreciation Thread

shull

Isn't that what Tommy Craig said a while back when he showed us "The White Paper" of transfer targets we missed out on which resulted in us getting duds like

Caldwell & Ball.

I'd like to see the club go for Liam Buchanan from Livi. Proven Goalscorer and we will probably have a better chance of signing him if Livi go down.

We went for him last season he didn't want to come through here.

The hard work starts now for Rae as Fergie says it's your signings that make or break you

Craig and Murray signings were poor and smelt of panic as their targets went elsewhere

Let's hope Rae keeps a clear head as no doubt his preferred targets will go elsewhere but similar players will still be out there

Personally I'm delighted Rae is our manager.

He said he would have to address the results at home and also added that it would not necessarily be pretty football.

He said we need to first turn defeats into draws and the draws into wins to return the feel good factor at home.Im happy with the results and points gained at home since he came in.

He kept us away from the danger zone as was his remit, so I'm really looking forward to next season with renewed optimism as a direct result of him being our manager.

He has delivered what he said, so let's see what next full season brings.

Can't wait to be honest after recent miserable seasons I think we may enjoy it next season :)

He said he would have to address the results at home and also added that it would not necessarily be pretty football.

He said we need to first turn defeats into draws and the draws into wins to return the feel good factor at home.Im happy with the results and points gained at home since he came in.

He kept us away from the danger zone as was his remit, so I'm really looking forward to next season with renewed optimism as a direct result of him being our manager.

He has delivered what he said, so let's see what next full season brings.

Can't wait to be honest after recent miserable seasons I think we may enjoy it next season smile.png

I'm convinced that , if Rae had been here since the season kicked off we wouldn't have half the duds we do have and we would mostly likely be looking forward to the play-offs now. .

The abuse I have received on here from Mr Faraway is beneath contempt. There is no need for outpourings like that. I understand that your vocabulary is limited but please restrict your language.

He is a shocker.

The abuse I have received on here from Mr Faraway is beneath contempt. There is no need for outpourings like that. I understand that your vocabulary is limited but please restrict your language.

Yes for a fellow supporter there sure are some on here that just like to abuse, when its not called for. Saints score we all jump up and down.

So let me disagree with you in an adult fashion.

Saints have always had ambition, Stadium, Top League status, League Final Finalists and Winners and in the last 7 years.

As Ross County , Caley, Accies and even Thistle have shown ambition needs investment. Our BOD needs refreshing, but they have achieved in their past.

We are ALL supporters, we all believe Saints will get back to SPL, we just could not take that next step.

I will tell you a team that has NO ambition, no fight, no desire, no plan and a f""ing disgrace to its support- DUNDEE UTD. That's not us!!!!

Can't wait to be honest after recent miserable seasons I think we may enjoy it next season smile.png

Although there has been some improvement under Rae, it is minimal to say the least.

We have climbed a whole 1 place in the league since then, leapfrogging the mighty Dumbarton.

We currently sit above three teams in the league who are all part time. Given the facilities we have, it would really be hard to be doing any worse.

It's been a disaster of a season, for which Murray must take most of the blame. However Rae has had a transfer window and has been in charge of the team for more games than Murray but the team are hardly flying.

To sum up I'd say Rae's done an average job to date, no better or worse than could reasonably be expected.

Can he lift the performance of the team to challenge for promotion next year? I'd say the jury's still out, but there's been precious little so far to indicate that it's likely.

Although there has been some improvement under Rae, it is minimal to say the least.

We have climbed a whole 1 place in the league since then, leapfrogging the mighty Dumbarton.

We currently sit above three teams in the league who are all part time. Given the facilities we have, it would really be hard to be doing any worse.

It's been a disaster of a season, for which Murray must take most of the blame. However Rae has had a transfer window and has been in charge of the team for more games than Murray but the team are hardly flying.

To sum up I'd say Rae's done an average job to date, no better or worse than could reasonably be expected.

Can he lift the performance of the team to challenge for promotion next year? I'd say the jury's still out, but there's been precious little so far to indicate that it's likely.

Let's give the guy a chance to bring his own players in and get a pre season under his belt before writing him off.

I appreciate your point of view and your comments but for me I've seen enough from January to have reason to be optimistic and I'd like to see what Rae, the back room team & newly assembled squad can achieve next season.

I think we will have a really good season ahead of us.

:)

The winter transfer window is very limited as most decent players are under contract so, added to little money available, Alex Rae was never going to bring in the quality needed. While we are 4th bottom just look at where we were when Murray fell on his sword. Any new manager was always going to have to work with what we had and, in that case, I think AR has done a decent job. Next season will be when he should be judged as it will likely compose of a lot of new players in the most competitive league in Scotland.

Can only guess you don't attend games ether that or you carry a big cross around with you if the latter then you are on the right forum and will go down well.

How was Rae supposed to get rid of all the players that had contracts until the end of the season?

Gow, Carswell, Agnew etc etc weren't his signings.

How was Rae supposed to get rid of all the players that had contracts until the end of the season?

Gow, Carswell, Agnew etc etc weren't his signings.

Before Rae was appointed ds10 was putting him down so his latest post is nothing more than him trying to convince himself he was right all along.

Nothing to see here. snore.gif

Edited by faraway saint

FFS give Alex Rae a chance. Under Mr Murray we were shite. I was totally suprised about AR when it came about and to yell u the truth I only wanted to make sure he kept us in the league.

AR delivered that so all you moaning face arses let the guy get on with job. We can only judge when the season kicks off. There eere so many wetting thier pants at Mr. Murray being the "man" well that fcuking worked out well did it not!

I think we can safely say he has turned around our fortunes at home as he listed as one of his priorities.

Playing at home with a real belief we can win for me is progress.

He said it might not be pretty, he was right, but at times it has also been good.

Roll on next season. :)

• 1 month later...