Will The Fans Return ?

munoz

Do you think with a new manager imminent , the stay away fans who refused to watch Murray's team will now return ?

Over the last 3 or 4 months , we must have lost a fair few .

I haven't missed many games but I avoided Dumbarton as I just couldn't face it.

I'll be at Alloa but I expect it will be a Miller/Langfield select. Boxing day, new gaffer, would be great to get our first home league win of the season and end a f**king horrendously bad year on a high before we face the soapless.

It's a labour of love following the Saints but what is great about our fans is that the majority stand by our team in good times and bad. Sure it's tough just now but we will bounce back - we have a cracking set up and have been underperforming. Let's get behind the new manager and the team and see where it takes us.

COYS !!

The appointment possibly could chase some fans away .

But , I'm pretty sure if results turn around , they will be back .

Unfortunately that's just how it is for some .

Spot on. The only thing that puts bums on seats is results.

You can play all the entertaining football in the world but the reality is that fans want to see a winning team first and foremost.

The appointment possibly could chase some fans away .

But , I'm pretty sure if results turn around , they will be back .

Unfortunately that's just how it is for some .

Always has been always will be.

A few defeats and there will be a raft of 'not going back till X happens' posts. A few wins and everyone will be happy.

Those fans are in the minority though, most go regardless of results.

Most fans go because they invested in a season ticket at the start of the season when we had positivity surrounding us with a new manager and the feeling for once we would be challenging at the top end for promotion or playoffs. That has been knocked for six now. How many of us given the chance now to renew our season ticket would do it?

The test will be the Scottish Cup game against Partick. Season tickets are not valid for this game so let's see what the home attendance is like and that will in the short term answer the question as to whether or not this appointment will bring people back.

With regards to next season and season ticket renewal that will depend on where we finish as I believe if trundle on the way we are season tickets will drop but if we manage mid table with some positive results the season tickets will stay the about the same level. The feeling will be with Rangers and possibly Hibs out the league and with a strong finish to the season last season it is ours for taking this year.

Being optimistic is dangerous being a St Mirren but I try to be as best as I can

Most fans go because they invested in a season ticket at the start of the season when we had positivity surrounding us with a new manager and the feeling for once we would be challenging at the top end for promotion or playoffs. That has been knocked for six now. How many of us given the chance now to renew our season ticket would do it?

The test will be the Scottish Cup game against Partick. Season tickets are not valid for this game so let's see what the home attendance is like and that will in the short term answer the question as to whether or not this appointment will bring people back.

With regards to next season and season ticket renewal that will depend on where we finish as I believe if trundle on the way we are season tickets will drop but if we manage mid table with some positive results the season tickets will stay the about the same level. The feeling will be with Rangers and possibly Hibs out the league and with a strong finish to the season last season it is ours for taking this year.

Being optimistic is dangerous being a St Mirren but I try to be as best as I can

Good post, but if Sevco and Hibs are out of the league, then that means the likes of Dundee United and Partick Thistle taking their place. Could also theorise that Alloa are replaced next season with a team on the up coming into the division (like Morton did), and this gives you another season where the second tier is every bit as hard to get out of again...

Relegation from the top flight was a disaster. No two ways about it. I predicted we'd be stuck here for five seasons minimum... before the whole stinking mess is cleaned out and a 'new' St Mirren can aim for a Tom Hendrie-esque run at it again.

As things stand, it's merely been the same old shite, just against different teams. What happened to the 'freshness' in playing different teams? What about the more exciting football? What about the possibility of 'winning more games as it won't be the perennial shitfest just to avoid relegation'?

Make no mistake, fasten seatbelts for another five plus years watching other clubs show us up with more professionalism, better organisation, and more dynamic leadership from the top.