Alex In The Dugout

Alex Rae says he will be in the Dugout on Saturday for the Alloa game that he only signed 20 mins ago but after the interview he's going to Ralston to help plan for Alloa that he's hands on with the player's!

he also mentions that he's been to a few games and has done his research. He also says he has no January signing targets and he might have to move players on!

He would not be my choice as St.Mirren manager but I didn't like the thought of Gus or Danny as manager's and both brought sucess to St.Mirren!

Came across well better than Murray and Craig ever did.

I for one am going to forget the fact he supports or has played with Rangers.

As far as im concerned he's manager of St.Mirren now and as manager of St.Mirren he has my support!

Welcome to St.Mirren Alex...

Can't bleaive some are spitting the dummy out because who Alex supports. WTF do you think everyone coming to our club is a St Mirren fan or do you suffer from a underlying west of Scotland problem.

To be fair IOBS, it's not his support for Newco that upset some. It's his high profile support for wallopers like Sons of Struth and Chris Graham etc. Not the kind of behaviour you expect from someone who is looking for a career in management. Having said that, I hope he does the business and removes the doubts by results on the park. COYS

To be fair IOBS, it's not his support for Newco that upset some. It's his high profile support for wallopers like Sons of Struth and Chris Graham etc. Not the kind of behaviour you expect from someone who is looking for a career in management. Having said that, I hope he does the business and removes the doubts by results on the park. COYS

Exactly, well said. Its not the fact he's a blue nose, it's the fact he's a rampant, coming out of every pore one that is the problem.

His twitter stuff is full of it. Seems like he lacks a bit of common sense as well to me.

I don't really care which team a manager supports . I certainly felt we turned Danny into a Saints fan by the time of the Cup final , he certainly respected us anyway.

I just don't like the whole idea of Rae and I certainly don't think he is the man to do the business for us and get us back up the league! However , presumably those who appointed him know more about football than I do so maybe I'll be proved wrong. .

Alex Rae says he will be in the Dugout on Saturday for the Alloa game that he only signed 20 mins ago but after the interview he's going to Ralston to help plan for Alloa that he's hands on with the player's!

he also mentions that he's been to a few games and has done his research. He also says he has no January signing targets and he might have to move players on!

He would not be my choice as St.Mirren manager but I didn't like the thought of Gus or Danny as manager's and both brought sucess to St.Mirren!

Came across well better than Murray and Craig ever did.

I for one am going to forget the fact he supports or has played with Rangers.

As far as im concerned he's manager of St.Mirren now and as manager of St.Mirren he has my support!

Welcome to St.Mirren Alex...

Everyone to a man said Murray seemed articulate and tuned in in his first interview. That went well after.

Can't say I'm impressed with his appointment but I remember feeling this way when a certain manager arrived back in the 98/99 season. Then Tom Hendrie went on and had a great 18 months leading us to the SPL. I don't care who he played for or who he supports. I don't care what players he upsets as long as results improve. He will have my backing and more as he is now our manager.

So we go again. It's what we do.

Welcome to our club Alex, all the best, hope it works out for you.

Graft, honesty and some up and at em will do for a start. If you can add shape , a plan and get us winning , well there's a bonus.

Ultimate new manager bounce fixture tomorrow. When was the last time an Alloa v St. Mirren fixture held such erm, interest ?

COYS

Alex on radio scotland sounds good. Enough cash for 2 new players plus maybe some loans talked about experience needed though he would assessment overcoming weeks. Said he will be in the dugout tomorrow.

That's not what he said....Couple of new players could be signed by StMirren if he sends a couple of guys out on loan.

Happy with this appointment, he seems to be quite a steely and determined character with enough presence to command respect from the dressing room, his playing and coaching career have also been decent. I would also hope that he would clear out the BODs man in Mr Miller, and bring in his own men.

Couldn't care less who he supported as long as his full efforts are in lifting us out the mire.

Welcome to St Mirren Alex.

That's not what he said....Couple of new players could be signed by StMirren if he sends a couple of guys out on loan.

I think it's clear the squad is imbalanced and there is obvious scope for improvement.

Conlan, Watson, Reid and Shankland all have deals that expire in January or can be broken in January. Obviously up to the manager if he wanted to keep any of those (we do need someone to play right back !) but that's at least some of four wages that could be juggled for a start.

I'd get rid of them all and McMullan. Been a few years since I played right back, but I'm willing to bet I'd not be any worse than some of these imposters.

I think McMullan is here on a season long loan. I think Rae likes wingers, apparently he turned Gavin Swankie from a shambles of a player into a top performer for Dundee.

Mcmullan has not impressed at all. Hopefully Rae will instill a bit of confidence and fight in the underachievers or they'll been on their way out the club.

I thought McMullan was excellent at the start of the season. Unfortunately every time he beat the full back he was chopped to the ground.

Some that stick in mind was away to Annan, Morton and Falkirk at home.

I thought McMullan was excellent at the start of the season. Unfortunately every time he beat the full back he was chopped to the ground.

Some that stick in mind was away to Annan, Morton and Falkirk at home.

That's the difference that i hope Rae makes, that players like him and Mcgregor, even shankland, can flourish.

I would let McMullan go if we can. I only noticed a decent 30 mins against Falkirk before he got injured. Every other game he has been very poor. The guy never tracks back and when he plays our ride side is wide open. First game at Ibrox and Wallace had a field day as when McMullan lost the ball he just stood and waited for someone to give him it back. Morgan is a far better looking player if Rae wants a winger. I see absolutely no sense in keeping McMullan when we could nurture our own talent and not Cetic's.

I would let McMullan go if we can. I only noticed a decent 30 mins against Falkirk before he got injured. Every other game he has been very poor. The guy never tracks back and when he plays our ride side is wide open. First game at Ibrox and Wallace had a field day as when McMullan lost the ball he just stood and waited for someone to give him it back. Morgan is a far better looking player if Rae wants a winger. I see absolutely no sense in keeping McMullan when we could nurture our own talent and not Cetic's.

Let's see if the new manager can get more out of him.

McMullan looked great at first but he seems to hide as soon as he gets booted a couple of times.

The manager should be getting on at the refs to protect him though.

I'd certainly say there is potential there, maybe Rae can get something out of him that Murray couldn't.

I agree with most of what you say however I a believe that there's a good player in there if coached correctly could do well.

He started well for us I thought and faded. Perhaps Rae can get him to track back etc.